You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Could I Have Offended A Ghost In The Alley?

Real Ghost Stories

Could I Have Offended A Ghost In The Alley?

 

Some strange things have been happening to me and I would really like to hear if you think I am being haunted. I have never seen a ghost in my life and I didn't ever give them much thought, except for sometimes watching scary movies, until recently.

Last month when I was walking home from classes at my college I took a shortcut through an alley I had never been down before. Halfway down the block it felt like I ran into something with sharp edges. I was really confused because there was nothing around for me to run into. I just stood there looking around trying to see what I could've hit but there was hardly anything in the alley. The closest thing to me was a dumpster and it was like five or six feet away against a wall. I got really scared because it just didn't make any sense. I practically ran the rest of the way to my apartment. When I got there I told my room mate about it. She asked me if it still hurt and I said a bit so I lifted my shirt to look at the spot on my stomach where it felt like I ran into something.

There was a bit of a scratch like you would get playing with a cat but bigger and the skin was lightly bruised along the scratches. We talked about it for a long time. We talked about hidden alien spaceships and things made invisible by a sorcerer but it all seemed so silly. We had no idea what it could have been so I just decided not to walk down that alley anymore.

A few days later the strange things started happening. I will list them in order as best as I can recall.

1.) I was sitting in the living room watching tv when my rack of cds fell over on top of me, there didn't seem to be any reason for it to fall.

2.) I was at my desk on my computer when my dictionary fell off of the shelf from the wall behind me and hit me in the head. The shelf is wall mounted and it was like seven or eight feet from where I was sitting. None of the other books on the shelf fell.

3.) I was walking across the green at school when a rock hit me in the stomach. I don't know where it came from. There were other people on the green but nobody seemed to be throwing things.

4.) I was walking home when a small potted cactus fell from a window above a small shop and just grazed my leg before shattering on the sidewalk.

5.) I was getting a pop out of the fridge and my bottle of vitamins fell and hit me on the wrist.

6.) The lamp on my bedside table fell and hit me on the foot while I was laying in bed watching tv and I wasn't moving around.

7.) I was straightening my hair in the bathroom when the mirror of the medicine cabinet in front of me flew open and hit me on the side of my head.

8.) I was sitting at the bottom of the steps putting on my shoes to leave for class and my room mates tennis shoe, which had been on the landing about five steps up, hit me on the back of my head.

I know these things happen but I have never been accident prone and they seem to happen every three or four days. My room mate and I started to wonder if a ghost was behind it. I read several stories on this web site and it seems like some of the commenters have studied these things. So I am wondering if you think a ghost is causing these strange things? Could I have offended a ghost in the alley? Also can ghosts have invisible objects with them, because what I ran into did not feel like a body at all? I am really confused and I would like to hear expert opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Saqqara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Chazlow (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
It sounds like you need to be cleansed by a priest or your baptist. You must seek help from your local vicar to cleanse you if you don't have a priest.

Try and wear a cross chain on you. This may drive evil spirits chasing/haunting you.

Good Luck.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Saqqara,

Thank you for the updates... I hope this works for the 'both' of you.

Respectfully,

Rook
Saqqara (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Update: Yesterday as I walked past the recliner in the living room the footrest popped out hitting me in the ankle. I said out loud that I was sorry if I inconvenienced or offended it *I said "you" not it* and said I would walk by the alley that day on my way to classes if it wanted to follow me to find its way back. I did not see any indication that it did or did not leave. I guess I will just wait and see.
Saqqara (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Thank you all for your opinions and advice! Thanks Rook for giving me the link to your story, I at least feel a little less crazy now. Since submitting this story only one thing has happened, my bedroom door slammed on me while I was walking through it. I guess next time something happens I will try to talk to it, I will feel silly but if it works I am willing to feel silly. If that does not work I will try some of the stuff listed on that website posted by Moongrim. I don't believe in demons from hell so I am not going to worry about that possibility.
becky_123 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
I recon you have a angry spirit on your hands here best of look keep us all posted xx 😊
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Sounds like you got a bout of really bad luck! I would lean more towards a poltergeist, just pulling pranks on you just to receive attention from you. I wouldn't say ignore it that's for sure but I would just do a simple cleansing or if need be stand your ground and commanding it to leave. One this is for sure, it really likes to try to cause a concussion! 😜

Be Safe and Blessed be! ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Must...stop...must resist...Argghhhh!

Can I work for Satin?

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I believe the Entity you refer to is Satan and the Fallen Angels are Demons...

Deamons is not quite a word... However Daemon (s) is...

Daemon: (noun) 1: demigod; a mythological being that is part-god and part-human.

There are times where one just has to say something in order to get it off ones chest... Sorry I am not trying to bash anyone but I couldn't help myself. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
The only way I can think of, of how you could offended it was going in it's home, but it could be a deamon because deamons and ghost are very alike. A ghost is someone who died and most likly is trapped in our world. But a deamon is a fallen angel who works for Satin to cause harm to us humans. A deamon is an evil non human forse. Who knows have you ever done an ojnga bord (sorry can't spell) because those are dangerous. (by the way I know most of this comment was stating the obvious)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
You'll find that, as ghosts are (usually but not always) ex-living people, just about anything will offend one.

Some tips on how to deal with a ghostie:
Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Saqqara,

The answer to your questions is Yes to all...

Asumimanami has made an intresting point... And given a great place to start... Just apologize and offer to 'lead it' back to the allyway where you first encountered 'it'.

As far as 'carrying' objects... I do believe it's possible... You may find one of my experiences intresting...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4224

It shows that we can 'feel' things that we cannot 'see'.

This 'spirit' may not be upset at 'you' for anything more than it's somehow been 'pulled away' from the 'area' it was comfortable in and it just wants to go back... As far as EXPERT OPINONS... I don't think that it is possible in the 'paranormal field'...though there are many here who have lots of experience and we are willing to share what insight those experiences give us.

If you would like a Sheilding/Cleansing method I use a good one for myself and Family and it's yours for the asking, however I don't feel it's needed in your case... A simple apology and showing 'it' the way back to it's ally should do the 'trick'.

Thanks for Sharing this experience with us and I wish you well. Please let us know how things turn out.

Respectfully,

Rook
asumimanami (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Maybe you did. Sometimes these kinds of things try to get you back for what you did even if it is an accident.
It's normally better not to mess with them and if you have offended them then just try to apologize. If you believe in jinaat then try putting a box of gulaab-jamans for a night and if by morning they are gone it means that it is a jinn. However if it is a ghost then trying to apologize seems like the best option.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: