You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board, And The Room Got Bright

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board, And The Room Got Bright

 

Before I tell my story, I have to say that I am not a religious guy. I love to use my reason to explain things (And that doesn't mean, that religious people don't use their reason), to question everything and to find answers to these questions.

Nevertheless I am attracted to the supernatural, I've always liked to read stories about Ghosts and Vampires, and to watch movies about the supernatural. Although I don't believe in the supernatural, or, I try not to believe, there was one incident happened to me I still cannot explain.

What happened to me and a some of my friends is 7 years ago.

I was a teenager. It was a nice summer, we had 6 weeks summer vacation and my ex-girlfriends parents weren't at home for a couple of weeks.

So one evening, we (my ex-girlfriend and I) invited my best friend and his girlfriend to "our" house. I can't remember what we did the whole evening, but I know that we had the idea, to try to communicate to a ghost via the ouija board.

We wrote letters on little pieces of paper, laid them, as a circle, on a table in the living room and started our sΓ©ance.

Though we were teenagers, nobody of us had ever did this before, and nobody of us knew how to protect ourselves from dangerous ghosts.

Nothing happened, the glass on the tabel didn't move and we stopped our sΓ©ance. After a while my best friend an I started to make fun out of ghosts, I can hardly remember what we said, but it was something like "Oh, where are the ghosts now? Ha ha ha!". After we said that (or the like) all of the sudden the light in that living room got bright. I couldn't see anything. The light went back to normal and I stared into my friends faces. All of us got up real quick and we ran into the kitchen because we didn't know what happened.

So, that happened to me. I never tried it again, I would like to, but I don't have enough experience to protect myself in such a sΓ©ance.

Thanks for reading my story guys.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Felidae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Vanessanda-
I understand what you are saying- I had not thought about age as a factor so I can see where you are coming from.
I appreciate that paranormal is now being scientifically explored, my only caution is to those who are just playing around with it. But at the end of the day I feel that it is all to each their own it is not my place to judge, because I do not know all the answers, heck I still get stumped all the time. 😁
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
ladygreywolf

Granted, what you are saying makes perfect sense to all us adults and to Felidae himself, now that he is older.

However, we are talking about impressionable, curious, adventurous, risk taking but innocent kids. From what I can see, the people who are the loudest against Ouijas are the ones who tried them as kids or teenagers themselves. Now grown, they try and warn other kids off them.

Although curiosity killed the cat, most people never stop learning or asking questions about the unknown. That's being human.

If we didn't question and if we didn't go searching for answers, then we would still be back in the stone age. Even scientists are now seriously investigating the paranormal. I, for one, am glad they are because the rest of us who have had experiences with it are no longer considered "crazy" by so many "normal" people.

With respect
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
I still do not understand why people want so bad to use Ouija boards or seances to encounter paranormal. It is out there, paranomral is real, personally somedays I would rather watch the stories on TV or read them on here then have to interact or deal with the different sensations or feelings that come along with different entities. For those who go looking for it they want to see what it is like they want to "KNOW". But the risk in a Ouija Board is that its a "roll of the dice" Some times it may be a minimal experience but more than not you just gave an open invitation to be tormented or followed and I guess if the risk of being "jacked" with is acceptable then knock your self out. The thing is for people like me (being on here I see there are people like me out there, whew) I sense what is around I do not have to go looking for it I sense and see it without offering it an invite, the difference being using the board is an invite to attach it self and let me tell you it is much easier to break away or be rid of something that you did not openly invite. Once you have made that invite, your nose is wide open so to speak, and there is no guarentee you will be able to shake it depending on how strong or bull-headed your attached visitor is. Granted this is a complex subject, my suggestion would be if you are interested in it perhaps watching being an observer is a safer seat but if you really want to personally experience it understand the accepted risk. I am not saying don't do it I am just offering warning and perhaps insight?-this is my opinion my observation, no offense to anyone is intended
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Felidae

Like you, I messed with Ouijas at the naive age of about 15. Like you, I knew nothing of the dangers but I did it out of curiosity and because my best friend was eager for us to do it. Like you, we made our own using letters we wrote up on paper, "Yes/No" etc and we used a glass. Unlike you, the first time we tried, absolutely nothing happened (I think) and we persisted in trying.

I believe what happened with the lights in your case could have been a warning from a friendly or related spirit. Please take heed of that warning and the advice of so many posters here.

I'm glad you say you won't consider doing it again even with somebody experienced, like I did! We progressed and did it with my friend's sister who was "experienced" and I won't go into the details.

If you continue to try it with or without an experienced person and with or without protection, sooner or later, you will have contact. The problem is that I haven't read a story yet about Ouijas which has a positive outcome.

I understand your interest in the paranormal and beyond but I would advise you to find a different way to investigate it. Using a Ouija is not the only way.

Good luck with your search for answers
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Felidae,
Yes, I see where you have said you don't want to do that again. But you follow that with statements that are very confusing. Actually, this is my fault, and I do owe you an apology. This got very mixed up way too quickly and I just kept yammering on about it with your name at the top of my post. That's where I screwed up to begin with, I hadn't noticed that until I logged back in just now and saw your latest postings. You see, the first comment I left here was meant to be directed at "ShanMindfreak" (see his post above), but I was using copy/paste to put the name on the first line of the post, and before I had read his comment I was planning on leaving a comment addressed to you saying "Thank you for sharing, etc..." and had used copy/paste to address the post to you. Then I read his comment and decided I would reply to that instead. The mistake I made was not checking the name that I pasted up, which was yours. I went on a rant to you instead, without double checking my own work.
The second comment I left was the worst one, and I was leaving it for you this time. That's the one I really stuck my foot in my mouth with. I apologize sincerely here for what I said in that second post, knowing full well I was leaving it for you this time. I did not pay attention to what you had actually wrote. All I saw, in my moment of madness, was\\ere the words "my point where I want to know if there is something supernatural around me or not. Till now, I have to say "Maybe". But this answer doesn't satisfy me"
Then this one:
"of course its stupid, if you do it wrong."
And lastly:
"I want to know if there are supernatural beings who are willing to communicate with the living, which I can asked questions about life and learn from them."
These all added up to trouble in my idiot brain. Not what you said before or after, just the parts that I thought meant something completely different than what you really said and meant.
I hope I haven't confused the situation further, and I am not trying to make excuses for my appalling behavior. I merely wanted to let you know how the whole mess got started. It is all my fault. And I understand if you cannot accept my apology. But know that I really am sorry for acting the fool all over your page.

For what it's worth, I believe the bright light was a warning to all of you. Spirits seem to find it easier to manipulate electrical devices such as lights, TVs, radios, etc... I believe it is because they may exist as a form of electricity. It is a well accepted theory that spirits can be detected using an Electro Magnetic Feild Detector. So if that is true, they are using electricity to communicate. It has a also been reported by ghost hunters that their batteries get drained of power when a spirit is close by.

Anyway, I have babbled on far too long.
Once again, I am so sorry for starting this mess! Please don't take it out on the rest of the site, it was not their fault.

Jav 😒 😒
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Nysa, thank you for your kind words.

I understand what you saying, and that is what I thought. These people here have experience and maybe knowledge on this topic, I think that's why the reaction is the way it is.

I like your way of questioning those s
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
The comments were so long here I might have missed some things, but I think Felidae, that you posted this story without realizing that Ouija is a trigger word for some people. Even if you write a long paragraph about how foolish you were to have ever touched one you will get several posts saying "don't ever use a Ouija!" In some cases people are really trying to warn both the poster & anyone who reads the story in the future of what they consider a serious danger. With others I believe they are attempting to exert social control based on their value system. I think the panic & derision are extreme over-reactions. I also believe it is possible that no person has ever communicated with any kind of entity using talking boards & both the conversations & honestly reported "after effects" are products of the users minds. And if communication is in fact happening that it is no more dangerous than interacting with living people & animals. Which is to say there is some danger & a need to pay attention, but not so much that we must avoid all contact. This is just my opinion. I know some people will never change their minds on the subject, some apparently with good reason. But I will always try to look at it logically & encourage others to do so. The point of my long rant here is you might have felt blind-sided by the reaction. If you are going to continue to discuss your experience, be prepared because the attitude you have encountered is prevalent amongst those who believe in ghosts & other non-physical entities.
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
haha, cheater?! Whats your problem? Did I do something to you? Did I hurt your feelings or are you a follower of Jesus who can't stand people who don't believe in his tales?
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
[at] Javelina, why should they not deserve to?

Your comment sounds like I said, I am going to do stupid things, but I never said that. So what's your point? I just tried to explain, why I have such a hunger to meet something supernatural. Because Religion and Philosophy can't satisfy me anymore. But I also wrote, that I am not going to do it.

And why should I begg you guys for help? I come here, write my story and be judged by some people, who I don't know, who don't know me or anything I did in my past. What "help" could you give me?:D:D:D
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
And what disrespect am I showing? I totally respect the maybe supernatural beings around me, that's why I DO NOT try to contact them, because I know I do not have the experience nor the knowledge to deal with them. But I already wrote that.

Did you guys even read my story?
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Sorry guys, I can't see why you try to "safe" me. Again, and its the last time I write that: I DO NOT WANT TO TRY IT AGIAN. Is that clear now?

And I should be nice? Sorry, that:

"when I am running into young kids with an unsatiable hunger to be entertained and shown constant approval from their Internet audience."

Is rude. If someone gets emotional, its not my problem, if someone is rude, I'll be rude.
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
HA! I got into a bit of a ramble and did not complete my thought. Intentionally contacting entities through s
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Christine does have a point, be nice 😲, She just had the wrong movie the movie she is speaking of is Paranormal Entity and YES it is BASED off of a TRUE STORY perhaps not every detail is correct but it is BASED on a true story none the less. Do not down play how easily one who is not experienced or has not the understanding of protecting them selves from entities can open them selves up to possession especially with the use of a OUIJA BOARD, which is one of the reasons I totally do not understand why they sell the Ouija Board as a childs board game, they Walmart talk about dangerous what does a kid know about protecting them selves or being careful they don't know how important it is to follow the rules until they have broken one and few kids get much guidance in this 😨. Oh yeah and I doubt the negative or mean entities give a flying flip what a persons age is fair game is fair game, once you touch that board your vessel is fair game if you are not careful.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Felidae, you are playing with fire and showing disrespect for something you apparently know little about (but for some misbegotten reason think you should. Find something productive to do with your life and time. Javelina is so right. So are the others. Please listen.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Felidae,
You just don't seem to get it, do you? Listen to DARKNESS and Rook. They don't sugarcoat, they NEVER lie, and they both care.
For me, I just have to accept it when people insist on continueing their foolish behavior.
Why is it, that those who have not experieced a paranormal encounter feel they deserve to? Are you feeling left out somehow? Let me just say, there are far more accounts of paranormal encounters here where the O/P is asking for help in making it go away than those who are content.
And though I know there is nothing I can say that will stop you from being the fool you are intent on becoming, I'll save my "I told you so's" for your return visit. You know, when you come back begging for help to get rid of whatever it is you happened to waken from slumber? That thing that torments you endlessly?
Good luck cheater

Jav 😐
Felidae (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
[at] Javelina, oh I can understand those people. Because I am one of them. I don't want to be rude, but I want to understand more. I want to know more! You know, I am sick of religions, hypocrites and their thing called "God" can't explain anything. Thats why we try to find answers. You can be a philosopher, but at a certain point you can't think any further, and that's is always my point where I want to know if there is something supernatural around me or not. Till now, I have to say "Maybe". But this answer doesn't satisfy me.

[at] Christine, calm down:D I can understand your emotional answer, but not everybody is able to see things like you. So they want to try, sure they want! And they do, and yes, of course its stupid, if you do it wrong.
I know these movies and I like to watch them. But what's your point? I mean, what you told and asked me, sounds like my grandma, I allready wrote in my story "we were stupid" and "I don't want to try it again, because I don't know how to protect myself". I definitely don't want to be haunted, I want to know if there are supernatural beings who are willing to communicate with the living, which I can asked questions about life and learn from them.
bellaregazza (5 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
LMAO!

Christine,
You should really just not post anything anymore.

Although you do make me feel better about myself...
πŸ˜†
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
May I digress a bit? Some of you have posted things that have - ah, shall we say - delighted me after a long day at work. You are the best!

Now back to ghost stories as usual...
Skadi (3 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Christine -

Chill out a bit and try not to write so long posts. Its rather annoying. By the way, its not "rush and roulette" but "russian roulette". Google it.

Skadi πŸ˜‰
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
[at] Cristine, it's not based on a true story. They just told you it was based on a true story to hype it up and make it seem more believable. That's what they do with all of these types of "real footage" movies.

But anyway, going back to the story posted here, I used a Ouija board once in college. It's definitely not a toy. I got some very interesting responses, which were quite intelligent. I would not recommend messing around with one.
aya22 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I apologize to have detracted from the story a little... But the irony was just too perfect and I couldn't resist. πŸ˜‰
aya22 (guest)
+6
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Lol, Christine, the term is not 'a lot' but 'allot.'
-This coming from the person who in your words had "numerous articulations expressed in the English language that only a professional story-teller would conceive in her articulated writing."
Cristine (41 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Not once did I a lot to those movies being real, but the Samantha Finley case was based on a true story, according to witness accounts and other more concrete documentation.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I think Christine meant the Paranormal Entity movie, which is a little different, but nonetheless fictional as well:

Http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_paranormal_entity_a_true_story_did_Robert_finley_murder_his_sister_and_the_physic_in_real_life_or_is_it_just_fiction
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Christine, those movies were purely fiction. They were not real.

Http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_movie_%27Paranormal_Activity%27_based_on_a_true_story
Cristine (41 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Have you ever heard about the Samantha Finley story? The Paranormal movies 1,2,and 3 are based on the deaths of this family, including a psychic.
Please do not play around with this crap. It is dangerous. You would get more thrill from a Rush and Roulette game if you went on a high-speed driving rampage drunk off your butt behind the wheel of a car.
People often say that nothing happened when they played with th O- Board. WRONG.
Something will come in. Something will always be summoned to the ignorance of unexperianced chanting.
What comes through is not always evil, but it can be menacing to you or other people.

I have collected years of data, searching for common traits, habits and behaviors that are expressed in many different locales. Almost all entities are drawn by the entity's NEED for ACCEPTANCE and ATTENTION. They want you to identify that they are there in your presence. They can hear you talking, but get easily confused if you are talking in a group of other people. If you are in a lg. Area that too causes them confusion, which is why again, seances have always been performed with the fewest amount of people in a small, confined space. Ghosts attract other ghosts.
That is what many inexperianced people playing games with spirits are unclear on. The magnetic energy of a ghost will draw in others and those others may or may not be respecting of a living person's space and privacy.
Do you like sleeping with the light on?

Do you like having something intentionally scare the breath from your body?
Do you like having something watch you while you are in a private time in the bathroom, wiping and washing your booty?

And let me strongly advise you that a male ghost can fondle you just as easily as a female ghost can, THey do this while you sleep and they look forward to you going to sleep for many reasons, but they can have their way with you and you are defenseless.

Do you like having a nagging fear (enemy presense)?
Do you like those unexplained occurences, how about the smell of sulfer?
The smell of rotting meat from a dead carcass? Do you like hearing things and seeing things that make you a target to the real world as a crazy lout?

Your life is turned upside down and I seriously will tell you that in my 38 years as a psychic/medium; I have not had a whole lot of happiness. It hasn't given me what eeryone else keeps talking about it being soooo wonderful. It's not wonderful. It's a constant obligation and a whirlwind of trying to do the right thing to make the outcome good because I am always seems to be forwarned of what will be if I don't. Real psychics and real mediums are not jumping up and down with joy!

I do what I do to help people. I do not accept paymen for what I do. That to me is wrong to profit from this "talent."

I chose to come here to help understand myself in hopes of meeting another person like me, but that isn't going to happen when I am running into young kids with an unsatiable hunger to be entertained and shown constant approval from their Internet audience.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Felidae,
Doing something just because you haven't done it before is no reason to do foolish things.
I'll never understand the fascination some people have for waking the dead. Firstly, it is just plain rude. I have no respect for that type of intrusive behavior. If the questions you have about life after death aren't being answered in this life, perhaps there is a damn good reason for that. I get upset when my sleep is interrupted now, if I were to find myself being summoned from my final rest? Yeah, I would definetly throw a fit. In fact, that's the kind of interuption I would want to get revenge for. So all you little cheaters out there that are just dying to have a paranormal encounter with the dead, but the dead won't come to you? Maybe you should be counting your blessings instead of shopping around for short cuts and cheat sheets. Because let me tell you, from the experiences I have read about on this site and others, waking the dead does nothing but piss them off. And they will go for the revenge, same as I would, and it won't turn out well. It never does. And when you finally pass on, do you want those guys that you messed with waiting for you when you get there?

Jav πŸ€”
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
ShanMindfreak,

You can find the ones that are sold in toy stores as games in just about any store that sells board games, here in Texas that inlcudes Wal-Marts / Targets / Toy's aRe Us and stores like that. (can't believe I have to spell are and not use the real name of the store...😲)

Please listen to some advice, even though the version sold in these stores is marketed as a 'board game' it is anything but a game and should not be treated as such. Locate and speak with someone who has experience using them or maybe sit in on a 'board' session being conducted at/by a local metaphysical store (witch shop πŸ˜‰).

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
ShanMindfreak: Mate curiosity killed the cat, and seriously the best thing is to leave them alone, they bring far more harm then good. It is a tool and when a tool is not used properly accidents and bad things can happen. Just a heads up don't bother with them! 😊

Dan
ShanMindfreak (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Guys ouja boards a getting a very famous I would really like to see one of them.
Are they sold in Hasbro or Toy Kings (a lot of people told me) just askin?:D

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: