You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Car Troubles

Real Ghost Stories

Car Troubles

 

I just remembered this incident. Those who has read "Here When I'm Needed" is familiar with my late ex Derek. This is another one his little happenings. Derek passed away on a very dark winding road. The road has 2 lanes and is surrounded by trees. During the day it's very peaceful to drive down, but at night time it is extremely dark. On a nice night you will have the moon as a night light. It must have been a few days after his passing. I can't remember if this was before or after his burial, I actually think it may have been the day of. This happened in 2008.

I am very close with his family and friends. His mother gave me full charge of his entire funeral service, where he was to be buried, what clothes, tombstone, everything. She said I knew him best and he would be happy with whatever I chose. This has got to be one of the biggest gifts anyone could have given me. Not only did I want to, but also the fact that his mother could trust me with something so big, I could never thank her enough.

It was about 9 P.M. And I'm sitting at Tim Horton's with his best friend (Jonas). This Timmie's was 5 minutes away from his crash site (I called it "the site"). Something you should understand is during these times, I was always either at the site or the graveyard. Jonas and I were just sitting together, barely talking, when Derek's cousin called me saying that they were at the site but their car won't start. His cousin was saying "You gotta come here, I think it's Derek, I don't he wants us to leave!"- this cousin was a bit scared of ghosts so I know he meant it. Considering how much Jonas and I missed Derek and being only 5 minutes away, we headed to the site right away. So we got there, and there they were about 4 or 5 of them in a van, parked on the side of this scary dark road. We parked behind them and got out to see what's going on. Derek's cousin immediately told me that his car was fine until they stopped here. He said the lights work but can't start the car. Nobody was really in a panic because realistically we knew we could just tow him out or boost him. So instead of trying to help him right away, we all just got out of the cars and stood around and looked at the post that took Derek's life. We burnt some incense and put on music that Derek liked.

About 20 minutes later we decided it was time to go and boost his car so we can all go home... And what do you know?! It starts! We laughed and decided that Derek has had enough fun with us and decided to let his cousin go. So Jonas and I hop in his car and now it's our turn. I'm not kidding, Jonas' car would not start! Now we are getting a little nervous because it is seriously dark on this road. His cousin took this opportunity to say "See?! I told you! It's Derek! He's lonely!" During this I felt mixed emotions. Scared a little due to the darkness factor, but also kind of happy to be getting signs from him. As soon as cousin's car started, that was enough for me to believe it was Derek, but now that our's didn't, I was 100% sure. Jonas started to nervous giggle and say "oh my god, this is crazy!". I believed that our car was going to start in a few minutes, I believed Derek just wanted us there a bit longer. I started to pray to him in my head saying, "okay, we came and I know it's you but we are getting a bit freaked out. So please let the car work and I'll see you at home". I kid you not, literally after a couple of minutes the car worked and we all left.

Jonas and I was really happy we went there and still talk about it today when we get together.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
Thank you from the bottom of my heart Beaglemom. I do check back here and there. I love looking for new comments. Hmmm I think ygs needs notifications soon. I have since moved on from Derek but he will of course always be around to lend me a helping hand I believe.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
I sincerely doubt that after 2 years you would look back at these posts. If, perchance, you do. I wanted to wish you well in your life after Derek's passing. The very fact that his relatives reached out to him by going to the Site speaks volumes of his character and love that he obviously gave freely to those who were part of his life. I pray you have been able to knit your life back together. It is the most difficult thing in the world to do. Your telling was beautiful, you presented it in a way that will stick with me for a long time. That is what life and love is all about. God Bless!

❤ Mother of Beagles
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Revajane - I wish you all the best. And I can't wait for the day you tell me that you got your closure ❤
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Notjustme - I think it was around thanksgiving it was after I started my little daily routine in the mirror. It was not as bad as the last few but haven't seen or felt since. I'm not sure if we are "there" yet but feel I will know when we are.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Revajane - Yes, at the time of Derek's death, P.S. I Love You came out, bawled my eyes out watching it. It was truly life changing. When was the last time you "saw" him?
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
OMG! That was fascinating. I lost my husband to a car accident and frankly always wished I could have talked to him. I wanted to ask questions I had/still have.

Ghost came out around the same time and although I loved that movie I couldn't watch it more than once or twice in 20+ years. Simply because I wanted the same thing.

I'm glad you had the opportunity.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
If you used the "contact" link, the message goes straight to the administrator's inbox. Sometimes he gets pretty tied up, so I hope you get the answer you need quickly.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
BJJ - thanks for the lovely comments. By the way I have emailed YGS regarding something, I hope one of the mods will get it soon. Please email me back if there are any questions. Thank you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Notjustme, I don't know what to say about this experience. I had tears in my eyes by the end. It's such a beautiful, amazing, and incredible thing to have happened. Yeah, I definitely believe it was Derek. Life may be cut short, but love is eternal. He's proved that so many ways.

(Off topic. I wish I could say we had prepped for the holiday. It was really just a matter of us finally finding some time to edit.)
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
I wanted to thank the MODS for taking their time out of their busy lives to edit stories so that we have so many to read today. I have noticed we got lots the last couple of days. You guys must have been prepping for Halloween🤔

Along with many others, it is greatly appreciated. ❤
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Happy Halloween, Notjustme <3

All the very best wishes to you.
Trio (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Notjustme - this is so sweet! I wonder if he was trying to tell you something. Was there speculation about what caused the accident? Is it possible that he wanted to indicate that his car malfunctioned somehow? Either way, I would say he was definitely there with you guys that night.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
notjustme,
I thought I had commented on your story - apparently not. Personally, I can think of several reasons a car that was running a moment ago might refuse to start. However, when you add in a second car? The odds of that are surely astronomical.
Thank you for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Thank you readers for your time and compassion. It is amazing how much Derek has taught me while he was alive, and even more amazing how much more he taught me in the afterlife.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
notjustme- Isn't incredible how they can do what they do. I believe he knew what to do to see you there that dark night. Maybe you were able to bring some light to his dark night.

Thanks for sharing this one and all the others as well.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
This is sweet.
Thank you very much for sharing this experience and I am sorry for your loss. I think it's amazing and bittersweet that he was making sure everyone knew he was there.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
It was a beautiful emotional experience you have shared with us notjustme. May his soul rest in peace.

With all best wishes to him & thanks to you.

Sushant

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: