You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Farm 2

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Farm 2

 

I would like to take this time to write an update on the creepy happenings at our small farmhouse. You may want to read my first story, Creepy Farm, as this relates to that story. So here it goes:

It's been almost a year since I shared my first story on here and for a couple months after I wrote it our house was fairly quiet, not so now. To give you a general layout of our house, it has an old front door which has been glued shut for many decades now with a small porch and stairs outside of it that are falling apart and have a big pine tree growing through them. Beside this glued shut door is our front window. Our house sits maybe ten feet from the gravel road in the front, on the left hand side of the house is our drive way, with a deck and side door toward the back of our house, we use this as our main front door. Once inside this door there is a small porch with another door that leads into the house proper. The house is very small with one large room that is our kitchen and living room, stairs leading off the living room, and two small bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs complete with sloping ceilings.

Our front window looking out over the road has had quite a bit of activity lately. In my first story I related how my husband saw someone walk by this window, well this has now become an almost weekly occurrence. I have seen it also it looks like a short person wearing a white shirt or blouse casually walking by that window. This has so far only happened during the day.

Then last week my hubby and I were watching tv on the couch in front and sort of to the side of this window when we started hearing muffled conversation coming from the window. Our house is the only one on this rather long gravel road and our nearest neighbour is about a mile away. It was very strange, so I muted the tv and we could hear distinctly two men talking to each other out there. As we listened the conversation turned into an argument with both men raising their voices. It was muffled and we couldn't make out any words but it was clearly happening. I was too nervous to go outside and check, but I did go to the window and could only see the night time darkness of a new moon out there.

The catalyst for me actually sharing again about our little farmhouse happened four days ago on Saturday night. Our bedroom runs the length of the house upstairs and because of the slanting ceilings we have our mattress on the floor with a chest of drawers at the foot of our bed separating our room in two with the door just beside this chest. Anyway we had just gone to bed and I was reading for a few minutes with the lamp on when all of a sudden both my hubby and I saw a shadow of a tall rather large man walk into our room and into the back corner. As I type this I have goose bumps all over my body it was the creepiest thing I have ever experienced. I obviously made my hubby get up to check it out but there was nothing there, needless to say I didn't sleep much that night and the lamp stayed on.

One last thing, on the Monday following this I watched the same shadow walk up the stairs while I was sitting on the couch. I am sure that this shadow is the same as the old man who died in this house in the late 70's, this man was not happy in life and drank all the time, abused his kids ect. I'm not sure who or what is outside our window though because the shadow is tall where the thing outside the window is shorter.

Anyway thanks for reading about our recent experiences. We will be moving in a couple months and I can't say I'm sad to be seeing the back of this place. There is an atmosphere in this house which is hard to explain, but if I don't get out for a few days it starts to bring my mood down and make me apathetic towards life. Thanks again! Cheers everyone!

Other hauntings by angelus_crudus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelus_crudus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
The front door is litteraly glued shut. The old owners of the place used some kind of super glue all around the edges of the door, sides, top and bottom. The door also has a window in the top of it which they replaced with plastic which was then glued in place all around the edges. This is because we have bitterly cold winters in these parts and this helps keep the house warm.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
About the front door... What do you mean by it being "glued shut"? Do you mean like painted shut?

Thanks, zeta.
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Thanks for all the great comments. Alas I'm not sure of the history of this particular farm, and I take the stradegey of just leaving it alone so I won't look into the history, or attempt to get the house blessed. As I said we're moving so I'm just going to leave this be until we are gone. Thanks again everyone!:)
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
It's possible the dead drunk man may have hurt someone, possibly killed someone years ago and that the tradegy is being played out over and over again. With your home being so isolated it would be possible for this to happen. It could be the man is forced to stay in this place as a punishment and constant reminder of his deed. You may be picking up on his depression in the house. We often can be oppressed by others spirits, even in the living state. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't someone buried on the grounds somewhere. Do you ever remember someone going missing before? Maybe someone who has lived in your area a long time would know. Just an idea. I felt that as I was reading your story for some reason.
pickylilyloveschocolate (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
😨 Oh my god 😨 😨 That made me have a chill down my spine, made me cold all over... You should get a preist to bless the house
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Some really scary experiences there; I am happy you are leaving. It would be awful to feel so oppressed in your own house.

I find the voices outside scarier than the shadow, for some reason. Could the man who lived in your house have been involved in some sort of violent episode there?
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Angelus,

Your encounters are truly terrifying! I went cold when I read what you've experienced.

I also think maybe it is residual. It would be interesting to see if you manage to capture any of this activity; although, with your move and general day to day goings-on I know this can be difficult.

Good luck with your move and I hope you don't encounter equally creepy stuff in your new home.

Great read,

Lakota73 😊
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Interesting story, I feel the conversations that are heard could possibly be residual, being that it eventually turned into an argument would fit in with the fact that the shadow sometimes seen is that of a man whom was an alcoholic. Probably a drunken argument being played over and over. Have you ever tried recording these conversations or maybe even setting up some cameras to try and catch the shadow person? Thanks for posting and please keep us up to date.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: