You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Uninvited Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Uninvited Guest

 

This experience occurred in September '11, I was at my cousins wedding and after the service we went to this really old really beautiful grand building dating back to the Edwardian period. The evening was well on its way, the alcohol was flowing and the music was playing and people dancing.

After a while I started to overheat so I went to splash some water on my face. The door to the bathroom was located right next the front entrance. Due to the age of the building all the doors were these old heavy oak doors. I turned the handle and pushed but the door wouldn't open, I made sure the door was unlocked to which it was, so I pushed and pushed and just as I was about to give up the doors swung open and this sudden cold breeze passed through me like a knife cutting through butter and this feeling of fear and general horrid emotions.

As this happened I felt compelled to walk toward the front doors where I saw a few family members stood, my sisters face went from happiness to petrified, and let out a scream. I went out to her and asked her what she saw and she said she saw a little boy in old cloths, soaking wet, who walked out the bathroom, strait through me, out the front door and dissapear into thin air. My sister ran in doors to the rest of the party. As I'm a little more level headed about the paranormal I went round the hallways and was looking at all the documents that were on the wall telling the history of the building.

By what I found, the building was opened as a boarding school in the 1870s, the history before that is unknown. The 1890s there was a tragedy involving the headmaster and then a great fire, it was then restored in the 1920s and has been used as part of a school since. Was this great tragedy involving this little boy my sister saw, did the headmaster drown him, after all my sister said the boy was soaking.

That's about all the information I could find, so the details are unknown, although I have my theories.

Other hauntings by bigryan020192

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigryan020192, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
i don't know the detail and what explain because they details are very bland, it just said there was a great tragedy in which a fire occurred which involved the headmaster there wasn't even a lot on the internet about it.

[at] Aprilsnanny35 I can't for the life of me remember the name of this place but ill try and find out for you.

[at] nysa it was probably built even before the Victorian period because it was only opened as a boarding school in the 1870s and when I did further research, there was no indication to whom owned or built it previously so I don't know the age of the building. And when I said the Edwardian period I was being very vague with my time period.

[at] anneke8 I really don't know what happened the information was very plain, I don't think the owners really know happened either, I mean it was sat idle for almost 30 years. I think the headmaster must have caused the fire, whether it was accidental or not, and the boy couldn't get out because the door was blocked or the door handle was too hot to touch, my sister said it was a small boy and these old doors are very heavy. Maybe even the boy was drowned and the fire was used as a cover up. Who knows, there are soo many theories that could be heard but there just isn't the records to back any one story up.

Thanks for commenting guys
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Great story! Do you remember the name of the building?
Would love to check it out. 😊
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
O my word! How I would LOVE to know more about this building! Its so sorry you can't find any more info!
They don't perhaps say what kind of tragedy the headmaster was involved in? Strange that the door would not open...
Did he die because the door would not open while something terrible was happening inside the building?
Perhaps he wet himself but because of the fire, the door would not open... And when it eventualy did, it was too late...?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Since he did not react to you or anyone else, it must have been a residual haunting, suggesting that something traumatic happened to the boy. With no further information, one can only guess what. Apparently the door was held closed or stuck during the event, but that isn't much of a clue, if the boy were frightened he may have barred the door & if anything shady were going on (even just a "swirly" incident) the door would be kept shut by another.

It's just the kind of experience one kind of wants to have when knowingly visiting a haunted location! Incidentally, if the building was built in 1870 or the decades before that is the Victorian Era, the Edwardian begins in 1900.
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
My guess is this little boy wet himself in the bathroom during the fire but failed to escape. He seemed to run but no available exit; he was still running to this day though. Nice but sad story about the tragedy. 😢 😢 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: