You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: White Mist

Real Ghost Stories

White Mist

 

I live in an almost 300 years old farm. My house was built by monks. I have always felt weird stuff in my house, like the occasional cold spot and noises, but I always just thought it was in my head. A few years back when I shared a room downstairs with my sister (the room I am currently writing this story in) I saw something. It was a boiling hot night and I was desperate for a drink. I sat up and grabbed my drink, when I took my first sip, I saw something at the bottom of my room and I was petrified. It wasn't any particular shape just like a really clear white mist with a strange movement in the middle going outwards. It is so hard to explain. I slowly put my drink back and slipped under the covers and didn't look back up. My family didn't believe me, so I invited a friend around to sleep, not telling her about what I had seen. That night she woke me up crying, saying she couldn't sleep on her own, so we moved into the living room. The next morning she told me that she had seen something very similar to what I had seen, but this time, it moved out into the hallway and it was gliding very slowly. I don't know what it is and I hope that you believe me because I wouldn't lie about this sort of thing, if you have any ideas it would be very highly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
When I lived in Bowral NSW Australia I lived by myself. I was working as an aged care nurse and did mostly night shifts. I came home one day and when I opened the front door and turned on the light the whole room was misty/smokey. It was white and looked like smoke or mist. It covered my lounge room and kitchen as they were combined into one room and it slowly floated up to the ceiling then disappeared. I had no windows open only the front door I was standing at. Also I only had one door because it was an apartment. The smoke did not rush past me just rose up then disappeared. I didn't smell anything like burning or hear anything unusual.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Rebecca- how no earth did you get "a portal to another dimension"?! My toliet swirls when you flush it, and so do many things in the natural world, I think it might be a tad hasty to just straight into "a portal to another dimension".
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Hi I have had white mist covering all my bedroom so I do believe in white mist. 😊 I don't know what it means though 😊
Rebecca (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-02)
Hi there. Well, I've never heard anything like this before, but, if I had to guess, it sounds to me like it might have been a portal that opened up into another dimension. I say this because it seems like there was a center portion in the middle that the mist was eminating from. The fact that it moved around makes sense too, as the "edges" (if you will) of the various dimensions are always in flux with one another.

I wouldn't say it was a spirit because, even though those can appear "mist-like", they always seem to nonetheless take on a general humanish form. And, it definitely wasn't an orb, from how you describe it.

If you see it again, I would throw somthing into it and see if it's on the floor later! (Something you wouldn't mind not ever getting back, that is...) :-)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-30)
I'm sorry, how foolish of me, I didn't tell you the name, it's called A grandfather's experience. sorry for that and HAPPY NEW YEAR
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-30)
Hey Rachel, My mom experienced something like that in the old blue huanted house we used to live in. She always saw mists and blob- like figures in that house, so I definitely believe you. hey Happy New Year and I just recently posted up a story a few minutes ago also and maybe you'd like to read it and be the first to comment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: