You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Strange Noises

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Noises

 

Two weeks ago I was at my friend Carlynn's house spending the night with her. It was just me and her there because that day was her parents' anniversary and they had gone out for the night. It was around 11 pm and we were in her room watching tv. She was painting her toenails and I was laying across the bed flipping through the channels, and we heard a knock at the front door. It was just two loud knocks. Well Carlynn asked me to go see what it was since she was busy. The door was locked so she just told me maybe they didn't have their house key.

So I go to the front door and look out the window first, but there was no one there. I opened the door and stepped out on the porch and looked around and there wasn't anyone there. So I just lock the door and go back to her room and I told Carlynn there was no one there. We just shrugged it off and kind of forgot about it. I always knew there was something weird about her house, but I had spent the night there several times. The house was old and it had been here ever since I could remember.

It was maybe an hour later and her parents still weren't home. Carlynn and I were still in her room and we were super bored so we were just sitting in the floor playing some card game. That's when we heard a loud knock on her bedroom wall. It was two knocks like how it sounded at the front door. We were pretty freaked out by this point because the knocks happened again, so we just looked at each other and got quiet and just listened. There was no one in the house but us and we weren't making any knocking sounds.

After a minute or two went by we heard this loud crashing noise coming from the living room. It sounded like glass breaking. We were pretty scared but we got up and went to see what it was. There on the floor by the couch was the vase and the flowers that Carlynn's dad had got for her mom. The vase was shattered and the water and flowers were spilled all over the floor. The terrifying thing was though is that the table the vase was sitting on was about 3 feet away from the couch and the vase had been sitting in the center of the table. There weren't any animals in the house or there wasn't a draft so there is no way the vase could have fallen that far from the table by itself.

We were pretty scared by then and then we started hearing footsteps and scratching noises coming from in the hallway and it sounded like it was getting closer to us. Carlynn swears up and down that she felt something brush up against her hair so that scared us even more. So we just ran outside and turned the porch light on and sat out there until her parents got home about 45 minutes later. We told them what happened but they didn't believe us.

Other hauntings by RoseThorn7

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoseThorn7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RoseThorn7 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I had been to her a house a lot of times before, and I knew there was always something weird about it because it's like I could feel something was there or I would get chill bumps all of a sudden. I always just sort of played it off, but that night after all of that happened I knew there had to be something paranormal in her house. This isn't the first time like this something has happened to me. I tend to have weird expierences every once in a while.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I understand you were both frightened, firstly can you tell me wether or not anything has happened within in the home previously and after?

I gather you are both teenagers and the events you have described sound a little bit like Poltergeist activity. This can be brought on supressed emotion and hormonal energy especially teenagers mainly females, coming out in the form of Telekinesis. Remember this is just a theory, it could very well be paranormally related but I'm just giving you another avenue to look down. A poster on here by the name Rookdygin will have a few theories regarding your experience also.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I suggest following RedWolf's advice: tell the spirit it is no longer welcome in the house. You may be surprised what an assertive demand will produce. I hope things get better. Part of me also hopes that your friend's parents experience something, but just so that they believe her story.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
I can't say for sure if the ghost entered when you opened the door but it is possible. If the banging is problematic just tell it to leave it is not welcome in your house.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Of course her parents thought you two broke her vase then... So unfair. I know how frustrating it can be if someone doesn't believe you about something like this.
Just like Misstee I would like to know if anything happened since. Or is it just when you are around?
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Omg, I would have freaked out after hearing the knocking on the bedroom wall! Maybe something was let in after it knocked on the front door and you went out to check. Has anything happened since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: