You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Between 11pm And 3am

Real Ghost Stories

Between 11pm And 3am

 

I live in a rural area of Ohio called Hopedale and we rent a two-story house from a very elderly couple who also own a funeral home next door. I do not know if the events I am about to describe has anything to do with our house neighboring a funeral home, but I need some insight, and maybe even some advice on what to do. Note also that I have never believed in ghosts, or the paranormal, up until last month.

Okay, so ever since we moved in last month, we have been having a lot of electrical issues here in the house, for example, the downstairs bathroom lights blew one night, and the landlord fixed it, but blamed us for it. He says, "This house has been electrically solid for 40 years, until you guys moved in." So I brushed it off, and figured well, maybe we did do something to cause a short in the wiring.

A couple weeks went by, nothing out of the ordinary, until one night, around 1 AM, I awoke sweating profusely from a very strange nightmare where I died in a car accident. I looked over and my fiancé was sound asleep. So I decided not to wake her, and I figured I'd tell her the next morning. I did tell her about the nightmare, and she said that she had a similar dream the night before. Instead, it was a bus accident in her dream.

So, we both shrugged it off as being absolutely coincidental and went about our normal everyday lives until the night of Nov 23, 2011, when we both were awoken by children's laughter coming from downstairs around 2:30 am. We sleep upstairs, and our 1 year old daughter sleeps in her room across from us in her crib. When we woke up and heard the children's laughter, I immediately thought it was my daughter laughing in her crib, so my fiancé and I went into Bailey's room to check on her, and as soon as we got up to see if it was her, the laughter stopped. We still decided to check on her, only to find her sound asleep.

Later that same morning, around 10 am, we came downstairs and found all of Bailey's toys thrown out all over the floor as if kids were playing with them the night before. My fiancé asked me if I did this as a joke, (cause I am a prankster) but honestly I did not, and of course she did not believe me, but I swear to you, I have no idea how Bailey's toys ended up all over the floor, especially since we always put them away, in her toy box before we go to bed. It's got me creeped out to the point where I am thinking about moving us somewhere else.

Any ideas help or suggestions would be great.

Other hauntings by NightFear21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightFear21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
That is scary, especially those dreams! I wouldn't worry too much about the childrens laughter. As for the dreams I can't really think of any reason other than if something is there it could be trying to scare you off. But I really do since you KNOW there is a funeral home next door honestly it doesn't really help! I'd say don't focus on the home next door, relax and do your thing, if things heat up then I'd worry about doing something about it.

In the meantime be safe! ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
NightFear21: I just read the previous comments and would have agreed with what has been mentioned already. Now from your update on events things seem a little differant, the idea of wandering spirits from the funeral home is something to consider, they could just be passing through or some may very well be attracted to your daughter eg: other children, mothers, etc. A blessing and cleansing of the home may work, also even just talking out aloud with force and also respect they may listen and co-operate peacefully with you. Please keep us updated. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Devils-Daughter (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Thats Really creepy I think you should set up cameras in different area in your house and see if that helps sori its the best I can think of right now 😕 😕 😕
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
In re-reading your story, NightFear, it occurred to me that electrical issues seem to be common in the fall, for some reason. I manage a small business and we have electrical issues - light bulbs going, etc. - every fall and spring. The other thing I thought of was finding out whether the occurrences you described were coming at times when there was recent activity at the funeral home. I'm looking for a pattern between the things you experiences and some stage of the mortuary to funeral process. Just a thought...
justx (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
I feel that these spirits are from the funeral home and not your rental place. Should talk to the landlord about these issue and ask histories of house and if renters before you have similar issues. I would never rent next to, behind or infront of a funeral home. Spirits can wander into your home
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
ngute80

No offence taken at all. I think, though, that you have misunderstood. I don't mean "imaginary" in the literal sense.

I'm speaking from the point of view of a mother whose child had not one but two "imaginary" friends. I only ever heard her side of the conversations but they were very often very deep and meaningful. Sometimes the conversations were even prophetic but I can't go into that in someone else's story. Suffice it to say that I don't believe they were "imaginary' at all.

If you take a second look at the OP's story, you will find that it wasn't actually Bailey who screamed but the one of the spirits mimicking her.

With respect
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Sorry Vanessanda that I spelled your name wrong. I'm very tired 😉
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
LVanessanda-
I don't think its an "imaginary " friend. The op posted an update, and stated that whatever "it" is caused his daughter to scream a terrifying scream and slammed the door in his and his wifes face.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
NightFear,

Please ingnore the last part of my comment... Morning Glory... Was someone mentioned in another experience and I 'Copied' a bit to much from my comments to place the Cleansing Method I sugested for you. Sorry About that.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
NightFear21

Is it possible that these spirits are Bailey's future "Imaginary" friends come to establish themselves in her life? They don't seem to mean her any harm. It would be interesting to put that to your fiance since she is a sensitive and find out how she feels about that idea as both a medium and the mother of the child.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
NightFear-
I was trying to give you a positive karma point but accidently clicked on the negative one. Sorry about that.
I always love to hear stories where skeptics turn into believers. You have come to the right place to get advice that might help you. At first the activities in your house seemed harmless, now it sounds like things may be taking a different turn. Some posters have great cleansing rituals you could try, or you could google how to do it yourself. Depending on your faith, you could also get a religious leader to help. Please keep us posted and good luck.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
NightFear,

Do not give up on the home just yet. This 'spirit' sounds as if it may be trying to 'establish' it's presence and dominance of what it thinks is 'it's' home (Which it may have been at one time).

It has done nothing that seems to be a threat towards your child, and everything seems directed towards your fiance and yourself. As far as 'how' it sounded like your Daughter... Spirits can be great mimics and will use this ability to fool us.

If it's intention was to disturb your daughter then it would be her cries that wake you up and cause you to run to her room. It could be that this spirit thinks you are not being 'watchful' enough and was letting you know just how it felt about that.

There are many ways to Protect/Cleans/Sheild ones home... Everything from 'Cold Iron' (Hang a horseshoe above every door in the home is one example of this) to Burning and Smudging with Sage. I'll offer a Method I use for my Family and my Home...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

As far as Morning Glory is concerned... Keep a Journal... See if your experiences with her 'add up' to anything and if so try an EVP session with a voice recorder and see what happens.

It may take more than doing this once for it to take 'hold' and this method is good for negative energies and entities only so if things continue to happen this spirit may not be 'negitive' in nature.

Please keep us updated and thanks for sharing this with us.
NightFear21 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Awesome comments and ideas. Thank you all for the input/advice. Argette, you are right, there has been recently a lot of stress in our lives caused by future inlaws, so I don't know if this could be feeding whatever paranormal things have been going on lately in a negative way.

But an update on what's been going on. I did some research and found out about the history of this house. To my surprise, I found nothing out of the ordinary paranormal wise about the particular house or the neighborhood. However, my fiance and I are both non-drinkers, non-drug users, and non-smokers. So I can tell you that there is no outside drug/alcohol influence that may be messing with our brains.

Last night, Nov 29th, 2011 it got worse. I got home from work around 9pm, and after me and my fiance put bailey to bed, we decided to stay up and watch tv. Everything was fine, until about 1 am, her and I were about to turn in for the night when we heard bailey screaming as if she was having a night terror. So we both ran upstairs as fast as we could to check on her, and as we approached her room, her door slammed on us, right in our face. Now I was scared to death, but my fatherly instinct kicked in, and I mustered up enough balls to open the door, only to find bailey still sleeping in her crib, just as we had laid her down almost 2 1/2 hours before.

We both were crying and she said we need to get out of this house, so we spent the night at her parents house last night. What gets me though, is how did the entity, or whatever it was slam the door that loud, without waking bailey, AND how did it replicate baileys scream enough to fool us into thinking she was having a nightmare. Was it enticing us? Maybe trying to mock us? At first I thought maybe whatever it is, is harmeless, but now I'm having second thoughts. And that is coming from a used-to-be skeptic on the paranormal.

Not to sound like Paranormal activity, but I want to set up cameras in this house, but My fiance is strongly against doing this because she says it might piss it off even worse than what it might already be. And we don't even know what we're dealing with. My fiance has always been a "sensitive" or "medium", and up until now I always thought she was full of crap... Now I kiss up everyday...lol.
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Hi Buddy,

I believe this is something related to unnatural may now your are safe but it is always dangerious to be in touch with paraanormal entities. As you said you are on rent so try your best and change your house at earliest. If you will make more time in move and they like your daughter then it would be difficult for you to make a move. So better don't take risk and do the needfull.
Best luck...
owensnee1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Your landlord sounds like Mr. Roper. Who says something like that? Really good story though.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
The nightmares suggest stress to me. I'm no dream analyst, but I have had my share of nightmares, especially when I'm worried about something or have too much on my plate.

I often wonder if the mind can play tricks on us when we are under stress.

At any rate, I'd be interested in hearing more from you in a few weeks so I hope you will keep in touch. NightFear.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
A blown out light, a couple of bad dreams, and some scattered toys with a mysterious childs giggle; for this you're ready to move out?

Dealing with a problem ghost:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
interesting post nightfear21 thanks for sharing.
Now from what your saying you heard the childish laughter during the night and the next morning the toys are out, it sounds like you have spirit children in your home of just passing through.
Personaly I don't think you will have to move, you could try talking to them (if they return) and let them know that ok you know they are there, its ok to play with the toys but keep tings tidy and the noise down, like any parent would with living kids who are playing in the house.
Also like scorp2011 says look up the house history and see what you might find, but like you mention in the start of this they might be popping in from the funeral home next door.
But like I say I don't think you will have to leave but talk to them. It should help
All the best
Carl
Scorp2011 (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
NightFear21--I had to smile at your crabby old landlord, but in the situation, no other conclusion applies but that you have some type of paranormal activity. The previous poster's reason may well be why.
While you're deciding whether or not to move, you might make some local inquiries about the history of the place. Your young daughter's future is a primary consideration, naturally. It's quite possible she'll have visits from the ghost-children. No immediate need to rush to judgment, but it's a matter with serious and definite consequences.
Best of guidance. ~ James
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Reading this, I get the feeling that there's nothing sinister going on. Seems to me that you may just have the sprits of a child/children who want to play. They may see you and your partner as people they are comfortable with, because you're good parents to your child. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: