You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Trouble I Can Foresee

Real Ghost Stories

Trouble I Can Foresee

 

I apologize in advance for the length of this, there just happens to be a large amount to explain.

I guess I should begin with a little backstory: Our family has both Native American and Irish ties. It seems as if it is a rite of passage for the women in our family when they experience their first paranormal goings-on. My family has lived in the same farmhouse for almost three decades, and there have been many paranormal happenings throughout those years. However, my family just brushes them off; after all, it is close to a normal occurrence around here. Well, I suppose it was my turn to bring some new stories into the family. It started a short while before I turned thirteen, and has only gotten worse ever since. Perhaps I shouldn't say "worse," but in fact, "stronger."

The first thing I noticed was that someone had begun to watch me at night. It was at its strongest when I would sleep in the upstairs bedroom. If I sleep on the bed, I am forced to sleep on my left side, facing the wall in order to get any sleep. This entity seemed to be very distinctly "male" in his presence. About a week after this had begun; I had read an article on this site pertaining to orbs. That night, there was a rather large ball of white light that moved swiftly across the aforementioned wall. (Now, with the way the bedroom was built, there was no possible explanation for this.) This is the only happening that someone else witnessed as well. My then-eight-year-old cousin was awake with me and saw it as well.

After that, things stayed the same for a while. I would go about my day, and then be subjected to the intent stare of the male entity at night. I, for one, had gotten rather used to this, until about a month or so after it first began. I was lying in bed and I thought I heard a man's voice mutter something. ("Flame" or "fire," perhaps? I couldn't tell.) I decided to shake it off, and no sooner had I made that decision did I hear, "You heard me." It was a man's voice, it was not deep, nor was the tone threatening. He was just stating that fact rather firmly. I don't think he meant to scare me like he did. He will follow me down into my bedroom, but his presence is not as strong. I had one more out of character run in with him a while after that.

As I laid in bed, I kept hearing a man muttering. I was getting spooked, so I began to chant the phrase "Leave me alone," over and over again, picturing light pushing out from around me and enveloping the room. He left for that night, and did not even return to keep his watch as normal. (This was the only time I was able to do this.) What's more, although I've never outright seen this entity, if I close my eyes, I can "see" a bit of what he looks like. He is wearing a button up, faded orange shirt and jeans. I cannot see his face, but from what I can see, I gather that he may be in his mid- to late-forties. I wanted to take a picture of the bed so that you could see what I'm talking about, but for some reason I can't. Every time I pick up the camera, I get a very uneasy feeling about taking the picture.

Now, there are some nights when the entity feels very "female" in nature to me. Her demeanor and everything about her frightens me. I do not know why, but she always seems very hostile towards me. She does not like me being in what I can only assume is her "territory." She is a young girl, perhaps a year or two older than me. (Fifteen or sixteen.) I haven't concentrated enough on her to assess what she is wearing. I've never wanted to close my eyes long enough to do so while in her presence. Every so often I will see her holding a knife over her head while she is standing next to me if I sleep on the couch. Needless to say, I'm not too keen on being around her. She has not yet followed me into my bedroom, but she will follow me outside on occasion. If she visits me at night, I refuse to sleep until it is light outside. She has been visiting me more often, now, and it seems like she is becoming slightly more aggressive. There are nights, now, that I feel uncomfortable going outside because she follows me.

Now, I'm not sure if it was just the young girl playing a trick on me, or if I was just slightly delusional that night, but: I had been sick with a horrible cough for some time, and was sleeping on the couch in the upstairs bedroom. Sometime late that night I heard what sounded like a little old lady's voice. Very clearly she asked, "Excuse me?" I didn't answer her, and that's the first and last I've ever heard.

There is a nameless, faceless, nearly genderless entity that has taken up residence at the area between the right side of our garage and the gate directly adjacent to the garage wall. This entity has been slightly less active as of late, but still gets a kick out of chasing me back up to the porch or to the barn. (Or to any other source of light that happens to be handy.) Though I have a feeling this entity may also be male, I have not been able to pin its gender yet.

There have also been many strange happenings in the parking area near where this entity resides. I have been standing in the middle of our parking area on a night with no wind whatsoever, only to be hit (normally in the head,) by random objects. Most are never recovered. There was one night, however, when I was coming back from putting clothes in the washer with my grandmother at around 2 AM. When we were almost to the porch, I felt something hit my lower leg. When we looked down, we found a small, faded pink bow that looked as though it was from many decades ago. My grandmother was sure it had not been there when we had gone out only a few minutes prior. No one can explain why that bow suddenly decided to jump up and attack my knee.

Now, last summer my family was getting ready to go on vacation, and the oddest thing happened the night before we left. It was late, probably around 3 to 4 AM, and I saw a flicker of movement dart from the dining room (where I was sitting,) and into the kitchen. I got up and followed it. Low and behold, it was a little, black Fennec fox-like creature with crimson eyes that seemed to glow. It darted off again into my great-grandfather's bedroom. I was curious, and I didn't feel threatened by this little critter, so I followed it again. I finally got it cornered and I asked it what it was doing here. It shifted, then, into a creature that took my breath away. It looked like an emaciated Greyhound, but it was huge; half as tall as me, if I remember correctly. The only thing other than seeing it transform that could pin it to its fox kin was its coloring, which remained the same. I still did not feel threatened by this creature, if anything I felt a tad depressed in his presence. (I don't know why, but I've always referred to this creature as a "him.") He joined us on our vacation, shifting from dog to fox depending on the space that was given at the time. No one else seemed to be able to see him, and when I told my grandmother about him later, she said she hadn't seen anything at all. When we came back, we found out one of our kittens was ill, and his condition quickly declined. As soon as the kitten passed away, the black creature disappeared and hasn't been seen since.

There are places I cannot go, such as our lake house and my aunt's neighborhood, without my stomach turning upside down and making me feel as though I cannot breathe. I get physically ill when I go to these places, and it is as though I have a sort of "sixth sense" when it comes to if someone has passed away in an area. My aunt's neighbor committed suicide, and ever since then it has been very hard for me to visit her at her house. (Please keep in mind that I didn't find out her neighbor had died until long after it happened.)

I would just like to see what other people have to say about these happenings, and if anyone can offer advice on how to deal with the more mischievous entities before they get out of hand. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I also apologize for my horrible attempt at explaining the many things that go on in this house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yukioma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yukioma (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Minimom: Mm, I could see how it would become such. I will do my best.

Dan: I have attempted to re-create what happened that night several times.
I believe if I was to fully concentrate, I may be able to become successful in my pursuit. I will take your advice and continue attempting to harness this ability in the event I need it in the future.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write. I appreciate it.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Yukiomo: Great accounts, as you have mentioned you are spiritually open minded like your Mother and Grandmother, it is great that you can relate to them, a lot of people don't have that oppurtunity and find it extremely difficult to face these things.
As you previously mentioned in your story you were projecting light enveloping the room, this I believe is something you should keep practicing when you feel threatened or you gut instinct is saying something is not right here!.
You are still young, and in time you will be able to deal with these occurences without a second thought I believe! All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
minimom (50 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
After a while it becomes almost commonplace, but I've had about 40 more years practice. Lol

Just make sure you protect yourself.
Yukioma (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Moongrim: It IS very often that things like this occur in my family.
Because of this, they have learned to laugh things off and turn the conversation to something else. I have spoken with both my grandmother and my mother, who both have no words for me other than to share what happened to them in various areas of their lives. All in all, I guess I posted this more out of curiosity of other peoples' views than anything.
I do understand where you are coming from, however, and will continue to attempt conversing with my family members. Thank you for commenting, I do appreciate your time.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Well you've mentioned that such occurences have become commonplace in your family- perhaps they've got better advice on how you could deal with it, than anything we've got to offer.
Yukioma (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Minimom: Ah, no, I promise you I am indeed the age stated on my profile. -Laughs-

I'm glad to hear that it should get easier to handle as time goes on. We may be moving at some point, and moving from my "normal" assortment of happenings to a place unknown does not amuse me. Your comment makes the thought of facing other entities in my life a tad less daunting. Thank you very much for your feedback, I truly appreciate it.
minimom (50 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Quite the story!

I feel that you're much older than your stated age. I've known well educated adults that don't have your command of the English language. This leads me to question as to whether you are an old soul or just fudging your age. In any event, you're well written account is quite the collection of events.

Being a sensitive runs in our family as well. It's unnerving at times but eventually you'll get a handle on it. It's good that you're surrounded by people who understand what you're experiencing and are supportive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: