You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Workplace

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Workplace

 

This is my first story on this website and this experience happen to me about 3 years ago when I used to work for a business centre as a security receptionist, now before I start my story I would like to give more detail about my work place, my workplace has one basement and one ground floor (reception area) and three floors and has two lifts on opposite sides it use to be a warehouse for a clothes company but now it's a business centre.

When I first started the job I didn't feel anything strange or paranormal it happen after about three weeks when I felt like something was not right about the workplace. I work 12 hours days and nights meaning 4 days and 4 nights with my work colleague and as a security receptionist I have to patrol in and out of the building just to check if everything is ok and there are no intruders or any alarm going off.

It was night and I was at the reception desk and my colleague was patrolling the building in and out everything was ok so he reported to control that everything is fine. It was my turn to patrol the building in and out I was at the basement checking if there anyone there because it was out of office hour so normally there shouldn't be anyone there so I decided to go more deep in the basement.

The basement was bit mass up so I decide to clean up a bit just normal tidiness even though it was not my job to do so I finish cleaning up and start to get out of the basement. Then as I start to open the door something drop so loud like bang on the floor coming from the small room that was inside the basement so I decided to check up what was that noise in that room.

Then as I walk up to that room I suddenly remember that I checked that room already so it will be impossible to someone to be there but I still went there for double check. I open the room door there was a box full of document paper on the floor so I thought maybe it fall from the shelve because there was no one there so I picked up the paper and put it in the box and box on the shelve.

Then I got up and walk toward the door then suddenly I heard a voice behind me it sounded like it said are finished I immediately turn around to see who was it but no one was there. I went up in the first floor reception area to speak to my work colleague about what happen he just look at me and I thought to myself he must be thinking I am mad it was my imagination.

Then he said to me don't you know this place is haunted it used to be a warehouse in 1960s but unfortunately it burnt down killing 4 people. I said to him have you heard or seen anything while you were working he said I have heard and seen not today but about 2 and half month ago while I was patrolling on the third floor I was reading a newspaper and suddenly I heard a noise.

I was sitting in the chair I got up to see what was it one side of the room the lights were off it was in the corner of the room where I saw a men just standing there. I couldn't believe my eye I thought I was imagining but no it was there it was wearing 1960s suites with a black hat but I notice that his arm has cut mark and was bleeding, I was so scared I didn't know how to react.

I just run down stairs I have been working in so many places I never so anything like that. He told I believe what you heard was paranormal but I not scared off it, I just believe you have to get use to it so I told well if you can get use to it and it don't bother me then I suppose so I just have to ignore them and continue with my work but I am still scared of it.

Thanks for reading I will to put more story up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caisen365, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
That's so interesting, I love old places like this with a lot of history, I like the idea that they don't know that they are dead, however they are talking to you and pushing stuff of shelves, which for me personally probably means that they are either trapped there or there by choice and just having a bit of fun:) peace x
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
This is such a interesting story! I love stories like this. Defenitly people who died there, perhaps they do not know they are dead and are still 'working' there. The one who stated he are finished was defenitly done with his work,shaim!
😭
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
If anything else, a psychological help for you that you may find useful:

Cold Iron.

Keep a chunk of Cold Iron on hand when you work there.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
How frightening! Just the two of you in one building after hours, it sounds like. Please take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: