You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Attack Avoided

Real Ghost Stories

Attack Avoided

 

I've had many ghostly events happen to me since I was a very little child, and unfortunately most of them were malevolent or had the intent of scaring me (successfully, I might add). So it should come as no surprise, that I have struggled with standing my ground when something supernatural happens nowadays, since it scares me.

At this point I'd like to mention, that even though I was brought up in a Roman Catholic Christian family, I do not believe any religion. I guess they'd call that agnostic.

For instance, even when I was just a very little toddler (approximately 3 years of age), I remember I was scared of "the wolf under my bed". Now, I know most of you think "every little kid is scared of the boogeyman under their bed". However, mine had a voice. It howled and it moaned, and my parents didn't hear it. I remember back at that time, and it's so clear to me... I think I named it "wolf" simply because that was the scariest thing my 3 year old little mind knew. Now, being 27 y/o, I know it was not a wolf, although I still don't know just what it was exactly.

But... The story I wanted to write about happened in 2002.

I was 17 years old, and lived with my family on the 3rd floor of an apartment in the middle of Budapest, Hungary. That apartment was where my mom and her sister grew up, and always had supernatural experiences. In the WWII, a soldier got shot on the balcony, fell off and died. The apartment was still riddled with bullet holes until it got plastered over (renovated, they said) in 2000. My mom and her sister never dared to go out on that balcony, they were overcome with the terror of falling down (this was before they found out about the soldier).

I digress...

So in 2002, I had my own little room in the apartment. Most people have a bathroom that's bigger than that room was, but it was enough for me. I had my bed in there, my study table, a book case and a small wardrobe. I had many many posters on my walls, depicting wolves, black panthers, advertising posters for my favorite bands, like your regular 17 year-old's bedroom.

One night, I went to sleep like I do every night, and fell asleep.

After sleeping for a couple of hours, I woke up at approximately 3 AM, inexplicably scared out of my wits! I sat up in bed, and I was so scared that I started crying.

And I didn't know WHY!

Then I had this vivid feeling of being surrounded. And the circle around me getting smaller and smaller. I was out of my mind scared at this point, and all I could think of was how to escape.

Before this tightening circle could reach me (don't ask me how I could feel all this, it was something I hope never EVER to feel again), I gathered all my courage and in primal fear bolted to my door, tore it open and ran out to the living room (which was only about 10 running steps away).

I ran to the phone (I could see my bedroom door from where the phone was [keep in mind, this is Hungary in 2002... No cell phones and only landline with corded phone]), and called my then boyfriend, who was in the USA (so the 7 hour time difference was not a problem). He picked it up and I told him what had happened. As I was telling him, I saw my bedroom door (which I of course left open while running out... Last thing on my mind was to politely close it, hah) slowly swing shut, the handle getting pressed down too.

My boyfriend, who has had the most experiences of anyone I ever known, started saying "You're NOT welcome there, get out!" and similar things like that. To this day he swears that when he said that, he felt something that he can only describe as a mild crawling electric sensation go from the phone into his hand and down his arm, then out through his elbow.

After a while he calmed me down and I went to sleep on the living room couch.

Next day, my mom woke me up and asked me what I was doing out on the couch. I told her everything that happened (she also believes the supernatural), and she said let's go check out your room together. We opened my door, and couldn't believe our eyes.

All my posters were on the floor, they all fell off the walls (I shouldn't say "ripped off", because that would imply that they were torn. No, they were all in one piece, but on the floor), everything from my study table was knocked off, but the scariest thing of all was...

EVERYTHING from my bed was ripped off and on the floor.

By everything I mean pillows, blanket, comforter, sleeping sheet, AND the undersheet. It was just the bare mattress there.

To this day I don't know and I NEVER want to know what could have happened to me had I not run out of the room before whatever things were surrounding me completed their ever tightening circle.

Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mykah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Mykah,

I too am Empathic and it's what led me to my orignal question concerning your experience. Thanks for your feed back and Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mykah (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
[at] Rook:

Javelina is right, I looked up the word "Emphatic" instead of "Empathy":)

No worries, I don't get offended on the internet:)

As for the actual question, I do consider myself sensitive to other people's (entities, as well) emotional states, and am capable of seeing auras since I was very little.

It happens very often that I pick up on emotions of people. It never bothered me, and I actually think it's very useful and good ability to have.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
[at] rook,
I believe Mykah was looking up the word "Emphatic", which would have given somewhat of a different description. No matter the dictionary.
But I could be wrong...

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Mykah,

Empathic: 1) The ability to identify with and understand somebody else's feelings or difficulties. 2) The transfer of somebody's own feelings and emotions to an object such as a painting.

Or in the case of the psychic 'realm' Empathic: an individual who can feel the emotions of another individual or spirit. (my simplified definition)

For the record may I ask what the dictonary you used said... The Oxford Dictonary I found on-line had this definnition...

"Empathy means 'the ability to understand and share the feelings of another'"

Which is what I was wondering and asking about... Thank you for feedback, please do not be offended by my questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Think of it in the different form of the same word. "Empathy", it's one form of psychic ability that many of us share. You pick up on the feelings, emotions, moods, etc, of others. Many of us do this unaware that we are influenced by how others feel.

Jav
Mykah (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
[at] Rook: I'm not familiar with "Emphatic". What is it? I tried to put a search on it, but I assume it doesn't mean in this context what the oxford dictionary tells me:)

I enjoyed reading your interpretation of my story, I sure haven't thought of it from that viewpoint.

It's something to think about for sure:) I'll mull over it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Mykah,

Only you can be sure of your experience and I'm not going to insisit my theory is the only one that is viable but answer this please...

Are you in any way Empathic?

I ask because if it was the Spirit of a 'lost/scared and confused' soldier that was reaching out and his emotions 'mingled' with yours. Of cousre you were scared... And you reacted in a manner that the majority of us would... You got away from what was making you feel that way as quickly as possible.

I just enjoy looking at a situation from all possible 'angles'. Again thanks for sharing and your responses.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mykah (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
[at] Javelina: I know what you mean... The reason I thought this might have been a demon is because I've had many paranormal experiences and this one was different and physical, I haven't encountered anything like this before or since.
Of course, that still doesn't mean it was a demon:)

[at] Rook: Interesting theory you have there!
My family no longer lives in the apartment. After I moved out, my mom said that she had "gotten rid of" whatever it was there. I'll ask her about it.

I am wondering, if it was indeed "friendly" and needed help, why would it scare me so bad when it probably knew how I'd react to such things? I told my empty room several times that whatever is there, if you need anything and have to communicate, please don't scare me because I don't take it so good.

To be honest I don't think it was friendly: (I wish it was though, by that time I had plenty enough of nasty entities:/
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Mykah,

I am sorry this happened to you... Everyone has 'looked' at this as if it was a negative spirit or entity of some sort... But what if you were reacting with fear...terror...of something that was happening to you that you didn't understand?

Are you sensitive to other peoples emotions? Can you look at an individual and 'know' how they feel?

I ask because this is what I 'felt' as I read your experience...

The fear you felt was not entirerly yours... The spirit of this soldier was reaching out to someone close to his age... Your own fear mixed with his... And as he reached out you felt this 'circle' closeing in on you. He was seeking comfort as his death was sudden and even to this day he does not realize he was killed in that battle... When you ran out of that room it confused and angered him... He could tell you 'felt' his prescense... To him you knew he was there but you ran away. Not understanding why he 'lashed out' and trashed the room... He is not and never has been malevolent... He just wants to understand what happened to him and why everything is so 'strange' to him now.

If your Mother and her Sister are still in this apartment they may want to say a Prayer for the dead... Walk from room to room... Focus their thoughts on this poor 'lost spirit/soul' and speak as if he is in the room with them... They should explain what happened on that terrible day and tell him to go into the light... Then say a Prayer in that room and in each room of the house.

Anyway that's my take on things. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Mykah,
Very frightening experience. But please be careful and not go along with all this demon talk that the previous posters have glommed onto. First of all, demons are the rarity in all things paranormal. Nowadays it has almost become like a fashion statement to declare you are being folllowed, attacked, or both, by some demonic entity. Many times these are the actions of a malevolent spirit. Not demons. By the plethora of accounts being blamed on demonic activity, you would have to think that we are seriously becoming outnumbered by such. Nothing could be further from the truth. At least that's my opinion. And I am not alone.
Think about it. If every time someone claimed a demon was after them, and somewhere a bell would ring? We'd all be deaf by now.
I wish I knew the answer to your experience. Was it a malevolent spirit? Or perhaps a previous occupant of that room who for some unknown reason did not care to share it with you? Without knowing more about the history of the building and the apartment itself, it would be impossible to say. But please don't let others talk of demons sway you, it's just not that cut and dry.

Thank you for sharing,
Jav 😊
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
A t
mysterPOO (63 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Well I felt very unusual reading your story. It is really interesting.Ya,of course it is a demon. But why did that demon wanted to harm you? For godsake you came out of the room or I could not imagine what would have happened to you. Hope your fine now. That apartment is really very creepy. Anyway Mykah, thanks for sharing your scary story...mysterPOO... 😊
Mykah (1 stories) (12 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
You're right, in retrospect it was probably a demon...
Lots of weird things happened in that room, I also saw these black shapes sliding behind my wardrobe, under the bed, behind the radiator, etc...
Not just out of the corner of my eyes, but full on looking.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
That is a very scary encounter! Obviously not your imagination since all of your posters and bedding were on the floor... It probably is a good thing that you left your room when you did. I bet it was a demon instead of a ghost. Just by reading stories on this site, I see that demons do physical damage and ghosts usually appear and scare people. I could be wrong...
Mykah (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
I forgot to add at the end of my story that after this incident I refused to go into my room again, until some months later when I packed up my clothes and moved to the USA with my then fiancee.
That was the only one time I set foot in there again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: