You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: New House New Troubles

Real Ghost Stories

New House New Troubles

 

If you had the opportunity to read about my previous story, then you know that my experiences with the paranormal began in 2005. With all that had taken place in at my Bentalou street address, you would have believed that I would be prepared for all of what was to come in our Fulton Avenue home.

I did not sense anything unusual about the house when I went to view it for the first time. In fact, it was love at first sight! You could not even compare this place to the house on Bentalou Street fairly. It is one of the rehabilitated row houses which is a part of the many projects going on here in Baltimore. It is a huge three story, two fireplaces, two and a half bath, and bedrooms large enough to make your own mini apartment. I was sold! The extra room made it easy to move in two more of my siblings so that we could split the $1800 a month rent. We set the moving date, and were all excited.

Unlike the house I moved from, I was very comfortable being in the huge place alone. The feelings of being watched were finally over. I also appreciated that my stackable washer and dryer was located outside of the second floor bathroom. No more going into the basement for me!

For the first few weeks, things seemed normal until Alaya (my oldest daughter) asked me matter of factly, "Ma, can ghost follow you?" I told her that I did not think so. (I was being a mother who did not want to scare her child... I had read that in some cases it is possible). I asked her why did she want to know, and she answered, "because I still see the man in the red shirt." Of course, this did not sit well with me. I then asked if she thought that she was only dreaming about him, but she was adament that she knew that she was not asleep. She went on to explain that he no longer talks to her, but only stands there in the dark staring at her. She also revealed that although she was not afraid of him before, she was becoming scared of his presence in the new house. I then asked if she still saw the little boy, but she had not.

After our conversation, Alays began to dread going to bed. It was often that I'd wake up beause she'd slid in bed with me. Seeing that she'd become so afraid, I knew that something had to have been going on. One night, instead of making more room for her, I turned on my light and decided to talk to her again about it. The first thing that I'd asked her was why would she be scared then when she had not been before. At first, she said that she just did not want to talk about it. After trying to urge her some more, she finally snapped and said, "If I tell you, something bad is going to happen! I don't want to about it!" Seeing her react this way, I decided to wait until the next day to bring it up again.

The next day, as I was cooking, I asked her the same question. She walked out of the kitchen. When she returned, she handed me a note that said, "I will tell you outside."

Immediately, I took her hand, and we were out the door. Once on the street corner, she told me that she does not think the man in the red shirt likes them anymore, especially Taylor (my youngest daughter). I asked if it was because he did not talk to her anymore, but she corrected me. She said that he did talk to her again, but he is always telling her to hurt Taylor while she was asleep. She added that the night she woke Taylor up to come with her to my room to sleep was because he said that if she did not hurt her, then he would. I became sick to my stomach. She went on to say that we could not talk about him in the house because he threatened to hurt her if she told anyone about him again. After throughly speaking with Alaya, I gathered that he would call Taylor many explicit names and attempted to convince Alaya that Taylor should not live. I was becoming sicker.

With this, I ended up with my children sharing the room with me like we had on Bentalou Street.

Two mornings after this conversation, it was safe to say that John, (my brother) was now the new target. Only, he did not see the man in the red shirt that Alaya had described. John said that just before getting ready for work, he was sitting on his bed watching the news. He said that out of nowhere, he saw a tall, black figure standing in the corner of his room. He said that it seemed to float a bit, and unlike his previous experience, he was able to not only run, but yell. Since this happened while he was home alone, he called our father to come pick him up. With this information, I decided to walk through the house and recite scriptures of the Bible that a friend referred to me. Things seemed to go away for a week. The kids returned to their rooms, and things were starting to feel normal again.

After a week or two, we would all began to notice things missing in the house, and we all had that glimpse of someone from the corner of our eyes, but the evil seemed to be gone. At least we thought so. I did not put any of the following together back then, but I am convinced that the house played a major role for what was to come. My sister, Lisa had just stopped drinking alcohol when she'd moved in with us. Slowly, she fell back into alcoholism which caused many fights and arguments in the house. So much so, that we ended up putting her out. It was too much for the kids to see. As the alcoholism came back, she would intentionally not pay her end of the bills. She would laugh and taunt us when the subject was brought up, and I mean, the laugh was really menancing. With bills having to be covered, it in turn turned us all against one another. My brothers, sisters, and I have never fought the way we were then. I can remember having a wonderful day at work, only to come home and become immediately angry without a real source. (I would love to credit the house for the break up of my then boyfriend and I, but it turns out that he is just a butthole naturally. Lol)

John and I had one of those brother and sister relationships that many idolized. We were so close, that when we began dating people, we informed them that if they were not approved by the other, then there was no future. Soon enough, John met who is now his wife. She and I initially hit it off, but slowly, she and I would bump heads. Unlike before, John would side with her instead of me which would have been fine, if he had not become violent. Even as kids, John had never once even threatened to hit me, but all of a sudden his rage went over the edge. One particular occassion, he picked me up and threw me into a wall just before leaving a dent of fist in the front door of the house. By this point, both John and Lisa was out of the house. Finances were getting out of control, and I was left with my brother Todd who picked up what he could since his finances were not all that great.

With those two gone, Alaya became the focus again. The man in the red shirt changed form before her eyes one night. She described the same tall, black, floaty thing my brother John had seen. This was told to me after one night where she screamed, yelled, cried, and pleaded to not go to bed. She started to spill everything out all at once. This is where it all got weird... On Bentalou Street, we had a pet cat named Butters. She was given to us by a friend when she was just a kitten, and she was definetly a part of the family. We often joked that she was "institutionalized" because she would never leave the house. So many times we would take her out and sit her on the sidewalk, only for her to sprint back into the house. She seemed so scared of outside that it was strange that she ran away when I'd left the front door open just before we moved. Months before getting Butters, we had three parakeets which were kept in the kids room. They all died days a part, and we never thought it to be strange. Well... Alaya revealed that she did not want to die like her pets. She said that this thing told her that if she did not hurt Taylor, he would do to Taylor like he did her pets on Bentalou Street. He apparantly told her that Butters did not run away, and that he'd killed her, and that he'd killed the birds too. She was petrified, and shook so hard as she told me this. She believed that he did those things. A part of me believed it, because after Butters "ran away" no one had seen her in the neighborhood ever again. She was strictly a house cat, and there was never a real explanation regarding the deaths of the parakeets.

Once again, the kids and I used prayer to get rid of things. Mikey and Taylor never once saw anything, but was scared after hearing everything that Alaya had to say. There was only a couple of months before the lease was up, and I began looking for another place. I was not sure that the quiet would stay that way for too long. Since the place I was approved for was not ready, I ended up having to move much of my belongings into storage so that I could stay at my mother's for a month while they put the finishing touches on my new house. The last week there, the kids were supposed to stay at their dad's but for reasons beyond his control, they had to come back early. By that time, I'd moved my bed into the kids room so that I could vacuum my room for the last time. I decided to stay in that room that night instead of moving everything back. Once I got the word that the kids would be coming back, I set their beds next to mine. When they got there, they thought it would be fun to switch rooms on the last night, so we moved their beds into my room.

Later that night, I woke up to find right before my eyes the tall, black, floaty thing that Alaya and John described to me. I sat up, and stared at it, not sure if I was really seeing it or not. It backed away towards the door which I still don't know why it was opened, then left. I watched it travel down the hall toward my room. I leaped up, and followed behind it. Once I got in there, Alaya sat straight up. The black thing was gone. She started to shake when she saw me standing at the door. She got off the bed and said, "Did you see him?" I told her yes. I asked her how did she know, and she said, "'Cause everytime he comes, I wake up like that."

We have had not one experience after leaving that house. I'm not sure what to make of it. I have read that most demons do follow. We did have this house blessed before moving one box into this place, and the relationships with my siblings are now back to normal. Alaya walked through here and gave me the go ahead because she did not feel or see anything. I am beginning to believe that she can see more than most because since my uncles death last year, she is the only one who sees him at my mother's house. I don't bring it up to her, but I think she is really prone to seeing and feeling things. Could someone tell me if what we were dealing with could have been a demon, and if so, is it likely to return at any given time? Could my brother be the one who allowed a demon in, since I have found out that he is an atheist?

Other hauntings by dwyoung77

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dwyoung77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dwyoung77 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Girlie: Thank you, and she does tell me what she sees outside of this house. To date, she has seen the principle of her school, my uncle, and grandparents. I love the fact that she can see them and that she's not afraid of them.
Wow,Rook. I am certainly going to do this. I have always been told that people can bring negative energy into your home, even if not on purpose. Thanks once again for your advice. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
dwyoung77,

Being 'Proactive' is never a bad thing. The method I have offered works against 'Negative/Malevolent' Spirits and Energy, not 'Positive/Protective' Spirits/Energy. So go ahead and use it... Friends may begin to tell you how 'pleasant and relaxing' or how 'peaceful' your home feels. Do not be alarmed if people begin to find you home 'hard to find' or maybe some will be 'unwilling to enter'. All this means is that there is something 'Negative' happening in their lives and the 'Shield' is at work keeping that 'Negative Energy' out of your home. It does not mean they mean you and your Family any 'ill will'... Just that they have some Negative Energy 'attached' to them. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
I not sure what to make of the black thing, but I can let you know that your brother being a atheist, as nothing to do with bring demons in somewhere. My best friend is one and as never had anything evil come at her or her family. I am happy that ya'll may have finally gotten rid of the man, and i'm sorry that he (I guess) turned evil. Your daughter sounds like she can see some of the "beyond", I would get her to keep it up, if possible. Unless it really scares her too much. But anyway, it would be pretty cool for your daughter to tell you if someone "else" is if you guys.

GIRLIE ❤
dwyoung77 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Rook: Thank you very much. Should I use this ritual anyway, although nothing has been present in this new house? I am asking because Alaya is fine as long as the spirits are not "mean to her." She really does not mind seeing my uncle or my grandmom, but we are both afraid of the ones we experienced on Fulton Avenue.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
dwyoung77,

I'm am sorry you had to go through all of that and I'm glad that you report your new home 'free from activity'. Many many times it's our children who are able to see the 'spirits/entities' because they are still close to the 'veil' (a word used to describe the 'boundary' between the spirit world and the physical world). This is due to their age... Not anything to be alarmed about.

Cecil04 has said some interesting things and I find myself agreeing with them. This 'Man in the Red Shirt' sounds as if it was a Malevolent Spirit who was 'manipulating' the atmosphere in your home to provide itself with an environmental of 'Stress and Strife' that suited it's 'needs/nature'.

Feel free to use the Cleansing and Shielding Method cecil04 mentioned... I 'published' it so that it could be used...It's one I use for my Home and Family. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, either here or contact me via my e-mail address on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
dwyoung77 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Cecil04: Thanks you for comment. The really bad activity did begin on Fulton Avenuue, but our experiences started on Bentalou Street. I am still not sure if the man in the red shirt was still the same person that she'd saw, or if something more evil only presented himself that way because she was once comfortable with him. After changing from that man into the dark figure, she never saw the man in red shirt again. Pretty strange.

Isandhu: Thanks for your comment. I really don't blame my brother. It is something he suggested as a reason, so I put it out there to see if it was possible. He said the he read somewhere on the internet that it sometimes could open doors. He is really a nice and sweet person, so I don't believe he is evil. The only time his personality was out of hand was while he lived there. He's himself again now. I agree with you that the pets were used to scare Alaya, and I told her this also. (I still felt it was strange that no one ever saw Butters again...lol) I do support Alaya, but don't find it necessary to bring up what happened at that house because even now, she gets upset by it. I am really happy that she saw my uncle. She did confirm that he is happy and still looks after us all! I do however, need to control my fears should something like this happen again.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I wouldn't blame your brother, just because he's an athiest. Lot's of people are, or say they are, athiests, and it doesn't always mean the same thing. Whatever this thing is (or was), there's no evidence that it's actually hurt anything. It could be lying about the pets just to scare you. Budgies don't live all that long and if they've been together a long time it wouldn't be unusual for them to die close in time to each other. Cats are next to impossible to predict and disappear all the time. Hopefully, it will never come back (the floaty black thing, not the cat). If it does, try to control your fear and seek professional help from a spiritual advisor or reputable medium. As for your daughter, I think it will help her if you are open-minded and supportive should she continue to experience the paranormal.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
[at] dwyoung77:
Wow, what an astonishing story, thanks for sharing!
It captured me from the beginning because i've also had (and i'm still having) "issues" about moving from one house to another.

Please let me tell you about my opinion:
Yes, spirits can and will follow you, if they have a reason to do so.
I don't think that there is something like "demons" - in my belief there are benevolent spirits and malevolent spirits, nothing more. Both of them can follow you if they wish!
Your brother's atheism (like any other belief) is surely not the reason for all those happenings; I highly disagree that atheism - or any other belief despite maybe satanism - is purely negative or attracts spirits more or less than other beliefs do!

I personally am an agnostic (tending to atheism) and "we" have no intrinsic negativity around us or something - it's just that we have a different belief system than christians, moslems, hindus, and so on.

Having that said and calling the fact back to mind that your daughter said the red-tshirt-man stated "like I did in the old house" (killing the pets) makes me believe that he actually did follow you to the new house and he already has been there in Bentalou Street.

As I understand from your account (sorry I didn't read your previous stories yet), most of the "action" began on Fulton Avenue, am I right?
This gives me the opinion, that this "red shirt man" must have had some reason to be worried/angry/discomfortable about you all moving out - in fact it must have made him/it VERY angry because threatening with death/killing and trying to make people harm each other is not really a thing to make fun of!
Especially children are very easy to be influenced, so that "guy" surely has highly negative intentions towards you!

I would definitely see that as an unacceptable threat and I would take radical countermeasures against it!

What I also read between the lines of your story is that you never really "stood up" against that figure/entity/spirit - I have the feeling that you mostly were afraid of it or you tried blocking it out.

What really helps is standing up in a straight way and telling to the spirit in a loud an clear voice "get the f*** out of here NOW, we don't accept you here and we don't want you here!" (refer to the bible as well! It can only help for you!)

Nevertheless, you say since you moved again there were no more occurances!
That is very good and I hope for you all that it's over now!

However, if it is not over and if it will return again, may I suggest a very good cleansing ritual to you which is somehow common knowledge here on the site and which originates from rookdygin!

Hoping that rook will be okay with it, i'd like to copy-paste it for you:

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

Rook's technique is kindof "religion free" lol, so it will work for you pretty well! (it did for me)

I hope my response was of any help for you and I wish you all the very best for your home and your family!
❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: