You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: First Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

First Ghost Story

 

So as you can tell I'm new to this and I'm not a very good describer but I'll try.

My first experience didn't happen to me but I was still in the house. It was the night my grandfather died when I was 6 and my eldest brother decided to sleep with my Nan upstairs in the spare room. It had two beds in the room, the one closest to the door was where my nan slept my brother slept the closest to the window. In the middle of the night my brother woke up to my granddad giving one of his almighty tucks in and a goodnight from my grandfather and after saying goodnight turned to my nan for a kiss on the cheek. After this happened about a month later something else happened.

Whilst my grandfather was battling cancer we thought about getting him some helium balloons. After a month they were almost all deflated and almost touching the floor, but one day after helping my nan with her shopping the balloons started to float and spring to life again. Whilst floating they started moving around, missing out the opened front door and hovering up the spiral stair case (to the left of the front door) after moving from the stairs onto the landing it was still moving. It missed out about 4 rooms and was still moving towards my grandfathers/grandmothers room after entering the room it floated along the side of the bed and after it fell to the bed and they all burst. I'm curious about could it of been my grandfather

Also this isn't related but I've been getting these weird sensations of being watched and followed everywhere I go. I'm not sure if it is a ghost but any reasons why?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cupcake13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
I really got gripped in the story that I kept reading multiple of times. If you had another experience and describe it like this story, you can be a successful paranormal writer.

Well done once again.
😁 😊 😲
Cupcake13 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
[at] pinkparrot6202 unfortunately that is the last of that story. But there might possibly be more almost like it

[at] bossymum when my brother told me about that story I was quite like that at first I was suspicious but then I remembered that it could of possibly be true.

[at] DARKNESS it is very nerving it is a threatened feeling but also quiet a protecting feeling I'm not sure that makes sense and I'm always smelling quite a strong smell of aftershave so I think its obviously a man so there is a strong possibility it is my grandfather

[at] JCAbigbear I always thought it would never happen to other families its good to know that it has happened to others;)
JCAbigbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
My mother, who is very superstitious, says that when you feel that your being watched it can be two things. It can be a bad spirit or a relative checking up on you. I think it might be the latter in your case.

I also have a story kind of like yours. Shortly after my grandmother passing, I saw her appear in my parents room. (I was sleeping with my parents that night.) I told my dad about it in the morning. (it was his mother, my grandmother.) He brushed it off but a few days later he found that all of my uncles and aunties had a same experience that same night. So in short, I think the balloons floating around like that was your grandfather letting you he's still around.:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Wow indeed! If that isn't a sign I don't know what is! 😲 I think this is to let you know that he is still watching over you, I would feel very blessed to have experienced this. The feeling you get from being watched, do they unnerve you? I would assume so, but nothing frightning is happening right? I would assume this may also be your Grandfather, perhaps acknowledge the presence, say hello! Do you you pick up on any type of scents?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
wow! Something like this only happens in movies, yet things like this could really happen in reality. I believe it.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
This is a very cool story. I am looking forward to read more of this amazing story

Thanks 😁 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: