You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Odd Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Happenings

 

My name is Tarah, and I'm going to tell you of the things that have happened over the course of today and yesterday.

Yesterday, I was in my room, and my record player turned on out of nowhere. There was a record in it, but it wasn't playing music, it was just making the static noise from the end of the record. When this happened (which it has happened before) I ran out of my room and went downstairs to be with my family. This record player I took from my grandpas house, he died in may of 2011.

Now the thing that just recently happened really creeped me out, so much that I found this website. I came home from school, and went up to my room to take a nap, like usual, but I noticed something on my sheets. It was a record (the Four Seasons, to be specific) this record I also took from my grandpas house, along with some others. It was hanging on a nail in my room when I left this morning.

I don't know why this is all happening, and it wasn't before. It's almost been a whole year since he has been dead. Do you think it's my grandpa? Or do you think its something else?

Other things have happened, but not close together, and those things don't seem to be related in anyway. A couple of them were before my grandpa passed as well. For instance, last month, I was in the shower and I heard banging noises, coming from above. They weren't just random banging noises, they were going to a beat. It was like bang *1 second pause* bang *1 second pause*. It could not have been anyone from my family since I get up at 5:15 am to take a shower. Nobody was up. The room directly above the bathroom is my room.

If somebody can tell me what is going on, I would be grateful. Also, I'm 14, just in case that changes things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thisisit0910, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Thisisit0910,
Okay hun, let's just go slowly here. The bangs on the ceiling while you are in the shower just might be the pipes. You said everyone else is still asleep when you get in the shower? That makes you the first one to use the hot water. When the warm water hits those cold pipes, it can make them start to move some, so a little bit of banging may not be so far fetched.
I can't explain away the record player, but I'm thinking you may want to talk to your parents about it, especially the Four Season's record. Maybe one of them was listening to it. Which ever one of your parents was the child of the grandfather that passed away. Perhaps it's their connection to him as well?
Other than that, I would have to say that Grandpa wanted to let you know that he loves you and will always be there for you. ❤

Jav 😊
XxoBethanyoxX (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
hey, my nanny's house is in the same state things flying of walls and sounds upstairs I'm your age to 😳 maybe we could help each other, I'm scared too I don't like going to my nann'as house any more its so creepy, anyway goodluck, and if I is your grandpa shouldn't you be happy inside I mean? ❤
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Hi Dude I understand from this, it's not your grandpa but something else. But can't say 100% for this you should post from how many years you are in this house. If recently came then it could be a para entity if its you house from many year then forget it and try to make your days ith sports and movie don't think about such bullshiats. Cheersssssssss 😊 😁 😆
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Can't be sure, but it's probably your age. For whatever reason, young adults that are about to reach or just reached puberty seem to have a lot of paranormal/poltergeist (things moving on their own, etc) activity during this time. I'm guessing it's due to the elevation of hormones and brain activity levels. And if you're under any amount of stress, it makes it worse. I know from experience because from the age of around 13-19 I had SO many weird happenings, most of which were acompanied by my best friend of the same age. She was under a lot of stress at the time and I was under a little myself. After about age 20 I never really experienced much after that.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Unfortunately, with what information you posted, we don't have enough to be able to say it's your grandpa or not. Was your grandpa ever talking about strange things happening at his house? Reason I ask is it could be something attached to the record player itself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: