You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija, Bloody Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija, Bloody Mary

 

This is a true story that has been happening to me and my friend.

A couple weeks ago we started messing around with Ouija board and doing Bloody Mary chants OVER AND OVER. I don't know if we have been imagining things or not but, just read this and tell me.

So we both did bloody Mary for the first time, and the mirror fell right off the wall! No one was home with us, so it couldn't have been my mom or dad. Then we got out the Ouija board and asked if anyone was with us. My room got freezing. We ran out of the room before anything else could happen. Lately, when I'm home alone I have been hearing footsteps and whispering. I might be imagining it because I love to watch horror movies, and I watch a ton! But in my mom's room, she has this old antique dresser, and every time I walk past it I see a dark shadow. It's in the form of a body wearing a hooded cloak or something.

I know everyone says you're not supposed to do the Ouija board alone but I did do it alone. When I did it, I asked it what it wanted and my room got really cold and I felt a breeze come at my face. Mind you, I have no windows in my room. I have also been hearing scratching in my walls, and footsteps in my attic, which is kind of weird because my attic is closed off.

My friend says that she hears footsteps and voices under her bed and in her closet. She said her dog acts really weird, and he never goes into her room. My dog is now always by my side and whenever I'm in my room with her she barks and growls at nothing.

I think its pretty much over now because I have started praying and wearing a cross on my neck since it has died down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mojave23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-09)
late post again, I know I know get with the times alexs but anyway...

I became very interested in the bloody mary legend a fews years back and believe or not I actually came across many different storys as to who the actual mary of the legend was, id read about king henrys daughter, I read she was mary king of scots and I also read that she was a woman who drowned her own children because jer husband had left her and said that when shes called she comes back to find her children...

Like I said there are many storys of were this legwnd originated but I don't think anyone can ever be 100% sure, and I'm sure every town has there own versions of bloody mary these days 😉
19funsize91 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
To me it sounds like you opened a portal or let something through by not taking the proper precautions. Ouija Boards are more of a portal for evil entities and are best not to be messed with by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Bloody Mary at one time did exist but not in the way the Bloody Mary legend of today is. She was the oldest daughter to the infamous King of England, King Henry VIII. Her actual name is Mary Tudor and she was known for a short yet violent reign of England. She burned many Protestants at the cross in the pursuit of trying to bring Catholicism back as the main faith in England. She never beheaded anyone because of her father having beheaded two of his wives. She later gained the nick name Bloody Mary for the deaths at her hands and even had the Nursery Rhyme "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" written after her tyranny.
The Bloody Mary legend is just a lengend for parties to try and scare individuals.
lovebug (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
I am sorry to tell you this but it might not be bloody mary but the grim reeper trying to kill you and I have read simillar stories. But this is remarkable I have no thinking that bloody mary wears a cloak but did it carry something like a knife or a siph.
LeEarlPearl (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Maybe there was a certain entity/spirit that'd been present at that time, but I'm almost sure it wasn't a bloody Mary. If you don't know the story, Bloody Mary was only nicknamed "Bloody Mary" because she was a violent and cruel queen (who reigned not long before queen Elizabeth). If you summoned her, I hope she doesn't come back to cut off a head 😜 juuuust kidding. But in all seriousness, I hope you've discovered what it really was that you've come into contact with! If not, good luck! 😊
Dollfaceholly (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Here's somethig I don't get... You said "we ran out of the room before anything else could happen" but then you said "i know everone says you are not supposed to do the Ouija alone but I did do it alone" also, why would it be hauting your friend if she didn't play with the ouija? Also, I have don't the bloody mary thing billions of times, lights out in front of a mirror with candles and stuff (also with red wine because people say it helps?) and nothing has happened. Alone or with friends, but that doesn't work. I have had paranormal experiences before, but the bloody mary doesn't work.
SkryptosTheKitsune (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
If this really happened, and it wasn't your mind playing a horrible trick on you, you brought it upon yourself by playing with a Ouija board. If this comes across as mean, I'm sorry. I'm just really blunt and to the point with my opinions.
emehelper12 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
OK,so I know you were scared, and you said that you ran out of the room before anything else could happen, and I don't blame you, I would've been scared too, but you didn't say goodbye and close the session when you should have. Worst case scenario is that the spirit refuses to close the conversation.Anyway,I'm gald it's died down now for yu and thanks for sharing your story! It was a great read!
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Never use a ouija board as long as you know what you are doing

Mev xxx
SafetyTorch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Oh! You live in the same state as me:D Anyway, this sounds pretty creepy and odd. Has anything else creepy happened after this event?
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Did you, by any chance, remember to say "goodbye" before you ran out of the room screaming? If you did manage to open a session and you never shut it by saying "goodbye" on the board, then its most likely still open... Just sayin'.

If you guys are really that nervous about what's been going on, get yourselves a few crucifixes, get a priest to consecrate them, and hang them in the trouble spots where you feel there is the most activity. Get some Holy Water (your priest can supply this) so you can spray it on anything you think might need it. After that, you might want to burn that Ouija Board.

These are things that will help both your fear and the ghosty-things, if there are any. Burning the board will close the gateway, and also stop you from playing with it in the future. Good luck in the future!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Vanilla,

As I, and others, on this particular comments thread were discussing the 'Urban Legend' and /or Paranormal 'Stories' surrounding the Junior High/Middle School 'Legend' of Bloody Mary I did not feel it worth mentioning the Historical Woman who earned that name... But sense you have brought it up she was...

Queen Mary I of England was born February 18, 1516, the daughter of King Henry VIII and his first of six wives, Catherine of Aragon. Who's coronation came on November 30, 1553. Mary first began to earn her unofficial title of "Bloody Mary" when she had her cousin, Lady Jane Grey, executed to prevent any possible power struggle. It is generally believed that Mary might have spared Jane's life if it had not been for the intervention of the Spanish diplomats who conditioned Mary's marriage to their king on her executing Jane.

Mary had always rejected and resented the break with Rome that her father had instituted and his subsequent establishment of the Anglican Church that had flowed from her half-brother's protestantism, and now she tried to turn England back to Roman Catholicism. This effort was carried out by force, and hundreds of Protestant leaders were executed. The first was John Rogers (a.k.a. "Thomas Matthews"), the printer of the "Matthews-Tyndale Bible". His execution was followed by the execution of former Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Cranmer, who was primarily responsible for the printing of the "Great Bible". Hundreds more would follow in Mary's bloody reign of terror. This earned the queen the title of "Bloody Mary". Her reign ended with her death on November 17, 1558 at the age of 42 from uterine or ovarian cancer.

I just thought that a 'history lesson' would detract from the O/P thread. 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
VanillaFrappes (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Hello, this is a response to those saying Bloody Mary is not real and strictly urban legend. I may be the only one who got annoyed with these misconceptions, Bloody Mary was a real person. Elizabeth I, the white queen, had a sister who was on the throne before her. Her name was Mary and her reign was short, and gruesome. She beheaded many people, was the reason for MANY of her subjects deaths, thousands upon thousands died because of her rule. That is how "Bloody Mary" came into play.

Now, after that short history lesson I will announce I agree with most people's reports on how this is most likely imagination.

Blessed be,
Vanilla ❤
BatsuTora (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
either you lied about this whole story or you're a complete idiot who did all the things you're not supposed to do over and over 😐
everybody_derps (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
so I have played with Ouija boards before. Me and my friend spoke to a young spirit of a girl who had drowned a long time ago. After asking her a few questions when said goodbye to her, she said the same, and we closed the board and nothing ever happened after that.

As for the weird things happening, the only one I can share an experience with is the foot steps in the attic. As a child growing up, I am 22 now, every night I would hear creaking in the attic, but not like the house settling, like in a row, similar to footsteps. My family never believed me but I swear there was something up there and it didn't help that the only access to the attic was in my closet.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Mojave,

Bear with me... Questions and observations time...

You say that when you 'called' out Bloody Mary the mirror fell off the wall. What kind of mirror? Was it a hard mounted mirror in your bathroom? Or a small hanging type mirror you and your friend had put up for this 'occasion'?

You then got out and 'played' with a Ouija Board... You attempted to contact a spirit, 'opened the board' and ran out of your room because it got cold? Were you sitting under an A/C vent in your house? Did you close the 'session' or just run out of the room leaving your 'play time' an open connection to the 'other side'?

Those are my questions... Her are my Observations...

It is my guess you 'hung' the mirror and being in a hurry it wasn't hung to securely so it fell not long after you hung it up.

As far a the Ouija board goes, I don't think you know how to use it so no 'gateway' was opened and you and your friend just managed to scare yourselves.

Having said that I'm going to mention what I feel 'may' happen when people call on Bloody Mary...

She is not 'real'...or rather she is a real Urban Legend and as such people approach 'calling her' with many different emotions... Calling her doesn't always have a result... But when it does I 'feel' this is what people may be experiencing...

Spirits/Entities are all around us... Some choose to interact, others are seen by those of us who may be sensitive. Now take a group of individuals... 2 or more works good... Now a passing 'entity' picks up on the emotions/energy of our 'individuals' it 'likes' the fear/anticipation' that it feels and so it stops to 'see' what's going on. Now it begins to interact with these individuals... Taking on the 'aspects' of the 'images' from our 'scared' individuals minds. Having gathered enough 'energy' from our individuals this entity is able to manifest... Thus scaring the 'Bejesus' out of those 'playing' Bloody Mary. This entity really 'enjoys' the surge of energy put out but these individuals as they race from the room so it decides to hang around and 'feed' off of any and all fear it can cause in the life of the individual (s). Now you have an attached 'entity' that enjoys scaring the 'Bejesus' out of people because of the 'energy' produced by the 'nervous energy and fear' 'put out' by these individuals.

Just a theory of my... But in all Reality Mojave I don't think your situation ever got to this point... You and your Friend managed to scare yourselves... Nothing more, nothing less.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
[at] troyarn,
Make mine a double, would you? Oh, and an extra dash of Tobasco please. Thank pal. 😊
[at] Mojave23,
So, you have Bloody Mary in one room and just for giggles, let's say you've got Zozo in the other? Oh wait, they're probably in the same room together, right? Okay! Well, you do have a problem now, don't you?
~Hold on, I need a sip of this... (gulp) Aaah...~
Now, where were we> Oh yeah, BM and Zozo are staying over at your place...wait, doesn't your friend have one of them at her house too?
~Need another sip, excuse me... (gulp gulp) Perfect!~
So, do you guys like, share custody and junk? What do those guys eat? Are they messy? Dude! If one can cook and the other one can clean, you got it made! Where do I get some?
~'Scuse me. (gulp gulp gulp) Hooey! Troyarn, you are a genius!~

Jav 😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
There's only one Bloody Mary that will have any affect on you, and you won't find it in a mirror. As for the board, I'd stay away until you knew what you were doing (for me, this would mean never).

And after reading a few comments, I must say that I don't think this site is just for people needing help. This is a site where people can tell there stories and let others hear them. I've written a few stories on here and never asked for help. I was just relating what happened to me. Everyone have a great weekend.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Do you ahve any idea how dangeous and ouija board is? Don't go playing around with things you don't know about. And Bloody Mary is just a bunch of made up BS.
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I also "played around" with a ouiji board. Though mine were for a difference. I was attempteing to reach my Grandmother. I didn't I reached something REALLY bad. (That story for a different time though) Ouiji's are dangerouse for one simple reasons. Their doors. They open the way for anything that finds you ineresting to come through.

In my sujestion, I'd close that door, QUICKLY! The doors can be closed, it is possible. Though their are different "ways" of doing this the idea is basic. Recend the invitation. If your christian, I sujest bringing a priest,preacher, preastest (whatever called for) With you when you do this.

Also, STOP PLAYING WITH OUIJI BOARDS! That's not a game. You're going to wind up pulling something through that will either hurt you or someone you love.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I'm with herohead.
I know I watched a ton of scary movies as a young teen (and still do)
When I was 12 after watching the exorcist for the first time I could have sworn Linda Blair was going to crawl out of my closet like a spider.
I also around that age (or a little older) for fun used to play around with an Ouija board. Only my friends and I's board always used to tell me to take my top off. (I'm thinking one of my friends was probably a little sexually curious...lol)
Anyways like herohead said the human mind can play mean tricks on us. Imagination and fear can make you see things and hear things that maybe not there.
Stop trying to scare yourself, and don't think about it for awhile and it should all wash away.
CHEERS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Herohead - you know, you're right. After thinking about it, and taking a look at my stories, I don't think I asked for help either. I just wanted to share my experiences too.

My apologies, Mojave23. You have just as much right as I do to have your story submitted for review and possible publication.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I'm pretty much with ZZSGranny on this one!

Be careful what you wish for...
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
After my last experience, I started to see and hear "ghosts" everywhere. Just last night in my car there was a voice from the back seat, it was muffled so I couldn't make out the words. I checked and saw that my wife had got our robot vacum cleaner back from my in-laws, she had just forgot it in the car.
Before I checked I was certain that a ghost was back there:) (im an idiot)

The human mind can play mean tricks on us.

[at] miracles why shouldn't this story be posted even if it is not a problem for the author? He/she is not asking for help, merely our opinion.?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Mojave23: I have to go with "your imagination" as well... Are you so desperate to have a paranormal experience that you'll go to any lengths?...I suggest you stop trying so hard... If you continue to dabble in areas you have no knowledge of, you may, at some point, get exactly what you wish for and it may not be as exciting and wonderful as you hope...

If you're bored clean your room, read a book, or go outside and ride your bike...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I'll tell you one thing. If I found out my kid's were doing this in my home I would be furious.
Quit while you're ahead...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Mojave23 - you asked if we think you were imagining things. I've read this story several times and each time I've read it, I've come to the same conclusion. Yes, I think you are imagining things. I think you want to believe you have a "Bloody Mary" in your home because you want to be scared and because you played with a Ouija board by yourself, knowing "everyone says you aren't supposed to."

I'm not sure why you submitted this story, though, considering everything has "pretty much died down."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: