You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Haunted House From Hell

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House From Hell

 

This is the experience that I mentioned at the end of my first post, From Ghost Cats to the House From Hell.

This was by far the worst experience. It happened a little over four years ago, thankfully not at my house. Regrettably, I am no longer close friends with the girl who's house this happened at. I had a falling out with her sister when the sister turned into a two faced bully targeting my friends behind their backs. Maybe her change in behavior was connected to whatever was going on in the house, but at that time I was too upset with her to care and too frightened of whatever was in their house to want to get involved with whatever it was. However, even if I had been on better terms with my friend's mom and sister, after what I witnessed there I still wouldn't go back. I never am going back there, I don't even like to think too much about I saw.

To be honest I was a bit worried from the start when it came to this friend. She had this "imaginary friend" that had never left her that nearly everyone but she, another friend and I treated as a joke. The problem was that my other friend and I could see this "imaginary friend." However, it seemed to be doing her no real harm, and for a while we just left it be. Eventually she invited some of us over for lunch break since she live near enough, and the second half of the day was a fun fair so we didn't need to be back in time for class. The house wasn't that bad in the bright daylight, but something still seemed off. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could never really relax there.

A month later, a couple of us were invited to spend the night at her house before going to an event out of town together. That was one sleepover I will never forget for all the wrong reasons. The night started off alright with us playing video games and watching some TV. None of it was excessively creepy or violent. None of us were into that, and definitely not anything to make me imagine the living nightmare that I experienced that night.

Since her room was too small for us to sleep in, we thought we'd sleep in the guestroom upstairs. Unfortunately that room wasn't big enough either and one of use would have to sleep on the couch. Since at the time I really didn't care, I said so and offered to take the couch. Oh, would I regret that offer. You see, to get to their living room you went down a little hallway from the kitchen. When you sat on the more comfortable couch, you could look out the arch that was the doorway into the hall wall where there was a mirror. That mirror is where my trouble started. I have really good night vision, so I could see things fairly well. It was then that I got the impression of a dark eerie man with wild hair and red eyes there.

Thinking I was just creeping myself out, I rolled to face inwards on the couch. Unfortunately I could still see him there. It was as if I had left my body and was looking down from the ceiling or on top of the cabinets. The man came out of the mirror and started into the living room. Panicking, I turned on the light and looked around, of course seeing nothing. When I turned the light off, he was back by the mirror again and started towards me again. Again I panicked and turned on the light. This happened twice more and again I kept telling myself I was imagining it and turned off the light again. The fifth time he came a lot faster, and I curled into a ball on couch trying to will the image away. At that point he was right by the couch. I was still trying to tell myself it wasn't real, but then I saw him raise his hand, as if he wanted to hit me really hard. That proved too much and I panicked, turning on the light and running for it.

As I mentioned, the hall from the living room leads to the kitchen and the stairs to the second floor where the others were are beside the kitchen. As I ran through the kitchen, I noticed a group of men sitting around the table, apparently playing cards. That froze me for a moment before my fear of what might be behind me took over again. I bolted up those stares like Speedy Gonzales if he'd consumed a year's worth of sugar and caffeine in a few minutes. My brain just kept screaming at me to get to my friends, I'd be safe if I got upstairs and to the room where they were. As fast as I must have been running it still felt like that short distance took forever to run.

Once I was in the room with my friends, I started to calm down a bit. I thought about waking them up, but I was afraid of being laughed at since I didn't know how they would react. My other friend who I knew could see spirits and had seen our friend's "imaginary" friend was there. She'd believe me, but I didn't know about the others. Not wanting to have to put up with the drama if the others didn't believe me, I curled up on the floor next to the bed since there wasn't enough room. Box spring and mattress were right on the floor so I put my back against that in some faint hope that nothing could sneak up on me that way. I almost wish I hadn't though, because that meant I was facing the closet, where I saw the girl sitting. Thankfully she didn't seem to want anything from me, and somehow, probably collapsing for sheer exhaustion, I managed to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up to my friend stepping on my ribs as she got out of bed, much to her confusion since none of them expected me to be up there. I remember at first I made up some dumb excuse for why I came up, but when we were alone, my friend who I knew would believe me and the friend who's house we were at, pulled me aside, apparently not believing my excuse. I tried to make it seem like I'd just had a bad dream, and unable to think of anything I else I pretended I didn't remember much, just a girl in a closet that creeped me out. At this the two of them exchanged a weird look.

"You mean the girl in guest room closet?" they asked me. At that point I decided to tell them a bit more. I mentioned the men in the kitchen but left out the fact that they played cards. "Yeah, they're there almost every night. They play poker or something" was the response I got from them.

I didn't know whether to be relieved or scared. If the girl and the men were really there, then what about the man? I couldn't bring myself to tell them about the man that had scared me so badly though, at least not then when it was still so fresh in my memory. Eventually, awhile later, I somehow got it out of them that the sister had played around with Ouija boards and what all the kids in my home town claimed was Wicca, which it wasn't really, when it was the big fad. Of course the worst part was that all these spirits, including the one that followed my friend, seem to have appeared as a result of this. I felt sick to my stomach when I heard this, especially knowing how our classmates treated it like it was all just some game, something they could do for laughs without consequences.

I've heard stories from family and trusted friends of awful things happening when Ouija boards were involved. You couldn't pay me to touch one of those. I hate them, they scare me and I refuse to use them. I've never heard of any good coming out of using them and I'm sorry but I think it's plain stupid to mess around with them. Few things irritate me more than people messing around with things they don't fully understand and don't realize the possible consequences of. Look at this case alone. My friend's sister seemingly let loose God only knows what in her house by fooling around. With what I got from that man who came from the mirror, I wouldn't be surprised if she opened a portal.

I don't know what's in that house. I don't want to know what's in that house. I haven't been there since and I have no intention of going back. I don't even like going by that street anymore. I wish I could forget what I saw there but I can't. Like I said, I'm not even really that close to the friend who lives there anymore. At first I felt kind of guilty since she kept inviting me to come over after school, but I refused to set foot in the actual house. The closest you could get me was the walkway going up to the house. I invited her to my house several times, but she was rather introverted even when we were close and didn't really like going to other people's houses or other places, so unfortunately we started to grow apart. I'm not sure if the problem ever was resolved but I'm not exactly sure how to ask, "Hey, remember that creepy as hell ghost problem you had at your house? Did that ever get fixed?" doesn't exactly seem like the best approach.

Unfortunately, her mom is the overly religious yet doesn't believe in spirits or ghosts somehow. I don't know how anyone could even approach her about having the house cleansed, not to mention I don't know how the spirits would react. The men playing cards don't seem to be harming anyone, but I'm worried about why the girl is hiding in the closet, and I'd have to be crazy to think that spirit/man thing had good intentions.

As bad as I feel for coming up with excuses not to go there, I can't go back. I don't feel safe there, and one of the spirits there made it quite clear what he thought of my presence there. I don't want to provoke it and I don't want it to decide to follow me if it can. For a while I was so scared and didn't know what else to do so I put dream catchers on all the mirrors in my house, since I've heard stories of spirits traveling by mirror. If they were true I wasn't taking any chances. It's been four years and I still don't like seeing mirrors in dark rooms because I'm afraid I'll see him again.

Other hauntings by lunamaria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lunamaria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lunamaria (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
bizzjoe I'll take that as a compliment. I'm a post secondary student interested in journalism, so I'm taking a lot of courses that involve writing. I get a lot of feed back and practice. That said however, I assure you this story is true.

A general update for everyone, I recently ran into the girl who lived in this house while home on break. She's couldn't take it any moved out awhile ago, and she's looking a lot healthier and happier. She said she feels a lot better now that she's left, a lot more energetic and far less anxious. Whatever it was that had been following her also seems to have left her.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
great story... Well told... Easy to follow... It was so well written, I wonder if you just copied it from a book...? Oh well who cares... Good story anyway.
tye35 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Lunamaria if I were you, I would have asked your fiend's sister what that man wanted. But I can relate to your demon problem. I used to go to school in lubbock and it was halloween. My friend sage's mom was trying to invite a nice spirit to come to her house, but instead she invited a demon named taios callientes which possessed my friend until we could name and forever prevent her from returning and fulfilling the devil's promise to his demons. She took many souls, not lives. She made the mistake of trying to take my little brothers sou
demonic_harmony97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Wow!...Such an interesting experience. I have some questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering, they might help to build a stronger guidance to a conclusion, maybe.
1) How did the imaginary friend behave towards your friend? Like, did he bring harm to her, did he bother her, or was he just watching her moves?
2) Does your friend know it's real and not imaginary?
3) Have you ever experienced any phenomena before this event?
4) Have you experienced anything since the event?
If you could answer my questions, I may be able to provide some further suggestions. I wish you luck:) ❤
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Lunamaria, of course the house was a little bit 'off'
If you could see the imaginary friend! If I saw my friend's 'imaginary' friend, I would have run like hell! From the beginning of the story I thought it was the sister that played with fire (ouija board)!
Don't worry about ghosts in mirrors, you haven't opened yourself to them. Put this behind you, and live a normal fear free life. Stay away from that house and let the sister feel responsible for her family she endangered by playing with those horrible things. Good luck to you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: