You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House Next Door

Real Ghost Stories

House Next Door

 

My neighborhood is a nice neighborhood, almost all the houses look the same, depending on what end of the street your coming from. We have nice huge houses, to small ones, and ones with brick / stone or brick and wood. However, in 2003, movers moved this All wooden cottage looking house to the neighborhood... Which happened to be placed on the empty lot next to my house.

The lady living there wasn't nice, especially to her dogs. (They looked like they haven't been fed in days. Sad to look at) She'd threaten people for commenting on her house, and even called by-law about our Bug Sapper being to noisy. I think she was getting back at us for calling by-law about her dogs being in my yard.

She wasn't living there much longer with her sons / dogs. A year or two later she moved. A couple months of the house being empty, the house was creepy looking, the yard wasn't taken care off, the balcony looking like it was going to collapse, the door looked like it was going to fall inwards if you knocked on it. The wood on the house was white and rotten looking.

Before the relative came to buy the house and fix it up, every time I walked by it, I didn't like the feeling of that house. Even today, after my neighbor, the nice relative instead of the meany neighbor, fixed it up... I still don't like the feeling. At first, when I walk by there, I always felt like I was being watched, still do at times, but that's only on a rare occasion.

From the time she left her house to the time the guy came to fix it up, no lights were on, and every time I'd walked by, a heavy breeze would happen, even on a hot humid day, where there wasn't any breeze. My laundry room window unfortunately faces the balcony of this house next door. I try to avoid looking at the window, when it first went in, I thought I'd seen someone just staring at me on the balcony.

I remember one night this month, the new neighbor wasn't home, and his lights were off. I was doing laundry at night, and it just felt like someone was leaning on the balcony ledge, looking directly at me. I don't mind it when spirits are around "watching" but, when your doing laundry, couldn't they give you a little privacy? I did ask him politely to go watch another neighbor, not sure if that worked or not. At first, I was uneasy about it, now that I look back on it, I just sit back and laugh at it.

There is something with that house. It could have been just a bad vibe from that mean lady, or it could be something else. I'm happy that the relative took over the house, it looks better... Not suited for the neighborhood, but wish the spirit would mind its matters.

Other hauntings by ice128

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ice128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hello ice128,

That's a funny experience (made me smile) if that doesn't offend you. It's good that it only goes as far as watching, since some people don't seem to be as lucky. Have a nice day! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-04)
Do you have any contact with the relative that moved in? Maybe if he felt more welcome to the neighborhood, he may want to 'fit in' more. I always wonder, what makes people 'suitable' for one neighborhood or another? Is it the size of their check book? The size of their house? The size of their debt? Just curios. If you got to know the relative it may interest you to find out yiou are missing out on a special reoationship and he could help with whatever it is that watches you do laundry, hey he could even be a nice guy.

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear ice128,

Sometimes we can't always pick and choose our neighbors, let alone our parents or family (depending on your belief system). Yet, there are things we can do for ourselves to focus on what will make our lives and daily living better. If you focus on your positive life, and surround yourself with positive and loving thoughts, and use your belief system with positive intention, those that are negative and unneighborly will go to the foreground. If one has tried everything within their realm of ability and power to change themselves and their immediate surroundings (because with age one will learn that they can only change themselves and not others), then the only thing one has left to do is to move or leave a negative situation. Sometimes, negative experiences and/or neighbors just may be wake-up calls to let us know we need to make a change in our own self or our own lives. We can choose to live with it, resolve it, get rid of it, change, leave or move.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: