You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Dog Walked In Through Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog Walked In Through Wall

 

I have an experience that has baffled me for many years. It happened when I was around 11 or 12, and my little brother was five. We were sleeping in the guest bed in a middle room of the house. It looked into the living room on one side and the kitchen on the other. The front door had two long oval windows on each side of it and street light shown in through them at night.

On that night something woke me out of my sleep and I looked into the living room and saw a dog slowly walking from the light of the window toward the main bedroom. You could see through its body but you could make out its muscles eyes teeth everything. It moved like the way an animal moves when it is creeping up on its prey.

I shook my little brother David hard and said "David David do you see that ", he was in disbelief and so scared. Right about that time the dog saw us and had a almost startled look. Then it slowly walked backwards out through the window. My brother and I put the cover over our heads and stayed there until we fell back asleep.

I am 44 now and David is 38. We still talk about it to this day and tell our whole family about it. We also both saw a little boy in that house, wearing black but at different times. He had a smile on his face and I saw him out of the corner of my eye while I was turning a corner to go into the hall way. My brother saw him at exactly the same spot.

Here is the kicker. I do not believe in ghost. I believe in demons. I think they try to get humans to believe in the immortal soul. I do not! I think when you are dead, you are dead. Only God can return life to a human body. Anyway just wanted to share that with you all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RHolden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RHolden (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Thank you every one for taking the time to read my story and share.
I wrote this story on this site, mainly to find out if anyone else had seen animals in a similar experience.
I haven't told many people out side of my family cause I did not want to be looked at as, well strange.
I was always very sensitive and fascinated by things of this nature when I was young. I had a sixth sense about it, also dreams that came true, knowing things about what a person was truly like with out knowing them etc... It was subtle but obvious to me.
But as I got older and rebellious I became angry and dark. So did these things as well. Scary things started happening to me, and so I eventually turned my back on it all.
I have since learned from the bible that these are things Satan uses to control people. To make them think they have powers.
I have lost all these so called powers now and good riddance!
That being said, I am trying to become the kind of person who relies on GOD, and I try to respect all other religions.
We each have to find our own way.
I do not have time to comment on all who replied but I wanted to answer anneke8.
I just wanted to comment to you that yes Saul was punished, but it was because he consulted a spirit medium. Talking with demons is forbidden by God. These practices are forbidden in the bible as spiratism. (ACTS 16:16-18) The demons knew he was committing a sin, and also that the Pagans of that time did believe in the after life of a human soul. That is why the demon would say that.
The Israelites however put faith in the resurrection that Jesus spoke about. (JOHN 5:28-29)
I want add this as well, I have had very scary things happen to me in the past, when I was dabbling in the dark things. When I called out God's name JEHOVAH it all went away. (EXODUS6:3)
The demons believe in God as well and they shudder (JAMES 2:19). I have seen it for my self. That is something I can truly believe in.
You may find it interesting to look at these scriptures that say a soul is a person (EZKIEL 18:4), and that a soul can die (REVELATION 16:3) . Also the condition of the dead (ECCLESIASTES 9:3-6).
I hope that you all will continue to search, and question what is told to you, until you find all the answers you are looking for. God Bless!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
I am a little curious about your last paragraph RHolden. You say that only God can return life to a human body, but if the dog walked through a wall it obviously did not have a physical body & your description of the boy sounds non-physical as well. So how does that belief prevent you from believing in ghosts? Do you also believe that the soul cannot take on the appearance of a body? Or that the soul can not inhabit the physical world after death?

Javelina gave one solution that would reconcile what you saw with your beliefs. Over the years what other possibilities have you entertained?

Thanks for sharing your experience & your beliefs on the issue. Both have provided some interesting perspectives.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
perhaps this experience was allowed to happen to you- to help open your mind and understand that there are no cut and dry rules regarding the afterlife. Maybe it was residual- but the dog reacting to you tells me it may not- hard to call either way. Religious upbringing should not define your beliefs- the senses don't lie. You saw something that questions your belief. Roll with it.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
If you believe in demons, you must believe in God. And if you believe in God, you can not deny the fact that there is a afterlife.
King Saul called onto the spirit of Samuel. Samuel appeared and asked Saul why he is disturbing him in the afterlife. Saul was punished for this by God.
I also believe in demons and that they can do things like this, but their only mission in life is to gather souls to go to hell with them. They want everyone to be doomed as they are. Why would they want anyone to to 'think' there is a afterlife if there is not? Why do all the trouble if you are not going to exist when you die? What if you die and you realise the IS one? I think it is this demons that want to make you believe there is not a afterlife...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
RHolden,
You don't have to believe in anything to be a witness to a residual type haunting, which both these incidents seem to be. It's thought to be an accident of nature, things in the environment that somehow record odd moments in time. Some believe these are moments filled with emotional stress and that stress kicks the "record" function into gear. These then play back either randomly, possibly due to other environmental factors coming together in just the right way, or on the anniversary of the event.
It is all still a mystery, and who knows if we'll ever find out. But the animal looking startled at the sight of your brother and you discovering it's presense could also be a part of that recording, if you consider it may have been discovered by someone else sittimg where you were when the recording took place. Perhaps on a cool summer evening when the door was left open for the breeze to come in, or even before the house was built.
I have to admit, I always find it interesting when someone who doesn't believe in ghosts has an experience such as yours. It doesn't always have to go against what a person believes in their heart to be the truth.
Thank you for sharing,

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: