You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Chained To My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Chained To My Closet

 

It started when I was about ten. I lived in a house in Arkansas. I don't know if there was anything that might have triggered the experience, but I certainly didn't do anything. I was walking into my basement to get something (I can't remember what) when I felt a chill and had a feeling that someone was watching me. I stopped where I was and stared into the shadows. My fear grew until I just ran back up the stairs. This went on for several years.

When I was about eleven I started seeing things. Sometimes I could see a a figure in a black cloak staring at me out of the corner of my eye. Other times I would walk past a room with the lights off and I would see the figure with it's back turned to me, looking out the windows. When I would walk outside at night to take out the trash I would get the feeling that something was following me. 

When I was twelve through thirteen things got insane. Doors would slowly open or close. Everyone said it was just a draft. 

There was one time when I was thirteen when I was home alone watching a movie. I had one of those small pillows on next to me, which suddenly flew off the couch and landed on the floor on the other side of the room!

A few months later I was sitting alone in my room sitting at my desk when I got a feeling of indescribable fear. Then I heard a noise. Like someone was shuffling in front of the door. I must have sat there for at least five minutes. What could I do? I was too scared to move, and even if I could this thing was in front of the door. Soon my fear passed and I managed to get to the door and run.

Finally I guess the ghost was ready for the grand finale. I was listening to some cassette tapes late into the night. I decided to stop around 3:00 AM. 

I turned off the tape player and pulled up my covers. Suddenly I got a chill, and these transparent things started walking out of my closet. They walked right up to the side of my bed! But the thing is I sleep on a top bunk, so these things were walking right up to my face. There were at least ten of them, all crammed together in single file row. It looked as though they wore modern day clothes but I couldn't see any details. They walked in a way not that different from a zombie.

Something inside me snapped and I sat bolt upright in bed. The things gathered around the bed disappeared, but something was still in my closet. It looked like one of the other things but it was black. It appeared to be hanging by the neck, and it's arms were chained. It sort of writhed around for a while, then it slumped over and disappeared. As soon as it was gone I jumped out of bed (without using the ladder) and slammed the closet door. I even shoved a chair in front of it.

Since then I have no trouble with ghosts. There is only one thing that bothers me: why didn't anyone else know there were ghosts? I never told my parents or siblings what happened. One thing's for sure: I will always sleep with the closet door shut.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kolchak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kolchak (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I'm not shure that will work. If thare ever was a ghost here, it's gone now. Also, I don't know why, but sometimes I would get these feelings. One feeling was that the figure in the black cloak wanted to scare me, and that the more scared I got the stronger it would get. But how whould I know any of that?
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
i'm around your age so what you have experienced (with a coward like myself) would be far too terrifing!
Sounds like the apparition in your closet may of been tortued and hung. The chains probably represent bieng tortued.

I think you should try and cotact the spirit a similar time to when you saw it. I have read somewhere that 3:00am is when most spirits come out so stay safe!
Kolchak (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Oh great, AS IF PUBERTY ISN'T BAD ENOUGH! 😁
I guess you could say that back then I was kind of a coward. Or at least I was a lot more fearful.
Darkness: I was unable to see any details on the figures. I don't know if that was some how symbolic or something.
Kalli: That's probably a good idea. 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Without knowing just how old you are now... (my guess is 16-17) it's hard to say just what you experienced. Though Nysa may be on to something with it being symbolic in nature.

This may have been something triggered by you entering puberty... The extra 'energy' in the atmosphere around you allowing these 'spirits' to manifest. Now that the 'energy burst' is nearing its end they have not been active any more.

I mention them being symbolic in nature and that brings me to a question... Was there anything going on in your life at that time that may have been considered as bad/negative in nature? Just a couple of things to think about.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Kolchak: No doubt it was a frightening experience for you. So there where no distinguishable details on these figures coming out of the closet, am I correct?

As you are no doubt already doing information on home and land history may be able to help shed some light on to this experience. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Thanks for sharing your story it was really interesting. I sleep with the closet door closed for just that reason, I mean I haven't had anything pop out but the thought has always crossed my mind and I know if I would have been in your shoes I would have seriously freaked out 😨. I hope that never happens to you again and that you find some answers.
❤ Kalli
Kolchak (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I've examined the closet, but I havnt been able to find any evidence that someone died.
I think I'll research the hangings in Arkansas and see if I come up with anything useful.
Thanks creepydog! 😲 😲 ❤
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Thnks for sharing your story!. I think there's someone dead in your house and maybe you should investigate. Then we could decide weather it was a guardian or some other spirits. Hope to hear from you soon... 😊
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
There is sure to be a logical explanation somewhere. The clothes could have been a symbol of your guardian angel protecting you. But if it was she failed! I doubt it. I would love to help you with the experience. 😲 😲 ❤
Kolchak (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
No one else has seen anything. Or if they did they never told me. And I don't know if the transparent figures were protecting me. They seemed almost, melevolent. The whole experience has left me rather curios.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
The closet part of your experience sounds very symbolic; entities of white forming a wall around you, leaving the black creature chained in the closet away from you. Perhaps it was a visual representation of how your unconscious mind was defeating the shadow that frightened you. I am not sure what to make of it but that you stopped seeing the dark figure after that event is very telling. The entities surrounding your bed rang bells in my head as I experienced such things in the past. But I never came to any conclusions about my experience, so I am afraid I can relate (though gathering around the bed is the only similarity) but not offer any answers.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
A very scary encounter indeed. I wonder if anybody has been killed in your house. I had a ghostly encounter also. It is posted on here called "The Ceiling That Dripped Blood". Does your family see a lot of strange things like ghosts?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: