You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Farm

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Farm

 

I've been reading stories on this site for months now and love the hair-raising creepiness of them all. I moved in with my husband four years ago. He lives, and now I do too on a hundred acre farm in West Quebec Canada. The house is small and used to be a hunting shanty then added onto to make a lath and plaster house. It's over 150 years old and has two bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs complete with slanting ceilings. My husband bought the place off the guy whose family has lived here since it was 'settled' back in the day. This man's father was a drunk and when we were cleaning up the place we found hundreds of liquor bottles hidden in all the out buildings.

The first creepy thing that happened was the knock at the door. It was a clear knock, three times, my dog even barked but when I went to the door no one was there. We are the only house on our street and our nearest neighbor is a mile away at least. It isn't like it was kids playing a prank on us. My husband and I didn't say much about it, we don't like to call attention to who ever it is that lives here with us, because we feel like if we leave it in peace it'll do the same for us.

The next thing happened when we were cleaning the drunken old man's tools up in the barn. There was a huge saw blade about four feet across used on old tractors, there was a nine inch nail in the wall, and the saw blade was hanging on it through the hole in the middle. My husband was under it cleaning up some dirt when it fell off that nail and hit him on his hand, he was wearing leather gloves and so was unharmed, if not unnerved. The nail was so long some one would physically have to move it away from the wall for it to fall like it did.

Then just the other week I was doing the dishes and reached to the cupboard to put a plate away when the cupboard opened on it's own for me! It was so weird, like some one wanted to help me with the dishes. I didn't say anything about it to my husband as it freaked me out, but three minuets later he saw some one walk by our window! Of course when we went outside no one was there, it was very strange.

Then a couple days later the lights flickered on and off, they did this several times but when my husband went out to the breaker box nothing was wrong. He even went through each switch and turned them off then back on to make sure. When he got back inside the lights flickered again. It was only the lights on one side of my house, very strange. Anyway these are my creepy experiences hope you enjoyed!

Other hauntings by angelus_crudus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelus_crudus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Very cool experiences, but not for the persons experiencing them 😊 It can be rather freeky when this things actually happens to you.
Could be that it just wants to make its pressence known, but I don't like the incounter with the sawblade... It could have hurt your husband it he did not wear gloves!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
very interesting post thanks for adding 😊
Just one tiny ting to add to the great advice already given, next time your given a bit of help say thanks!
Most of the time spirits just want to have the living recognise their there with you, obviously you might think this sounds a bit odd but try it I know it helps
All the best
Carl
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
I find your story very well told and very credible ❤ If I were in your shoes, I would tell this entity not to harm me, and I won't harm it! (But in a friendly tone.) 😊
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Very interesting encounters, I enjoyed your story. I do agree with Jav on this one, I think if you don't call him names that might insult him he might just be a helpfull ghost. 😉

Im glad you are doing what you are doing on just shaking it off when you see or hear things. Thats probably why things are so calm.

Thank you for sharing and keep us posted.

Blessings,
Looney
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Wow thanks for all the interest people. I really like to hear what everyone thinks. Our farm is in the Ottawa river valley so the lay out if diffrent than those along the St. Lawrence for example. We are lucky in a sence because we live in the low lands near the river, to the North of us are the low mountains of west and central quebec, these hills are positivly bursting with energy, and so for us it's quieter around our farm than some friends I places who live just a mile or two North of us. I love the entire Ottawa valley, from Ottawa city proper all through the small towns and villages throughout the valley the history and engery of this place is alive everywhere, it's beautiful and I'm lucky to live here. Cheers guys! Thanks again for the interest!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Really creepy indeed. I suggest two things. First one is that if you and your husband are comfortable with these spirits around you, then set ground rules for which they have to follow and if they don't follow the rules, they have to leave. Tell this to them with conviction in your voice but never be rude because like Javelina said, they feelings might be hurt and do something bad like the blade incident.

Second suggestion would be to do a blessing / cleansing. Do this if you are feeling uncomfortable or if you get bad feelings from these ghosts. There are a few ways to do this. One of them would be to call in a religious leader according to your faith or do the blessing / cleansing on your own. This is a cleansing recipe of sorts by Rook. It has worked for many people here. You can do this more than once. Some people do it once a month. Burning sage and incense are also good.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
One hundred acres IS a lot. If you have a ribbon farm, which is common along the St. Lawrence and Detroit rivers, it's long and narrow to give water access - that's a lot of land and a lot of potential for incidents. And once again, Javelina makes a good point about the older spirit. Again, let us now how it goes for you!
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Wow, seems like a really old place.

I have always wondered how people live on huge farms, with no neighbours. Applaud your calmness considering the experiences, it was a good read thanks.
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Very creepy! It is always nice to have help with the dishes though regardless of who is helping. 😁

This comment from Cristine is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
It does sound like you are sharing the farm. I also applaud your approach to the unseen companion. There is just one thing I would caution against. And that is the use of the words "drunken old man". I only say this because of the incident with the saw blade. If it is him, it might hurt his feelings. Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Thanks for the comments guys! I'll keep my story updated and look forward to reading the comments.
Argette (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Yes, as Kuhlmad said, this entity wants to make its presence known. (I was drawn to your story because my grandmother's family comes from the Joliet area, and also the area at Trois Rivieres. I hope to visit someday.)

So far your entity seems harmless and I like the approach you and your husband are taking, not making a big deal about it. Please keep us updated though.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Very cool story, it sounds to me like you aren't alone. Some of these events really can't be explained. It doesn't sound like it really wants to do you harm, but wants you to recognize its presence every now and then! Thanks for sharing! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: