You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Fort Benning

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Fort Benning

 

Recently (about a month ago) I moved to Fort Benning, GA. To be with my husband.

Since we moved here I've experienced some rather unusual things. We live in the Bouton Heights Village. I first noticed early in the morning after my husband has left for PT the front door sounds like it opens and then shuts. I thought at first maybe he was coming back in because he forgot something but I look out the window for the car and he's already left.

My husband and I don't have any children and once when I was home alone while he was at work I could swear I heard kids footsteps running up and down the stairs.

Then, just 3 days ago, I was driving home from Kelley Hill (for those who know the area) I was taking the main road from Martin Army that passes Davis Hill to Bouton Heights. About 15 minutes, the short way home. It's very secluded, no homes or buildings near. It was about 10 at night and I was the only car on the road so my brights were on. I saw a women, or man with long black hair standing in the ditch on the side of the road right next to the turn into Davis hill. I took a second look and no one was there. I couldn't make out what the person was wearing, or what it looked like other than white and very wild long black hair.

I came on here to hopefully get some feedback. Anything helps, I'm pretty freaked out! I'm hoping people in the area have experiences to share and I'm not just loosing, my mind! I noticed some people from Fort Benning have put their experiences on Google.

Please help!

Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, baumalizr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

boleyh13 (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
I realize that this story was posted several years ago, but it makes my heart sink every time I read it. My husband and I lived in Bouton Heights Village in 2014 for only 6 weeks before we moved to Fort Bragg, NC and in that short time I had a similar experience.
I had a toddler and a newborn at the time and I had just laid them down for a morning nap when my husband was leaving for PT (just like in your story). I decided to lay down and take a nap too. The baby was asleep in his bassinet beside my bed.
Just when I started feeling halfway asleep I heard my front door open and close and heard footsteps walking all the way into my bedroom (similar to your story again). Assuming it was my husband who had forgotten something I didn't even open my eyes. I felt the bed sink down next to me as if he were sitting down, and then "he" rubbed my back and pulled the blanket over me. After that the baby started to whimper and I suddenly heard him start sucking on his pacifier and then the foot steps walked out of the house and the door open and closed again.
Once I heard the door close I looked up to check on the baby, and his pacifier was in his mouth, when it hadn't been at the time I laid him down. My husband called me at lunch time to check in as he always did, at which time I ask him why he had come back in the house after he had left for PT. Keep in mind that my husband is a very serious person, and not a jokester at all, he told me he hadn't come back in the house. My heart dropped into my stomach! I hope you see this comment, I know it's an old story, but I am so intrigued and thought you might be too.
nateo64 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
I was at the processing building in July 2011. I was doing 24 hour guard duty with another recruit and an NCO but I did see this being that looked like that ghost from the ring. I saw it a couple times I thought it was just me being scared of the dark and I thought my mind was just messing with me until I asked my battle buddy he and confirmed on three different occurrences and described in detail that he had seen the same thing. My last 2 weeks at Fort Benning were very demonic and I have had issues with the same being where I live now. The thing always looked like it was screaming at me.
baumalizr (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
I KNOW! Since then I have definitely noticed other things as well. My husband came home from the field one night and asked me to change the channel so I did. The channel started at 200, once I got in the 300's it started skipping by 10's and 2's all the way up to channel 500 and then stopped. I honestly didn't think anything of it, I thought maybe the cable box went wacky until my husband (who I would NEVER expect this from) started saying it was a ghost. I'd never even told him what happened to me before!

I agree ngute80 you should post what's happened to you. You'd definitely not be the first out of Davis Hill... My email is baumalizr (at) yahoo.com

And Nysa, at night time when something freaks you the heck out like that and you come to a conclution within 2 seconds of it happening that it definitely was NOT human. Or from this date & age. I'm almost positive most people, unless youre extremely brave & willing, would have probably sped home:)
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
I have a question, did you stop to see if perhaps the person by the ditch was a living person who may have fell down into the ditch & that is why you did not see her (or him) when you looked back? You ask for help but I am not real sure what you are looking for. Obviously it would be nice if someone else could tell you that they have seen that person & they feel sure it is a ghost so you would know what to think of the experience, but other than that what kind of help are you looking for? The noises in your house would freak you out a bit but it is possible there is a yet unknown "normal" explanation. Even if there is not it sounds residual, more like an echo so weird as it might seem there really doesn't seem to be anything to fear. If you are just feeling a little "crazy," a quick look around this website should tell you that you are far from being alone!
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
Wow that's crazy! I live on Ft. Benning in Davis Hill. Ever since we moved in we have experienced paranormal things in our house. My husband has seen an a little girl twice and black masses. I need to submit a story soon 😊. My email is dgute78 [at] yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: