You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: You Know That Eerie Feeling?

Real Ghost Stories

You Know That Eerie Feeling?

 

My name is Jordan and I am 15 years old. Let me tell you a bit of my background. I moved to a little town outside of Buffalo, NY called Lewiston four years ago. This town has a lot of history to it. A few months before I moved here my mother died. So that might relate to my events. I have experienced several paranormal events since I moved to Lewiston. I will share with you my most recent experiences.

Things started happening about two months ago. The first event happened to my dad. He told me that he was cooking dinner in the kitchen and I was at a friend's house. While he was cooking he heard my bedroom door slam shut. It shook the whole apartment (we live in a duplex). There was no windows open and there were no drafts. He thought nothing of it.

The next event happened two weeks ago. And this time it happened to me. I was lying on my bed doing homework and listening to music and my room got noticeably cold. I felt this tingling on my arms, legs and stomach. It felt like someone with really cold hands was touching me.

This went on for about three to five minutes. I couldn't move because I was too frightened. I also felt something watching me. I finally got the courage to get up and leave the room. Once I walked out of my room the feeling of something watching me was gone.

A week ago I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep and my bed started to vibrate. The bed vibrated for about five minutes. It's not a furnace that caused it because we don't have one. Nothing in our apartment could have caused it. A few days later it happened again.

For the past three days I've been waking up at around 2:45am-3:00am for no reason. Then I wouldn't be able to go back asleep because I would have that eerie feeling of something watching me. Sometimes I would see something move past me really quickly out of the corner of my eye. It looks like a black figure. Most of these events happen when I'm alone and when I'm in my room. I know these events seem cliché but they actually happened. Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jmbund, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

earthtogillian (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Have these activities occurred just after your mother died? When you get the error feeling, do you feel like it's disturbing or more of like reassuring? I don't know anything about the paranormal even though I think I've been blessed with the gift, but I think it may be your mom trying to make itself known? It's not harming you so I suggest you let it be and come what may. Also, in all honesty, I don't suggest you keep a journal because it's only going to scare the living sht out of you. If it tries to cause you harm in any way, I suggest you contact a psychic medium or have your house blessed. If you think it's following you, then I suggest you to welcome ot unless it's scaring or hurting you. I hope I was of help. 😊 😊 😊
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
No Jordan keeping a journal will give you even more of a scare. I suggest you contact your ghost stories and ask for some paranormal help.
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
Thank you all for all your suggestions and advice! I very much appreciate it and helps me through this confusion haha.
[at] zzsgranny and miracles51031, I think keeping a journal is a great idea! I think it would be smart to write down what I see and feel, my investigation starts now and ill face my fears and just go with it:)

[at] stephyw2001, I always thought that 3am was the time of the paranormal, so I thought getting up at around that time meant something. But I guess that's not always the case. And I always pay attention to the little things, like if I hear a noise or if something is out of place, I think "oh that's weird" and I think about it for awhile and I don't just shake it off like you do. You have a good point with the 3am thing and I agree with you.

[at] nysa, I'm glad you understand and hopefully I do find out what this is in the end. You also make a good point. Ill keep you posted.

Thanks,
Jordan ❤
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I sure do.
When I got rid of my guest I would still wake up in the middle of the night from being used to waking up and looking around. I didn't have to but I did any ways for about the next week or so.
I got used to the eerie feeling before it started burning my food, it was kind of weird adjusting to not getting the feeling after a while as well.
❤ Qt
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I apologize for my misinterpretation Jordan. Going on a few brief responses is difficult, but I think it can really help people to challenge them to examine their unconscious motives. It sounds like you are pretty comfortable in yours, so I think you will figure this out in the end.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
stephy - my daughter has been like that most of her life. She's the type who either will just ignore the sound or gets up and investigates 😆. Totally different than I was at her age. At 13 she was trying to find out what "that noise" was. Me at 13? I was running to mom and dad's room 😆.

My little boy is the same way. He gets up to see what it was. My kids are a lot braver than I was at their ages. I'd like to think I have something to do with that, but I don't know that I can take credit for it 😆
stephyw2001 (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
oh, I almost forgot.

I also wake up at 3-3:30 almost every night. I find there are a few reasons for this:

1. I have to pee, and my body is only capable of holding it for a set amount of time, and my body has chosen that schedule.

2. I'm overheating and am thirsty.

3. Scientific studies have determined that the body achieves REM sleep patterns around every 3 hours. IF you go to bed at nine, you might wake up around midnight, which is why people freak over the "witching hour". (Oh no, I woke up at midnight, must be evil). Or if you go to bed later, your body would naturally awaken around 3am. (Oh no, I woke up at 3am, its Satan mocking the time of Jesus's death). Really, I think our bodies just fall into a simple pattern and we wake up.

As I mentioned, I wake up all the time (almost every night) at 3am - 3:30 am. I sometimes get up, go to the bathroom, look out the window, walk around the house in the dark, whatever. I suggest you do this too. Don't turn on the lights, just look around in the dark. Get comfortable with it. You'll see a lot of 3ams in your lifetime, so you might as well know it on a first name basis. 😊
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I do recommend Miracle's approach. Its probably a better route than going in my direction:

Me: get up at 3am to get a drink of water. From the kitchen I hear a loud BANG from the backyard. I turn on the outdoor light, see nothing. Think "oh well" and go back to bed. (yes seriously, I do that, no problem. I love sleep and ain't no "ghost" getting between me and my pillow). In the morning I wake up and find out that it was a wooden board my boyfriend left propped up on the side of the house that the wind blew over (not visible from the window).

Now, the whole "what was that? Oh well" approach doesn't work for everyone. Some people worry too much about what it could have been. I, however, have (almost) always been able to debunk noises I hear or sights I think I have seen. I've been doing it since I was a kid. So I really don't think much of strange sights or sounds.

The only way for you to get to a comfortable stage is to explore. You must find the source of your worries (aka fears). Once you can face them, and realize they're nothing to worry about, I think you'll become quite at peace.:-) Good luck!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
jumbund - granny has given you my normal advice (thank you, granny 😉). But here are a couple of things I want to share with you.

One of them is why I started keeping my journal. My experiences started when I was 13. For a very, very long time I thought I was crazy because I was hearing and seeing things. Eventually, in 2002, I started keeping a journal. By then I was 37 and had experienced a lot of "crazy stuff" in my life. I honestly thought I'd gone off the deep end. But after I started putting all these experiences in writing, I realized I wasn't crazy.

Second thing: This journal will also help you figure out whether or not these things you are experiencing are paranormal or not. The one thing about this journal is...it's yours. No one else's. You can be 100% honest with yourself. When I type my entries and I'm not sure if what I heard was one of my ghosts, I admit it. And sometimes I'll hear the same exact thing weeks later and I realize it wasn't my ghost. Then I go back to that entry in my Journal and I'll update it. I don't delete my original entry. I leave it exactly the way it was. I just update it and say that I now found out what the sound was.

These are just some ideas that have helped me. You'll find things that work for you. But the Journal? It really does help.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
jmbund: The advice I'm going to give you comes from one of our respected regulars, Miracles51031... Try keeping a journal of all the odd things you and your dad experience... Make notes of the date, time, weather conditions and even moon phase, and what you were doing or thinking about at that time...Also, don't be afraid to explore in an attempt to debunk your experience, and note those results as well...It's always best to rule out everyday possibilities first before deeming the occurance paranormal...

Good luck, and keep us posted! 😊
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Nysa, I totally understand your opinion but I don't want it to be a ghost, I just thought its a possibility that a ghost can be causeing these events but it may be something else and that's what I'm going to investgate.
Thanks,
Jordan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Forgive me, but it seems like you really want the unexplained experiences to be ghostly in origin. That might be a complete misread on my part, but it might also be a desire you are not conscious of & it will seriously hinder your understanding of the events. Obviously you do not have to justify yourself here, but you might want to try to seriously examine your emotions, thoughts & motives, just to make sure you are seeing things clearly.
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Thank you tempe_toxic, I will definately keep you posted if anything else happens, and if I come across any questions than I will be sure to ask you them:)
Tempe_Toxic (10 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I think your encounters are very interesting and I would like to keep reading. You may be interested in some of my posts. I have been dealing with the paranormal in my life for almost twenty years now and I would be more than happy to help you with any questions you may have. I'm sorry about the loss of your mother but I am more than sure that she is there protecting you from any harm and very proud of the person you are turning out to be.
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
[at] Lynrinth,I have discussed this with my dad, and he believes me. But he doesn't think that its a big deal. But at least he is listening. I will keep my eyes open and keep you posted.

[at] Stormangel, I thought it was my mind playing tricks too, but it seems so real. When I see or hear certain things I get paranoid and I get that uncomfortable feeling. But looking at other stories I don't think that's it. I believe that there is a spirit trying to make itself known like lynrinth said. Thank you for your thoughts and advice:)
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I believe your experiences totally but it might not be ghostly activity, ther's an explanation called 'corner of the eye sydrome' I have experienced this also and it scared me but there are other explanations, it may be a true spirit but our eyes can play mad tricks on us, would take to long to explain on here but you can have a look via internet if you want. Doors can slam without any draughts but if it was hard enough to make the house shake then it doesn't sound like its the expanding of wood building up so yeah that's strange. Moongrim is right though about infrasound, it can affect you in such a way that you see fleeting visions and have a feeling of being watched also high emf readings are very common in causing these and other symptoms. I would be creeped out if I were you though so I'm not trying to diss your account I just wouldn't want you scared or uncomfortable in your own home if there are other explanations, a house cleansing could put your mind at rest for the time being though. Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother but I would like to think she is at rest and has nothing to do with any of this. Thankyou for sharing and keep us posted 😁
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Mmmmm...well, if you're not used to this type of activity, it definitely can be frightening. Now you think it's following you. You mention your father has experience some of this, have you two ever discussed this thoroughly? Has you have said, it's just making a racket so it can get your attention. You just need to watch and see what it might do next, and if it causes you any concern, you might try talking to your father about it.
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Thank you Lynrinth, and I agree I thought it was just trying to get my attention. It hasn't bothered me to the point where I want it gone. I also had an idea where it could be my mother trying to make contact with me, but I doubt it. Thanks for the advice:)
jmbund (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Well it hasn't done anything to cause harm. But it has deffinately scared me. I also for got to mention that I think that it follows me. I go to my neighbors a lot. And and the dog that lives there looks and barks at the wall or nothing. I see shadows also.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
First, my condolences for your loss. Second, so far this spirit is just making itself known. For the time being, just watch, observe, kind of take it all in. If anything else happens, whether if it causes you any concern, then you can see if you need to do anything. It's weird, definitely out of the ordinary, a little thrilling. I think that's enough for anyone to really digest for the moment.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Rough guess, you could very easily not be getting ghostly activities, as you're the victim of infrasound.

Considering the amount of industry nearby, I'd not be too terribly surprised.

Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings

You're not that far from Earl Brydges Air park, and across the river from a Hydroelectric plant.
chu_chu (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I have had similar things happen to me when I was younger so its not hard to believe. Does it seem like whatever it is has ill intent?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: