You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Grandmother's Ring

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Ring

 

My Grandmother passed away very recently but I wanted to share this story now. My Grandmother wasn't doing very well for the past year. She was diagnosed with Dementia and went down hill very quickly. After Christmas (2011) she had a stroke and was having problems with talking and movement. She lost a lot of weight and I could tell the time was near for her to die. She had been moved from her assisted living apartment to nursing care, so a week before she actually died my Mom and I started working on cleaning out her apartment since you only had 8 days after someone died where she lived to move out.

My Mom told me I was supposed to inherit a Blue sapphire and diamond dinner ring that my grandmother always wanted me to have. So we searched through all of her jewelry to find it and found nothing. A few days later after visiting with my grandmother I again went to my grandmother's apartment with my Mom to help her pack things. This time we pulled all the jewelry out of every drawer and jewelry box we could find and again no sign of the ring. My Mom and I both assumed the ring was lost or thrown away (my Grandmother with her Dementia would sometimes throw stuff out). I instead found a cheap ring I always remembered my Grandmother loved and took that to wear to remember her by. She passed away a few days later.

My Mother's sister came by my grandmother's apartment days later to go through my Grandmother's things to see what she wanted (I will get to why I mentioned this in a minute) and took a bunch of things. Now my grandmother did not live in this apartment for the last month of her life. It has been locked up and only the head nurse has a key to it. The only people who have been in this room is my Mom, brother, my Aunt and myself.

So the next day after my Aunt came to take some of my Grandmother's things my Mom returned to the apartment since she had to take care of some paper work where my Grandmother lived. She stated after having the door to the room unlocked she walked over to the dresser and noticed a ring box sitting on the dresser. She didn't remember seeing this before and decided to look in it. When she opened the box there was the diamond and blue sapphire ring.

My Mom called me right away very emotional and told me what happened. The nurses state they hadn't been in the room. My Mom and I BOTH looked all over for this ring and couldn't find it (there was nothing on the dresser when we were there). My Aunt went through everything and didn't find this (she would have taken it if had been there). So the question is where did the ring come from? My Mom and I both think my grandmother wanted to be sure I got it.

Other hauntings by paigeinabook

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paigeinabook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
aww ❤ such a cute story! She hid it from your aunt cause she wanted you to have it, I'm sure it was your grandmother who did that as she wanted her precious grandchild to have her ring 😁
*hug*
aman_yooo (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
That is very sweet story, it really touched my heart, I am really happy that she gave you her prized possesion.
paigeinabook (3 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Thank you all for your comments. I was truly amazed when this happened and felt my Grandmother wanted to be sure I got the ring. I wear it most days now to remember her by.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-25)
paigeinabook - there isn't a doubt in my mind that your grandmother put that ring there. I'd be the last person to tell you not to believe that. 😉

I'm guessing she hid it in a very safe place from your aunt to make sure you got it. And then made sure herself that you did. ❤

Great story.
jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
That was a beautiful experience. It touched my heart, and am glad you got your grandmother ring.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Well there you go you anserd your own question. I think it is great that your grandmother did it that way she knew your aunt would take that ring what a sweet way of safe guarding it for you. Thank you for taking the time to share such a special story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: