You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Gates Of Hell The Kasey Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Gates Of Hell The Kasey Cemetery

 

My experience with the gates of hell has been a very eye opening and somewhat amazing experience that is hard to believe even happened in the series of events that it did. I believe all things happen for a reason, and the syncronicity of these events have even further convince me that this is true.

Me and three friends decided to go to the cemetery one night just out of boredom. Problem is I had taken some klonopins before we left (I won't go into it but reality is when I take those I become possessed) or as others would say, blacked out and remembered nothing about the experience of going there that night with my three friends.

Fast forward to a few nights later I'm outside talking on the phone walking around my driveway. All of a sudden I see something I will never forget. A green ball of light appeared very close to me in the air. It was there only for a brief moment however it got my attention. I mentioned it to a couple people and dismissed it as something strange that I just happened to catch a glimpse of.

Well a few days later one of the three friends calls out of nowhere and asks if I want to go back to the gates of hell, and I did want to because I had no memory of going the first time and really wanted to see it. So we go during the day, nothing strange happened I just took a few pictures and we left.

This however caused me to sort of become a lil hooked on the place so I looked into the history and lure of the cemetry. And what caught my eye was the fact that one of the biggest ghost stories of what is witnessed at the gates of hell is a GREEN ORB that flies upward and away. Since this matched what I saw (except mine sort of went downward then dissipated) me and my friend decided to go again this time at 3am.

It was very foggy and the feel and energy of the moment really was coming together but I couldn't believe what happened next. We were ten minutes or so away from reaching the gates of hell when me and my friends conversation led to her telling me that on the first night we had originally went, the night I have no memory of even to this moment, she tells me the most important part of this whole situation. She says while I was possessed high on the klonopins that I was going around bashing tombstones, knocking them over and trying to destroy the graveyard. I have made the mistake on klonopins for years in the past and know that when I hear these types of stories that its true and my demon was in control. But this put the story together.

I disrespected the tombstones at the gates of hell cemetery so the GREEN ORB followed me home and made sure it got my attention! I realize this ten minutes before we are about to be there! This went from what was going to be a cool ghost hunt attempt, to all of a sudden me taking very seriously that all things happen for a reason and I needed to make peace with whatever I pissed off.

We got there and it was dead silent. We parked the car, and turned it off. Fog surrounded the car for a bit as I sat inside and observed my surroundings. While I was concerned with physical people or physical in general (I read about rituals being done there, or stories of "rednecks" chasing people off) the fog surrounded the car and slowly disappeared as if the fog observed and checked us out.

When I finally stepped out the car the fog was completely gone and it was dead silent. My friend was terrified lol so she stayed in the car. I actually had my head on straight with no fear at all, which I am proud that I managed to do this. I wanted to try and make things right with whatever GREEN ORB type entity that was trying to get my attention at my house, which I assume was a sign of anger and disappointment.

(When I research what the color green is supposed to mean in terms of orbs its says friendly, and healing. However it seems to be based off the aura colors so probably not correct. Would be awesome if anyone knows if there is a reason for it being green)

So I felt I needed to put out the energy of love, and asking for forgiveness. However in the middle of me trying to explain myself I started to hear something moving in the woods. You have to understand it was dead silent. Then the footsteps breaking the sticks in the woods moved towards me and since I was unarmed and unprepared for any sort of conflict I went quickly to the car and told my friend to get the out of there.

She kind of drove a little wild trying to get out of there as she was startled however we got out safe and sound. She did however mention feeling a presence that was attached to the car. I didn't feel anything.

As I researched a little more I noticed something that is called the spook, who runs people off from the gates of hell which I figure seems to be what happened. I am worried that I may not have done or finished whatever I was supposed to do too fix the situation. I can only pray that everything has worked out the way it was supposed to. My late night tip, don't mess with the Gates of Hell the Kasey Cemetery in Elizabethtown Ky.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, illuminati33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ALA715 (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Okay, I don't want to make this sound like a lecture but it may. I'm not so sure about you being "possessed" while on a benzo because they are a very serious medication and not to be trifled with. There are many cases of good decent people in prison for murder while blacked out.
I believe that ghost hunting with your ability impaired is bad news. You need to go back during the day and apologize andask for forgiveness!

Good Luck!
RAM1500 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I just got back from their it was freaky even during the day I saw all the broken grave stones and acully I want to go back again soon because it was so weared some of the grave stones had teddy bears on them still and its just so freaky its awesome.
castle_scarlet (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
This is a place to comment and help others with their situation, not talk to them like they're junkies. I am a recovering addict myself. I think we should show him support and help him with his Orb issue, which I am looking into, and not talk about his addiction. For one its nobodys business and two, grow up... Not everyone can be perfect and act perfect. NOT EVEN YOU! After reading those rude comments I had to register just to take up for this boy. Its pretty bad adults criticize this young guy because he did a pill. I can understand young immature teenagers who hasn't experienced a high. But can any "honest" adult say they never took a pill or smoked anything that altered their reality? If so, good job faker. Illuminati33, yes drugs have side effects, but it also depends on how many you did and how long after you seen the orb before you went in because it takes up to 30 minutes to feel anything off the pill. So that said, I believe you did see something.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
much better to be ignorant- ignorance is freedom as far as that goes... But it really is a valium, or at least from the same family... Which are known as benzodiazapine.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Thanks Pjod, I'd ask what the heck a benzo is but we're just going around in circles. 😆 DARE to be drug free and proud, and ignorant like me!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Kpins are a benzo. For short. The same family as valium and xanax. These things will black you out and turn you into a completely different person with no memory of things said and done. The other side effect? People can't stand to be around you after you consume it- unless of course they also partake.
Not lecturing here- just stating fact.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
And just what the heck is a klonopin? It sounds like Jewish bowling to me...
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Kudos on the honesty. It's not very nice to smash people's graves, but I can relate to doing things you normally wouldn't while on klonazepam. I was prescribed that when I was in my early twenties and realized pretty quickly that I could no longer take those safely. They made me into an entirely different person, especially if I consumed alcohol in any amount.

Benzos can also cause seizures (during which some people see balls of light). Consider it a hard lesson learned and perhaps consider returning during the day some time and fixing the place up a bit, leaving a flower on each grave, or just clearing brush off of covered stones.

Take care

~S
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Seriously doubt you were possesed whilst you were on the klonopin. Either way I'm glad you apologised for your actions, I won't go any further regarding that.

What I would like to know is where this ghost story of the Gates of hell was found? I would like to have a read of it myself if you can point me in the direction.

Hope your later actions have proved succesfull.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
illuminati33 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
First off I wasn't under the influence of anything when I saw the green ball of light. Second, this graveyard has been vandalized for years there are no caretakers. All the tombstones are from the 1700's you cannot read the names on any of them. Its out in the middle of nowhere some of the tombstones are already laying on the ground broken apart. There are candles and dead bones of animals laying around everywhere because of others who do ritual sacrifice there. How about people stop judging the actions that were a mistake and offer some real advice or knowledge you may have about the situation I have found myself in. I won't go into the possession issue as that is not something I need advice about I fully am aware of how that process works and if you would like to better know about it perhaps I will write another story explaining that. I am with this story more concerned about how to correctly make amends with the situation as I would have never of done any of these things on purpose, my intentions were never for any of this to happen. Does anyone know how to make amends the right way or know anything about green balls of light of spirits or if I have any serious thing to worry about. I don't need perfect people who never make mistakes judging me on the mistakes of what happened.
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
lol I'm not going to lecture you like most of these people feel the need to do, all I'm going to say is that is pretty sweet that you got to see that orb.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Well, you knew possession can happen when taking drugs... And it did. In other words, you got what you asked for.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Im a little confused as to why you would take a drug that you think causes you to become "possessed" and then visit a graveyard of all places? Sorry but it sounds as though to me that you were deliberately looking for trouble...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Oh yes. Everyone of the posters before me is absolutely right. Be thankful you aren't sitting in a jail cell for what you did. Or worse yet, the Morgue.
All you seem worried about is some phantom light?
Unbelievable...
My heart and prayers go out to all those who have loved ones buried there.

Jav
ngute80 (220 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I agree with everything the other posters said. I bet you weren't expecting to be called out on being incredibly rude and childish by trashing a cemetery In a blackout high. And its astonishing how your so nonchalant about it. Like its normal to take drugs and knock over gravestones.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
illuminati33 - I agree with Moongrim. Not only do you owe an apology to the dead, but you seriously need to make amends for what you did. It doesn't matter that you were under the influence, you vandalized the cemetery. I think I would do some serious begging for forgiveness (to both the living and dead) and offer my services to the caretakers, as Moongrim suggested, to help make up for what you did.

Seriously? Lay off the drugs. Especially when you know what happens to you when you take them. 😐
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Perhaps a better effort towards redemption would be to approach the cemetary caretakers and ask to be forgiven for knocking over the headstones and to redeem yourself by working there helping to repair the damage you caused.

Not to mention that Klonopin has as some of it's side effects- hallucinations.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam
RainLilly (36 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
You may want to look into the side effects of klonopin. It can affect memory and cause mood swings. I don't believe you are "possessed," it just sounds like side effects of the medication. There is no demon, just some side effects.
It's good that you tried to apologize for disrespecting the cemetery. Hopefully the apology has been accepted and all is well. Take this as a learning experience, and don't make any ghost hunting attempts after having to take medication. It's always best to go into an investigation clear headed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: