You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis And A Demon Rabbit Cat Thing

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis And A Demon Rabbit Cat Thing

 

I had experienced sleep paralysis one night. My whole body shook like a shiver almost and I was completely paralyzed. I was on my back and I never usually open my eyes because I always know there is something there in my room like and evil presence. For some reason my eyes forced themselves open and there was this black demon rabbit cat thing. It's ears stood strait up and came to a point and were long and it's eyes were like a pearl white color with no pupils. It had teeth but they were black and attached to the lips. I believe it had a medium thin sized tail from what I remember. It's body was like a cat but with a rabbit looking head like the black rabbit from the movie Watership Down.

It was standing on my chest and biting at my face, but the weird thing is my whole body was numb and I couldn't feel any pain. (I remember reading on a website about OBE or OOBE (Out Of Body Experience). It's when your spirit is out of your body). So when the demon rabbit was attacking me I remember my arms and hands moving up towards it's neck very quickly, but my arms and hands were see through like part of my spirit was out of my body. I wrapped my hands around it's neck and started strangling it. I then started bashing it's head against the wall next to my bed. I guess it had enough because it just faded away like dust. I blinked a few times to see if it was going to reappear.

I couldn't move my head but I felt another presence. It was in the corner of my room to my left. The darker part of my room because my night light doesn't get that part of the room. I tried looking through the corner of my eyes but couldn't see much but that part of my room that faded into blackness. Then the upper half of my body shot up like it was forced to.

So I was sitting half way up and I still tried to see if I could see anything. But then my body decided to finally wake up and the part of my spirit that was out of my body was quickly pulled back into it and I shut my eyes and I could finally move again. I looked all around my room, but saw nothing and was to afraid to go back to sleep.

I know when you look up sleep paralysis they always say they are night terrors or your in your dream but I find it suspicious that it's always evil creatures or shadows known as demons. I don't believe they're night terrors or you being in your dream because... Well no one dreams these shadows and things all the time.

Also if it's supposedly you being in your dream then why do a lot of people dream the old hag and six foot shadow man. I honestly believe they are real demons visiting you while your most vulnerable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suzy711, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-19)
Hello LeaLeigh,

We must have both been typing the same advice at the same time.

Lol. 😆
SWS
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-19)
Hello xXLizuXx,

The comment you have posted asking for advice is on a very old post.

If you want help, the best way to get that is to submit your experiences. If your post gets published, YGS members will welcome you and offer you help and suggestions on how to deal with your purple rabbit, cat, upright, shadow thing with a horror movie smile. 😨

I hope to see your post in the near future.

Best wishes,
SWS
😊
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-19)
Lizu,

This story that you're commenting on was written eight years ago. If you are trying to find help for what you have experienced, then it might be better if you wrote and submitted your account. People who go to this site tend to keep up with new stories as they come in; but it's a stretch to hope that you might get help from entering a conversation that ended eight years ago.

Wishing you the best of luck,

- Maria
xXLizuXx (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-19)
So, last night I ended up experiencing what you did I was in my room and I usually have bad spirits I'm my closet since I get sad and other stuff plus that's where I go when kids get sad and usually when ever I just walk past it I get bad vibes, well last night I had a "dream" about my closest where I got such bad vibes that I had to check it out, but when I looked I saw that my shadow was a rabbit but it's had a body of a cat yet it was standing like us humans do it was slightly purple and black and it had the face of what you described I got scared so I froze but I started coming near me so I ran and as I was running down stairs I looked back and I had a smile on it face like something you would see in a horror movie, well I turned back around and kept running and all I could hear in my head was "run from the rabbit man" over and over or "don't let him take you away" then I hid under my mom's bed and at first I tried waking her up but she wouldn't move so I felt it walking closer so I closed my eyes but it grabbed me and started dragging me while it was smiling so I bit it and kicked it and it dropped me and faded away then I woke up but I couldn't move my body since I was so scared... But in all honesty I don't think it was a dream and it was like what you mentioned but if it's what I think it could be then I don't know what to do about it...
Suzy711 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Sunju: I've heard bout the alien abduction thing somewhere and as for the caffeine thing it's kind of hard for me to stop because I'm so addicted to pop though Thomas said I should slow down on it since he heard bout a 30 year old lady dying from drinking pop so much. I have to either sleep on my stomach or back cause it's actually easier for me to breath whenever I sleep on my side and get sleep paralysis it feels like there is a hand wrapped around my stomach on the side I'm laying on and whenever I try to breath normally it'll squeeze my side causing me to breath in short breaths. It's really annoying.

NyankoSensei: Really? That's interesting an old friend of mine said she saw it somewhere on the website once and said it was called Hyena (Hay-en-a) but that was a a shorter name for it. I tried looking it up but never found anything about it. Also I think I would prefer seeing the whole body instead of a floating head because that's just creepy as hell.
NyankoSensei (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I have experienced the same sighting of a horrible rabbit head floating above my bed. It sounded very much similiar. It was scary but it did not stay long.
Anybody else?
Sunju (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
"I find it suspicious that it's always evil creatures or shadows known as demons."

It's not always negative experiences. It's not common for sleep paralysis sufferers, but there are some very positive and desirable experiences reported, namely ones of being reunited with lost family or feeling close to an angel or God. One of the reasons so many people experience mortal terror is because they're paralyzed and have just woken up to this state, still under the effects of the hallucinogen 5-MeO-DMT which is what makes dreams possible. Terror, especially if you're like me and claustrophobic, + DMT = horrific demon attack. It's not always demons or shadow people (was for me during nightly hypnopompic events over nearly a decade). Sleep Paralysis is the going explanation for most alien abductions. Before that, during the middle ages, most people who suffered this experienced full on horned, red skinned, typical demons or the old hag (some people still see the old hag). The upbringing and social mentality effects these experiences.

That said, just because the mind is to blame for the experience doesn't mean otherworldly entities aren't taking advantage of it. The shadow people that are seen during the day, by more than one person, both obviously awake, are not explainable at this point in time. So there's every chance there's more than just psychology at play.

In case you wanted advice on how to stop having Sleep Paralysis: Stay away from caffiene, don't take sleep aids unless you absolutely have to use them, find whatever sources of stress or fear are in your life and take steps to put an end to them. Most importantly: During these events, consciously overcoming any terror or doubt you have should put an end to the events. Once you fully decide to just not care about the event, which will end the same as it always does with you perfectly fine and alone, then they should stop happening completely. Also try sleeping on your side. Sleeping on your stomach makes it more difficult to breathe and often traps an arm which cuts circulation, both contributing to sleep paralysis. Sleeping on my back has a host of noticeable effects, including an increased ease in regards to thinking and imagining. It also, almost always, led to sleep paralysis. Both of those positions affect the oxygen supply to he frontal lobe (on your back the blood pools at the back of the skull), so I imagine oxygen ratios are the trigger for some if not most of these events. Good luck!
Possessed (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Oh man, that was intense. It must have been a terrifying experience. I'm not sure what else to say about it because this type of stuff don't happen here.
Suzy711 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Sacul:ya it was terrifying but I've gotten used to having sleep paralysis I haven't had any other experiences as terrifying as this one yet.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
That does sound like sleep paralysis- but what shocks me is the similarity between my first or second experience and yours. I am in my late 20's now, but at the age of 6 I had an almost identical dream. Since then I have had better and worse, but I will never forget that thing you described and how terrifying it was.
Get a sleep study if insurance permits and the frequency of these things are so that you are afraid to sleep or wake up tired. They can prescribe certain medications that may help you.
Suzy711 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Animefeak: No I haven't done any of those things but I don't live in that old house anymore. I've been wondering if it's maybe because I have my sis's Ouija board in my closet she wanted me to hold it for her but guess she forgot bout it. I never mess with it though.

Pjod: Well the sleep paralysis kind of runs through my family it's weird. My mom, sis, grandma, and Thomas have had it but the only person who doesn't experience the scary things are my mom and she is also a natural astral projector.

StudentDO: Yah I know it's sleep paralysis I've been having it since I was really young but looked it up about a year ago to see why I kept being paralyzed and feeling something touching me sometimes when I either went to bed or woke up, but after I found out about it being sleep paralysis I opened my eyes a few times during it too see... Well I've seen a lot of thing and this one was the worst I've had and the first time for the OBE thing to happen.

Rookdygin: I understand ya. I know it's a sleep paralysis incident I just hate how it feels so real most of the times and when I can finally move again I can still feel the slight pain of whatever was hurting me.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Rook,

I have experienced the same thing. Once a transformer exploded in our back yard and in my dream I heard it, but incorporated it as a balloon popping! Also, if I have the television on when I fall asleep snippets of whatever is on will wind up in my dreams.

Clever
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
crecentblue03,

I like your Idea, I really do. But I have woken up from dreams and the song on the radio was the song I was hearing in my dream... Or another noise from my dream is the first thing I hear when I wake up...It's been large trucks passing the house and trains passing my home along the tracks near the house.

I can't speak for everyone, but it is something I have noticed concerning myself.

Respectfully,

Rook
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Wow super creepy It must be so scary when they seem so real. Try this next time it happens listen to familiar things you are aware of in your house such as a clock ticking, or cars moving out side if you hear these things you know that you can't be dreaming because how can what's happening to you be happening and you also hear the normal sounds that you hear while awake if this happens then you know you must be awake not asleep and therefor not dreaming. Its worth a try! Good Luck!.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Sometimes weird stuff happens, and that makes you question if it realy is sleep paralysis or not...
Better safe than sorry, I agree with animefreak.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Suzy711,

You state this (quoted from your experience)...

"I know when you look up sleep paralysis they always say they are night terrors or your in your dream but I find it suspicious that it's always evil creatures or shadows known as demons. I don't believe they're night terrors or you being in your dream because... Well no one dreams these shadows and things all the time.

Also if it's supposedly you being in your dream then why do a lot of people dream the old hag and six foot shadow man. I honestly believe they are real demons visiting you while your most vulnerable."

I feel this is because 8/9 times out of 10 people only talk about the 'scary' or 'evil' things they see during an event like this... It's the whole...'Dirty Laundry' news story... No one wants to hear about it/rememebers it unless it's something 'bad'...

Your desrciption of things makes me think this was a sleep paralysis incident. The 'image' of a 'demon/rabbit/cat' is a good indication, at least for me, that this was a dream 'hold over' as you woke up.

Just my two cents.

Respectfully,

Rook
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
It most likely was sleep paralysis. In one of my psychiatry text books it talks about sleep studies in which people who suffered from this reported terrifying visions while they were in the lab. This is not to discount your experience at all, but to provide a plausible alternate explanation. The brain is a dark and scary place that we barely understand. The OBE part is intesting though.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I can't say either way- if this phenom is medical or supernatural. Maybe a mixture of both... One feeding off the other. Difficult to dismiss as a sleep disorder when it seems so real.
animefreak (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
That is Some Scary Experience!
Did You try Blessing the house?
Or putting a Cross On Your bedroom Door or wall? 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: