You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Phantom Mom

Real Ghost Stories

My Phantom Mom

 

I haven't seen a ghost in my entire life, nor do I wish seeing one. I've experienced quite a few things that are unexplainable, but I don't really associate them with ghosts right away, because I don't want to scare myself. Such "unexplainable things" would be sliding windows opening by itself (no wind can do that!), or I would hear someone (or something) tapping on the wall.

I live on the 3rd floor of a 3-story house, and have also heard a lot of creepy stories about it. My aunt (owner of the house) would see a kid running around, an old lady at the 2nd floor, a shadow of a man by the kitchen and so on and so forth.

What I'm about to tell you in this story were experienced by my friends after staying at my house for a few minutes.

After a night of having fun, 3 of my friends (one of them is currently my boyfriend and can see ghosts) decided to drop by at my house for coffee and so that they could also make sure that I'm safely home.

'Twas around 3am, we haven't been drinking for about an hour or so, so we were kind of sobered up. They stayed at the living room (right next to our living room is a hallway that will lead you to 2 doors, one on the left leads to our bedroom and one on the right is unoccupied), and I told them to wait for me because I was going to pee before I fix a cup of coffee for each of them.

I heard them silently laughing, they were afraid that they might wake my mom and my kids up, as they were all soundly asleep. And then they went silent.

I got out of the bathroom and found them gone, I ran to the door and I saw them driving away. They had opened the car window and I saw them looking up at me, so I gave them the finger for leaving without even telling me.

That morning, I asked them for an explanation, as to why they just left like that. They told me, but the details were mostly given by my boyfriend, that they had heard someone walking in the hallway and thought that it was my mother. They all ran out of the house and drove away. As they were driving away, they were looking up at me, so that they could wave bye-bye. They said that when they saw me waving my middle finger at them, a middle aged lady was right beside me, arms across her chest giving them a sly look, wearing clothes that's indistinguishable.

I told them when I got out of the bathroom, no one was there, everyone was still asleep, and when I saw them drove away, there was no one beside me. My mom was sleeping soundly, and there was nobody else awake at that time, aside from me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, feonna1927, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anubis_return (22 posts)
-3
6 years ago (2018-04-20)
This story was definitely funny! But good on you mate!

Lady-glow: ❤
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Hey! That sounds scary to me -.- I can sense spirits and ghosts too, I've had some scary experiences one or two, I guess your house is haunted, have you seen or felt anything or anyone inside your house other than your parents and stuff? Maybe your friends really freaked out and decided to leave when they saw or heard the lady in your house, maybe she didn't want them there, like you said you guys were boozing and stuff maybe she didn't like it and wanted them to leave? Try looking up the history of the place, the part of the woman standing next to you in that state scared the hell out of me 😨 😭
feonna1927 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Thanks for reading my story!

[at] rookdygin: Thank you for your insight! Yeah, you might be correct, the tapping might've been caused by a creeter or something. But the window? Its slides from left to right, a screen window, it's lightweight, not the kind that you can slide sideways easily, so if you want to move it, someone would have to exert force.

There were times that stray dogs would stop in front of the house and howl like crazy, its more annoying than creepy. And I would sometimes feel the hair at back of my head standing. But I just ignore it. Some people say that if you show them that you're scared, its more likely that they will let their presence known.

Thank you again!:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
feonna,

I wonder if your mother didn't 'project' herself while she was sleeping. She may have unconsciously had an 'Out of Body' experience and rather than waking up to tell your friends to be quiet she instead managed to Scare the Hades out of them.

While I can't speak for the 'sightings' in your home I can maybe offer an idea/explanation concerning the Window sliding open and the scratching in the walls.

The scratching in the walls could have been a critter of some kind... It may have been just passing through, but it could have been a small mammal non the less.

As far as the window goes, depending on the type of windows and in some cases the age of the windows they are built with a counter weight that rides up and down inside the sash (window frame) if the conditions are right (Humidity and such) it can allow the weights to 'pull open' the window.

Just a couple of ideas. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Your story is creepy and funny.
I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences.

😆 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: