You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Grey Suit

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Grey Suit

 

I actually feel silly as I'm writing this but I just have to know!

I personally have not seen spirits or ghosts and judging from the posts that I've been reading I think I may have experienced one or two (or more) encounters with them. However I am posting this because of my mother.

Half of my family can see ghosts/spirits and my mother happens to be one of our family members that can see and feel them, not as strongly as our other family members though, anyhow let me tell you the story...

We moved to Benoni a few years ago and a couple of months afterwards my mother started seeing a man in a grey suit wandering around the house. This man has no head so she can't even describe to me what he looks like or if he's even one of our family members that may have passed away, but has the same grey suit on each time. I've tried to look up on history on our house but I haven't found anything or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

He doesn't make contact with my mom and hasn't tried to hurt her and she doesn't feel frightened or threatened when she sees him, he simply wanders in and out and around the house or simply stands in a corner of the garden, let's my mom see him and then he disappears.

My mom reckons he's either here to protect her or to warn her that something bad is going to happen? She does not see him everyday. She sees him about once every 2 months.

Is that what he is or is he just a soul that's wandering around in a house that was once his?

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RobZi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
[at] notjustme Thank you very much for that interesting explanation and opinion. I was curious because deceased ones can still visit you even after they were gone for years and that's why I think they have some sort of will and portal to enter the living world at times. And who knows what is there behind the light, right?

For my 2nd question, I intended to write roaming not residual but I can't edit my sentence. I copy pasted it from my other comment but forgot to change the 'residual' to roaming because I have read stories where spirits are seen on street, around the house, at clearings, etc.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
"The lone tree and the ghost with a message" is a story I have saved in my favourites. This story opened up my mind to a few things. Anyone interested in the topic of Jeuna's questions, this might help understand some new things. 😊

And thanks robZi for giving me permission to use your thread to answer those questions
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
To answer Jeuna's questions; (all my own personal beliefs)

1. I truly believe spirits can cross over and still remain here to help those in need. I used to dream of my ex when he first died and he didn't know he was gone. That's when he would come to me, and we would always be in his house. Then as time went by, the dreams turned different. We didn't speak any more with our mouths, he would speak to me through feelings and mind. I would feel his "peace". He also met me in places I have never been before. It was different than the first year of dreaming of him after he died.

2. I believe when a spirit cannot pass over is really due to their own fear. I believe "heaven" and "hell" is what we imagine it to be, so it is different for everyone. I have read stories here that has made me come to these conclusions. When the "light" approaches, the spirit can choose to go or stay. Some choose to stay because they are afraid of what's on the other side. They are fearful of what they did while they were alive and does not dare to find out what's on the other side. Therefore, they become stuck here as an earth-bound spirit. Some choose to stay simply just because they have unfinished business, or has chosen to stay to watch over loved ones, but I believe they can still cross the light and do that.

Hope this tickles your mind lol please don't forget this is all my own beliefs ❤
RobZi (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Hi All! Sorry for the late responses but I didn't receive any notifications about comments:/

[at] lady-glow, unfortunately non of my family live close enough for them to see him (We live in JHB and they live in Cape Town) I have no idea who the previous owner (s) was/were, where do I even start to look for them? Also, if my mom does help him to cross over will this not make him angry or aggravate him in some way? I don't want her to get hurt:/ and he seems to love his grey suit!Hahaha

[at] darklord, I haven't asked any of my fam about that so I will def look into that, Thanks 😁

[at] notjustme, my mother use to freak out but now it's become part of the norm haha.

[at] JeunaBella, those are pretty interesting questions! Please anyone feel free to answer lol
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
Lady-glow you are quite humorous.:-D It would froze me to death IF he would constantly changing his apparel.

Now I've seen quite handful suggestion about crossing over, I have a couple of question.
1) Was it possible the spirit thas has crossed over return to the normal human world (using portal, etc.)?

2) What happens if a spirit cannot cross over due to something holding it back/unfinished business etc.? They become residual spirit?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
i agree with lady- glow, maybe your mom can help him cross the light? Maybe he thinks she can help. Your mom is either very ammune or very brave! Lol if I saw a headless guy roaming around I would freak out 😨
dark_lord12 (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
RobZi: He might just be some distant relative of your who passed away about whom your famly is not aware of and maybe just wants to make his presence felt... But great choice of dresing I must say
😜
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
RobZi: Do you know if the previous owners of the house used to see this headless ghost?
Have any of the other members of your family with stronger sensibility seen the apparition and tried to talk to him?
I would think that he is a previous inhabitant of the place and means no harm, perhaps is time to help him crossing over.
"... But has the same grey suit on each time..." - I'm glad to know he doesn't come with a ghostly wardrobe! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: