You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Haunted Ring

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Ring

 

This event took place about 3 years ago, my mother had just purchased a ring from a new age store called Earth Bound, and shortly after she experienced very weird things.

One night my mother was sleeping in her bed when she woke up and noticed a girl standing at the end of the room next to her closet. The girl was wearing a long white dress that went down to her ankles and she had long black hair that covered her drooping head, yes, very stereotypical I know.

When the girl noticed her she floated towards my mom moving very fast. When my mom looked at her face, her eyes were like black holes, her mouth was the same. Suddenly the hole for her mouth opened wide as if she was screaming at my mother, my mom jumped back and turned the light on and she disappeared, this went on for about a month she said.

I for some reason paid this no mind despite the fact I am very fascinated by the unseen world, I personally wish I would have took interest in it when it happened. Lots of strange events happened because of that ring; for example when my mom would be in her car she would realize the mirror would be directly pointing at her face, the car mirror is very sturdy and does not move mind you so this was very weird indeed. She was almost hit by cars multiple times also.

After a while my mom decided to try throwing it away, this worked for about a week, there were no encounters at all during this period of time, however after that week had ended the girl came back. My mother was searching through her jewelry box one day and saw something, the ring she had thrown away was sitting there on top of all her other rings.

After that my mother and sister decided that they would put the ring in a bag of salt and throw it away, hoping that would rid the spirit for good. The spirit never has returned to this day, however I cannot help but wonder what will happen if the ring is freed from that bag, will the girl return, or will it find a new person to haunt?.

Other hauntings by BravelyKegger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BravelyKegger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-04-15)
thank you guys for all your comments!, personally I am a christian and believe in demons and not ghosts, but I find it interesting how the salt managed to repel the spirit for good.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-09)
BravelyKegger - I have read your response to Aros: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27547

What are your feelings now regarding your mother's experience? You seem to have undergone a rather significant change in attitude since you submitted this story three short months ago.

Being a devout Christian doesn't come into the equation as far as supernatural events are concerned. Also, people experience paranormal events at any time of the day or night.

Why do you classify anything which is paranormal as being demonic? Who have you been listening to? Good spirits abound.

Are you suggesting that a demon was haunting your mother because of the ring? I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I cannot imagine that salt (which you say your mother used) would rid anybody of a full-blown demon. There's a difference between a negative entity and a demon.

I'm not criticising you because of your belief system but I was rather surprised to note how you seem to have undergone a metamorphosis since posting your mother's experience and your reply to Aros.

Regards, Melda
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
Hi Macknorton,

Yes, apporting is a very fascinating phenomenon, the presentation I'd watched involved a certified scientific based paranormal debunking team of which basically had the green light to scrutinise the seance with all of their technique and resources.

From memory they did this for at least a full week, the most interesting account was when one of the team were invited by spirit to sit at the table where the two mediums where both in a trance.

A crystal object perhaps a couple of sizes up from a marble appeared hovering over the table.

The researcher was asked by spirit to reach out and feel the object. On the first occasion, the object was solid.

On the second occasion the researcher reached out to find the object was completely hollow of any solid mass?

This spirit of whom last lived as a scientist then explained to the researcher, that this is basically how our reality is.

Our reality (in my words) is constructed through the power of consciousness interacting with the tools of the mind and our thought based universe that gives us the macroscopic illusion of solidity.

This spirit talking to the researcher is only pointing out what
Neil Bhor, Robert Lanza, Donald Hoffman and many others are claiming.

Time and Space are just tools of the mind we use to give us the illusion of a physical matrix... Consciousness is not a by product of brain tissue, microtubles and neurons although granted not proven beyond all reasonable doubt?... The double slit experiment in my opinion, is the strongest evidence we have in my view of supporting the claim.

If the brain created consciousness, I doubt there would be an after life at all, we would perish with the body. Terminal lucidity is another phenomenon that goes along way in supporting what I'm surmising.

Regards!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
Hi Auzziedaz et al,

I read this thread with interest. The phenomenon of apporting (possibly not the correct term / tense or spelling - sorry) is fascinating isn't it?

I read an interesting account whereby in a carefully controlled séance, spirits present were able to not only apport a wide range of items into the room but they were able to pass them (including a large bunch of flowers) directly through, unscathed, the (apparently) solid table in the room. Unfortunately I don't have at hand the specific details of where and when, this occurred.

I did kind of find it amusing as the Spirits were, to me, showing off a bit, but also demonstrating that our "reality" isn't that real after all, but a vibrating, malleable construct that seems to be able to be messed with when you know how.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
AugustaM

Tulpa does suggest a being or object can be brought into our reality by spiritual and mental powers... Perhaps those items of bad energy you had were related to the phenomenon?

The other phenomenon worth mentioning here relates to "paranormal Apport" where spiritual beings on the other side can transport items into a room generally where their loved ones are.

I watched a link back yonder where two mediums under scientific control were in a room where articles sometimes dated back 50 years appeared (just dropped into the room?). The sceptics in this link ruled out trickery they even hired a magician to try and replica the event with no success.

In the same link, in a town in Italy from memory? An elderly man who was able to communicate with the spirits via a radio in a room packed with mostly mothers who had lost their children... At one point they were showered by an Apport of items that belonged to their deceased children.

It was Quite pro-founding to watch and hard to believe made up when seeing the joy on the mothers faces when talking about the items that came through?

Anyway, as we live in a what physicist refer to as a mathematical universe of potential energy, I'm wondering if that's another way of saying we live in a universe where anything is possible?

Regards!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
On a side note, my son and I saw two people in a ghost car basically disappear in broad daylight, as an observation, when Telly mentions he didn't hear the car pull up, that was something I'd noticed about my own account.

There was no engine or tyre noise.

Regards.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
AugustaM

Yes, it's quite possibly a real person caught on video, as I stated previously, they'd interviewed the two guys who owned the drone and they did seem genuine with in their claim it wasn't staged.

Putting that aside, this white dressed lady with black eyes seems to be an emerging phenomenon alas this story posted here.

Flesh and Blood spirits interacting as physical? Watch this link... Either Telly Savalas is making this up for kicks or it's a valid account!

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axdkv0_kJZQ&t=6s

Regards Daz
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-07)
The phenomenon you are describing, Aussiedaz, sounds very much like a "tulpa." A being essentially willed into being by thought.

I saw the program you mentioned (I think you can still find the episodes in Amazon Prime) and there were some compelling possible paranormal entities caught on tape but I thought that one in particular looked suspiciously like a woman coming out of the trees... Maybe lost... Maybe a mental patient... Maybe just the village eccentric - but she seemed very flesh and blood to my husband and I. I think this is the video here:
Https://youtu.be/za4nOvt99YE

I have had new items give off bad vibes too - not quite sure how it happens. I was given a small reproduction "Egyptian" (quotes because it was probably made in China) scarab and that darn thing packed a wallop of bad luck! That's been years ago now so I've not the foggiest notion what happened to it. Interestingly, these days my world is chock FULL of second hand items from the clothes we wear to our furniture, TV, dishes, decorations...heck, even our cats - and I have never had any sort of energy come off of any such item. Really very strange!

It was a bit of quick thinking to stick that ring in salt! I think Biblio is right that, by doing that, you broke the cycle and ended the haunting.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-04)
Bravely, thanks for sharing. There's some fascinating theories discussed here. I've been puzzled often at the amount of long haired girl in white nighty encounters people have.
Spirits can get attached to anything, new or old. But it is on the unusual side for something to be attached to something so new. Glad it's behind you all now.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-02)
TLV_11,

Thank you again for the title of the book I'm having a bo peep right now, what an interesting woman who lived to 101 and was understudied by the likes of Alan Watts of whom in his own right, is a legend in philosophy.

Yes, I am familiar with the story relating to the tribe who couldn't see the European ships, although I didn't know the local Shaman's were able to see them. That may be evidence supporting the deception of reality at the hand of consciousness and the thought base universe?

I'm wondering if that's the same deal when it comes to UFO sightings? Perhaps as a culture of domesticated human beings... Who have been brain washed into believing we are alone in the universe, we are not yet ready to bring them into our reality so we block them out?... Although in saying that, the Phoenix Lights were seen by 10 thousand people and apparently the object was about a mile wide, so maybe not.

Anyway, All the best to you too for the new year and thank you for your kind remark, I do appreciate it.

Regards,

Apology to the Author for hijacking your wall, getting a little off topic.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-01)
To aussiedaz, no problem, I believe the book is 'Magic & Mystery in Tibet'', an old book, which explores magic and mysticism on a trip she took to Tibet. I also have heard of accounts that here in America centuries ago when the first European ships arrived to explore and settle here, that the Indians could not 'see' them. The ships were outside their belief system, and were quite literally invisible to them. Apparently the shamans and medicine men could see the ships however, I believe due to their expanded beliefs as was required by their role in the tribe. The shamans and medicine men 'enlightened' the tribe to the existence of these ships and then they could be seen. Fascinating stuff and it certainly speaks to the power of the mind and lends more credence to the law of attraction as well.

I do always enjoy reading your comments aussiedaz and the explanations/theories and links you put forth. They add a depth to these encounters which make them even more enjoyable!

We may never know all the answers but the great mystery is part of the fun!

Have a good new year!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-01)
TLV_11

Thank you for the heads up on Alexandra David-Neel,I may go research her work, I also believe Carl Jung had some pretty interesting theories relating to the same concept with UFO abductions.

It is a scientific fact that we construct reality with in the wall of our brains, the only thing our eyes can see is light... As we still don't understand the nature of consciousness, we can't yet explain phenomenons like the Metaphysical, Sleep Paralysis, Poltergeist, old hag, etc however,

If consciousness is fundamental to our reality as many theoretical physicist suspect it is, then our thoughts must play a huge part in what we create and interact with. Just about everything we see started out in someone's imagination?

This also in my view explains how we survive physical death, mind don't belong to body, body belongs to mind.

Regards!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-01)
Yes aussiedaz, your theory does seem plausible, there is a phenomenon I believe called Tulpa, where such beings can be created using a mental construct, visioning and belief. Alexandra David-Neel wrote a book where she described using the process to create a monk, however over time the monk took on a personality of his own, even his physical appearance changed. She actually had to reverse the process to get rid of him and it apparently wasn't easy. Of course it is not proven. It provides an interesting perspective and if true it may explain things like Big-Foot or the Loch-Ness monster and why such beings seem to disappear or have never been captured. If enough belief is actually utilized to generate these 'beings' then perhaps on a more humorous note (perhaps not) that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny may also exist. Anyways an aside to your story BravelyKegger, and not an attempt to hijack your thread. It was a great read and perhaps these theories/explanations provide another reason behind what you saw.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-29)
If your account is true along with these two dudes capturing this woman on video, I have a theory that might explain both the old hag syndrome and the girl from that ring movie who crawled out of the well and into the minds of millions of people across the planet (of which me thinks is the culprit to this new phenomenon)?...if it's truly happening?

Back in 1984, I had an experience with the old hag, she had two cracks at me on that night and on both occasions, I basically refused to believe it was real of which completely took her power away from basically frightening me to death, because on both of these accounts... They seemed physical and I was wide awake, I wouldn't wish them on anyone, (well maybe my bank manager,lol)

Note: removing the fear played a major role in collapsing the experience. I know of two other people close to me of whom had a similar experience among a few other dozen stories shared on here over the years.

I believe, along with quite a number of theoretical physicist, we create reality as we go (Neil Bhor being the most famous)... What separates normality, the metaphysical, mental illness, the old hag syndrome and now what's seems to be the girl from the ring movie, comes down to the mass consciousness on the planet and what we construct into our daily lives and accept as rational, vrs a smaller mass of consciousnesses believing in their nightmares.

Our universe at it's base is information, so I guess if enough people have the same nightmare or believe in an Urban myth, it may be possible to create that myth and put it into the universe like stored data where they can be triggered by certain events and accessed via a certain state on mind?

The old hag syndrome may well have been created back in the 1500's when they used accuse people of being witches?

Quite possibly the people of that time left their imagination into the print of the universe for others to tap into if conditions are right?

We seem to accept the science behind a poltergeist relating to the link between human emotions, Fear etc... The house coming to life?

Your mother may have bought into this experience sub consciously, by believing in a ring
She bought from a store called Earth bound? How appropriate.

Yep, get rid of the ring and back in line with the mass consciousness.

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
BK.

Even if they don't remember your mom and they are new employees, perhaps they remember/have heard of some strange events that happened around the time the ring was at the premises?

Also, do you know if your mother was wearing the ring during the times she almost got into car accidents? Does this mean that the other drivers were under the spirit's malevolent influence or, in case something would had happened, would she had been the one at fault?
I'm just trying to understand if the ring had an impact on people not under direct contact with it.
I know it would be near to impossible to trace all the places and people that were close to the ring between the time it was made and the day your mom bought it: warehouses, mean of transport, dealers, etc. It would be interesting to know if anyone ever saw her.

I hope your theory about someone putting a curse on the ring is wrong... Just imagine the havoc that could happen if any number of "made in China" items were cursed before reaching the consumers... (shudder!)

Anyway, it seems like hollow eyes girl is gone for good.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
BravelyKegger

Only last week I watched this paranormal episode on television (of which I rate) where they had footage of a woman in a white dress with long black hair, dark eyes standing on the edge of a condense forest among hectares of land in broad daylight caught by a drone of which belonged to these two gentlemen.

Both of these guys were interviewed and seemed genuine and authentic about their experience... Apparently just like the old hag syndrome, there's a phenomenon out there relating to this long black haired woman who gets her rocks off by doing exactly what you have explained in your account.

Regards Daz
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
well it was years ago and I doubt the staff would remember my mom if they even still work there, my theory is someone decided to put a curse on some random ring, possibly the manufacturer, it might have just been a 1 in 1000 chance.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
"ask the staff from the tore"

I mean "ask the staff from the store".
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
Hello BK.

"Well I would imagine it was brand new"

I find it rather strange that a spirit would attach itself to a new, and probably cheap and mass produced, object without a tragic history. Would it be possible to ask the staff from the tore if anything unusual happened before your mother bought the ring?

Too bad your mother didn't offer the ring to Zak Bagans, he probably would love to have such an interesting piece in his personal museum of haunted objects and, with some luck, even had featured your mother's case in an episode of "Ghost Adventures".

Thanks for sharing.
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-28)
Well I would imagine it was brand new, the store is basically a hippie hot topic.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-26)
Those are some pretty scary experiences, to be sure. Was the ring brand new or used/antique? I can't imagine anything would be attached to a new ring but I am curious, nonetheless. I am glad she survived the haunting-it sounds like she may have been headed for a fatal accident at the hands of this spirit if it had gone on longer!
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-24)
that is very reassuring, I would hate for my mom to have to be tormented by the spirit again.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-24)
Greetings, BravelyKegger, and welcome to YGS.

I wouldn't worry about the return of the spirit if I were you. Should someone else find the ring after it had been immersed in salt, the spirit would follow the new owner *if* it hasn't already been exorcized by the cleansing effect of the salt.

You have nothing to fear from these events.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: