You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Spirits Paralysing My Body

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Paralysing My Body

 

This has happened to me about 4 times now. The first time was when I was about 4 years old. I woke up to my body feeling restrained and tied down, I couldn't move at all. I went to scream for my parents but I couldnt. I never really thought about it while I have grown up because I thought it was probably just a dream.

Last year, my friend woke me up in the middle of the night. I felt overly exhausted, like I had no energy at all. My friend had tears running down their face saying things about me drawing on myself and stuff. I ignored them and went back to sleep because I was so tired. The next morning I found loads of scribbles in pen all over my stomach.

The third time this happened was recently, about a month ago. I woke up early in the morning, and tried to fall back to sleep, my boyfriend was asleep next to me. I started to feel a weird feeling, like someone was in the room. I tried to relax myself then I started feeling tingly all over and all of a sudden I couldn't move, or speak or do anything except try and fight what ever was taking over my body out of it. I eventually got it out and layed quietly, and it started to happen again. My elbow was resting on my boyfriend and I started trying to dig it into him, with all my strength, to wake him up, he didn't move atall. And again, I eventually fighted it out of me.

It happened for the fourth time this morning, but I heard my bedroom door open and close, which was weird because my boyfriend didn't see or hear it close and he was awake at the time. I felt the weird tingly feeling again, but this time, when I felt this spirit/demon or whatever it was going inside my body, I heard a young girls ghostly voice whisper 'hello'. The weird thing was I heard it in my head, not in the room. As I couldn't move or speak, I started breathing really heavily so my boyfriend would know something was happening. He shook me and I felt the spirit leave straight away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anoncookies, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Unbothered1986 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
Although this was posted 4 years ago I can't help but to think about the very same experience happening to me this morning. I'm 8 months pregnant and it really frightened me. I heard the door open and close, I felt something enter my body giving me chills all the way through. I was awake, but I was very aware that my eyes couldn't open. I was about to panick, but I just laid there and felt when it left my body. I remember being 15 and having a similar experience where I attempted to wake up but felt like something was holding me down. I pinched my nephew who was laying in bed beside me and he jumped and it woke me up... But this experience was far more eerie. Is it really this sleep paralysis that everyone is speaking of or is it something paranormal going on here? 😢
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
"This might help you. It's called the Michael Invocation and it removes negative entities from around us... And fixes situations such as you have described, and has done so very successfully over the past 15 years." -- AmaNazra

While this may help to get rid of negative entities, it doesn't sound as if this girl is negative. She specifically said she didn't want to harm or hurt, just talk.
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to talk.
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
It's been a long time since I have had one of these episodes, you are not alone. Stay strong even though they tend to rattle nerves. Also, if you get a chance read my story about "The odd events" we have somethings in common... Take care & stay blessed.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
I don't know if its sleep paralysis or not. Following has helped me with sleep paralysis: a) Try moving one of the toes during the sleep paralysis b) Sleeping on my side c) trying to relax consciously during sleep paralysis.
If its not sleep paralysis, asking for protection from divine/God/Angels help. Know that no spirits can take charge when you are mentally strong - its only the moments of fear/stress/depression that helps them. If you are successful in being positive (Its not easy for me either) and happy, you won't be susceptible to such attacks. All the best!
AmaNazra (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Hello Anoncookies.

This might help you. It's called the Michael Invocation and it removes negative entities from around us... And fixes situations such as you have described, and has done so very successfully over the past 15 years.

Http://www.victorianparanormalconnection.com.au/MichaelInvocation.html

That's one of my webpages, and you can check out who I am from that page.

I have been a working Spirit Rescuer (ghostbuster) and demonologist for over 27 years.

Love & Peace
Ama Nazra
Anoncookies (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
I don't mean to sound rude proving all these comments wrong, but the night of the last 'attack' my uncle was sat in my living room alone, he didn't know of what happened to me that morning.
He saw a pillow fall over on the other sofa in the corner of his eye. He turnt round and there was a little girl sat there, she said to him "i don't want to scare her, I don't want to hurt her, I just want to talk to her".
A bit strange considering I heard a young girls voice that morning... Explain?
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Hey, I agree with the comments below, this does sound like sleep paralysis.
Symptoms: the inability to move or speak or even scream, hallucinations (visual hallucinating, audio hallucinating as well the hallucinating the feeling of being touched) the feeling of people or shadows beside you, or even sitting in you, holding you down, chocking you.

Why does it happen: during rem sleep (rapid eye movement) is when you dream, your body Shuts down almost all muscles to stop one from acting their dreams out in the bed.
People who sleep walk, talk or even drive, is when their body dosnt always shut down the muscles. So they are basically doing what they would be in their dreams:)
Sometimes it works too well and your muscles don't start up straight away after you sleep, this is what caused the paralysis.
Often, as rem sleep is the time of our dreaming, the dreams (although you are awake) leak through into what feels life reality.
The part of our brain that controlls our feelings, is already heightened by the rem sleep.

Almost everyone who experiences sleep paralysis have a scary time, being touched, yelled at, people in the room.
But it is completely normal, I myself have never had one (and although it may sound weird) I would like too, just once:)

If you want them to stop, if you believe they are emotionally and psychologically harming you, see your doctor and talk to a sleep expert

Hope everything get better

Oh and it can happen when waking up as well as when falling asleep:)
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
My siblings and I all experienced sleep paralysis when we were in our teens and early 20s. Now that I know how it works, I don't find it frightening. I do think it is entirely possibly that we are more prone to it when young, and also that we are so frightened by it, especially the first time, that we imagine all sorts of frights are accompanying it.

For me I felt something sit on the corner of my bed. Twice in one night. I wish I could explain that.
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
It sounds like sleep paralysis. Search it up. It happens a lot to me back when I was a teen. It used to scare me, still kind of do, but I know it's all in my mind. Sometimes during these paralysis, I can see things and hear things, most of the times it's really scary to see shadows and hear voices and footstep while you lay there paralyzed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: