You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unknown Spirit In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Spirit In My House

 

I have always had an open mind to the paranormal world, but until recently I never really understood what contact with this world could cause! To start off, I live with my grandparents in a decent sized two story house. I have pretty much lived here my whole life and have never really had any experiences until recently!

At one point in time my great grandmother lived here with us. Her and I were very close and it pretty much destroyed me when we had to place her in a home. Sadly, Great died in 2003. Well about a year ago I began feeling like I was being watched or like someone was standing right beside me when no one was here but me. Soon enough she began to make her self known more regularly. I would smell her perfume in the air, find her old doll she gave me out and moved from where I had put it to even finding her own reading glasses downstairs when I had not seen them in years.

I never felt uneasy around her. I knew it was Great! A good friend of mine is able to see and speak to some spirits if they make themselves known to him. Well, on Halloween of this year he told me she was ready to cross over and that she would trying to make contact with me that night. Of course I was a little scared because I didn't know anything about this so I had no idea what to expect.

Sure enough she appeared to me in my dream. She told me she loved me and missed me, but not to worry I would see her again someday and just like that she was gone. Things went back to normal with nothing weird happening for a while, until the beginning of November.

Starting in the beginning of November I began to experience some weird things. I began to feel like I was being watched again, but this time I was scared of whatever it was. I began to hate coming home and I really hated being here by myself.

So, one day I was home alone and I began to feel like I was being drawn to my dining room. I immediately called two of my friends both of them sensitive to the paranormal. When they arrived he began looking around the house trying to get a read. That's when I began to feel as if I needed to go into the dining room. I started to walk to the dining room, but my friend would not let me go. She said she had a feeling that whatever it was was going to push me when I went in there, so they both stopped me from walking in there. E would not let me go by myself, but because I had such a need to go in there they would both go in front of me. When we got to the dining room he let me go in, but I began to feel angry like the spirit did not want them in there with me. She began to try to distract their attention elsewhere and E said it was because she wanted my attention.

About this time I began to feel like I can't breathe and I start to feel scared and I wanted to get out of there, but I couldn't something was literally holding me there. They left that night and things continued to go on, but didn't anymore serious until literally a few nights ago. I was in the shower yesterday and I began to feel like I was being watched once again. When I looked up I saw a black figure walking past the curtain. I shook it off and continue to shower. I bent over to pick up the soap and when I turned around again the black figure was going the other way. It completely freaked me out.

We still have no idea what it is or what it wants. What do I need to do to make contact and to protect myself and my friends?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sf49erLaLa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sf49erLaLa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Thanks all! We are planning on cleansing the house Saturday! I woke up with more scratches and bruises this morning
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
sorry about my last comment, it was reffering to who ever wrote the scratch note. It was supposed to be sarcastic.
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
i have woken up with scratch marks, but more like cat claws. It was after my cat died, but I don't think animals can be ghosts.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
It's possible that when you opened yourself up to the paranormal more after your grandmother appeared to you, you allowed yourself to become more sensitive to other spirits as well.
Regardless, I would advise the cleansing methods listed on this board if you haven't already done so. Be sure to assert yourself and keep a strong mental mind; tell this spirit, firmly, to leave. If this spirit proves stronger or more harmful (it's never good to wake up with scratch marks) I would suggest hiring a professional or even call in a priest to bless your home. Whether you're very religious or not, it could never hurt.
I wish you luck and please keep us posted!
fromnormaltoparanormal20602 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
just wanted to say great story and and fromnormaltoparanormal.com just want to wish you luck
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
try asking yes or no questions. Say bang once for yes, twice for no or something like that. Try to avoid the ouija.
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
you need to talk to her if you haven't already done that. And when you do, talk to her normal. Tell her about your life, maybe eventell her you love her. Dont, talk about the nursing home, or how shes a ghost. If she doesn't leave you alone, you might have to get rid of her.
Sf49erLaLa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Hey all! Thanks so much for trying to help! Chali: it started becoming more noticeable around Nov 6...
Aussie: thanks! Not sure what's up with my friends!
We have tried several of these solutions and it does not seem to work... Activity in the house seems to be picking up and I am now beginning to notice bruises and scratches on my body when I get up in the morning! When they were not there the night before... I'm just not sure I just want to get rid of this thing!
Sir-Boy (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Spockie-as frightening as your advice is, I tend to follow the same mindset. Trusting a spirit can be dangerous business as becoming comfortable/intimate with it can give it the "go ahead" to run wild. That said, I certainly don't feel all spirits are trouble... But caution is a great attrIbute to maintain.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
Hello Sf49erLaLa, Since you have lived in this house for a long time without having any occurances until you started noticing your great grandmother's presence makes me think that there was another spirit/entity lurking around. Now that she has passed on this entity is testing it's limits. Until you find out more information about it, cleansing your home is probably a good idea. This will help decrease the occurances. Also try to keep a positive vibe going. Negativity has been known to attract and increase activity in a home.

Aussie brings up some very good points about your friends. If one was right about your great grandmother getting in contact with you on Halloween, and then not allowing you into the dining room for fear that the spirit was going to push you then how come they can not advise you on what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thank you for sharing your story, and I hope you are able to get rid of this entity soon.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
It has been my experience that following a death, paranormal activity often occurs. It doesn't always seem to be the deceased person who is causing it, either. It seems to me that death opens up a portal that other spirits can come through. Also, from observation and experience, I believe that all of us have spirits attached to us in this world. When we die, those spirits can assume the dead person's appearance, voice, etc., so you have to be careful. That spirit that looks like your grandma or my grandpa might really be something else.
chaliroce (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
May I know what date did You start to see the shadow or feel their appearance strong? (the first time you felt it)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
I'm just wondering why your friends who are sensitive to the paranormal, would be telling you not to go into your own dinning room? How much experience do your two friends have? Surely someone who was qualified to deal with a presence would know you need to confront this un welcome entity if it is one? Not leave you alone in your home even more frighten than you were before they came in checking the joint out...I'm just wondering if your friends are a little on the alarmist side... The part where you felt you couldn't breath may have well been the beginning of a panic attack... Be careful mate your friends might talk your house into a haunted one!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Sf49erLaLa,

I have a method I use... Your welcome to try it...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
have you investigated why they are there, sometimes if you ask of coarse not in the same room but they will say they are either tied to the house or something bad has happened there and they can't leave until unfinnished business is done well I hope all has helped and may god bless you 😁
Sf49erLaLa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Thanks guys! So much! I have tried telling the spirit to leave. My friend Liz was here with me the other night and all I could hear was this screaming in my head to go talk to this thing. I went into my hallway and I just saw this black face come shooting towards me... Scared the crap out of me.

Now, I am desperately trying to get this thing out of my house. I will definitely try what all of you suggested. Thank you all so much!
CDS (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Smudge yourself with Sage then open a few windows and smudge the house with Sage. Smudge just means to light it up... Blow it out and smoke the place out... Cover every room from cellar to attic, closets too. You might want to tell all negative energy to leave as you go.
snowhite (203 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
If your great grandma has crossed over, then how can she can help you? The black figure may not be a human spirit and can be very dangerous. It can eventually control your mind and ruin your life. See if anybody here knows how to get rid of it and give you some help as soon as possible.
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Great story 😁 I enjoyed reading it! I found it sweet that your great grandmother was trying to communicate with you! But the negative energy that you experienced, wasn't so sweet. You needn't worry... Your great grandmother will hopefully protect you 😁 She seems to be kind and care about you alot... She'll protect you!

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS! ❤

-ghostlover6678
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Hooray! 1st comment! 😁
Anyway, you could try telling the spirit to go away and leave you alone!
Or, if you want, you could have someone bless the house.
Best of luck to you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: