You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Over My Paralyzed Body

Real Ghost Stories

Over My Paralyzed Body

 

***I HAVE CHANGED THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE FOR PRIVACY REASONS! (names of deceased were kept same) ***

So, I travel around the world quite a bit; however, Bulgaria is my home country, the place I live. I don't have any siblings, not one, yet my family is still quite big without them.

A few years ago my grandma, Vivian, died due to a heart attack leaving the family house to my parents who always planned to move and completed their dreams by moving to Canada leaving the house to me and my husband, Anton. It was like a dream come true a huge house for just the two of us... Or so we thought. Weird things started to happen, thing like lights flickering, hearing footsteps at midnight and hearing weird noises, however we blamed these encounters on the house being old and creaky.

A few years after my parents left, around 3 years to be exact, Anton left to work in Greece as a historical architect. I was left in a huge house in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in the forest all by myself. As you can probably guess I wasn't the happiest lady in the world and didn't feel too safe though I went with it. It was okay I guess, not as bad as I thought it would be.

One night I woke up to a loud noise almost shouting in my ear. My brain was aware of the surroundings whereas my body was completely paralyzed. I could slightly move my head to be able to see the frame of my bed. I could see a figure standing with its back to me. I started to panic, I wanted to scream yet the words were locked in my mouth.

The figure started to turn just like a murder does right before he reveals himself and kills his victim. Weird thoughts were now running through my head, crazy ones, ones that that you would never be able to even stretch your brain as far to be able to think them. My thoughts went dead silent. I could finally see its face. It was different than I expected. I thought it would be scary, one that could attack me but instead it was a melancholy yet depressive one.

That's all I can remember from that night. I know you probably think that it all was a dream but it wasn't, I'm sure of it, nothing ever felt as real. More things have happened since then yet I will save those for another time. I don't really NEED help but if you have any to offer then please do, I would also love to hear about any of your "similar" encounters.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and please look out for any other stories that I'll be writing in the future as I have a few planned for then.

Other hauntings by lily122

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lily122, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Lily,
Enjoyed your story. I am in fact going to go with sleep paralysis.
You may know what it is but just in case. Your brain releases a chemical
When you go into REM sleep to keep you from moving about during sleep.
It is about the same thing a surgeon would give during an operation.
What is suppose to happen is it should wear off before you wake up.
Sometimes there is a misfire and you wake up before it wears off and you are left unable to move, or move very little. You will tend to see shadows in your side vision and have the feeling with absolute certainty that someone or something is in the room with you.
I have it happen to me about once a month. It doesn't scare me now because I am use to it and know what it is.
That said.
The first time it happened I was convinced I was dying. I was scared to death. Never have I ever been as frightened. I cannot convey to you with words how real everything seemed. At the time I was highly stressed as my 5 year old daughter was just ending treatment for leukemia and my wife had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. (both are fine now) but that is the level of stress I had at the time.
Please understand I am not in any way implying that what you experienced
Was not real and was sleep paralysis but I do want you to know just how real it can seem. I wish you the best and hope it doesn't happen again
But if it does, try and remain calm and see if that helps bring you out of it.
Thanks again for sharing
Randy
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Lily122 - Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. You will find MANY experiences on this site of people finding themselves paralysed, and sensing / seeing a presence. These are usually terrifying and there many theories as to what causes it.

Many dismiss it as "sleep paralysis" which to me, is simply a "scientific" and somewhat lazy, non-spiritual explanation of an effect spirits seem to be able to have over us in our sleep state.

This kind of thing happened to me and whilst it was scary, these low-level spirits usually seem to get their thrills just scaring the living crap out of us.

Take care and be positive.

Regards

Sam

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: