You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Woke Me Up?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Woke Me Up?

 

I've seen a few ghostly shapes, shadows ect but this is the first time I've experinced something paranoramal that's actually involved being touched.

About 2 years ago I went to stay with my friend Kayleigh as she was getting married that week. I was to share a bedroom with Kayleigh's 3 year old daughter Faith. Faith was to have her bed while I would sleep on the floor, with my head at the foot of a chest of drawers.

Nothing happened the first few nights except for the odd creak or knock. I didn't think anything of them as it was quite an old house.

This particular night, we all went to bed and it was taking me a while to get to sleep as the floor is quite uncomfortable! There is a street light just outside Faith's window so the orange glow lit the room fairly well. Just as I was dropping off, I could feel the room getting colder and it felt like someone was standing over me as I could see a black shape against the orange lighting. I could feel someone blowing on the top of my head. I sat up and looked at Faith who was still fast asleep. No one else was in the room so I can't understand how someone could blow on my head with the chest of drawers in the way.

I mentioned to Kayleigh the next morning what had happened. She told me that her fiance and herself had witnessed some strange events. When I probed her, she said they've felt the floorboards vibrate, they've heard a baby crying but when they've checked on their daughter, they've found her sleeping and on several occasions, they've heard people talking in the sitting room and heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

I really appreciate if someone could tell me their opinions about this encounter, its puzzled me for 2 years!

Thanks for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghost-girl22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

meave (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
hi, this sounds familiar to what happened to me and my cuzzie julliett, last year (we were both 12) her mum was out of town for a week, so I stayed at her place. One night we were up in the attic and we fell asleep, and julliett woke me up by screaming, she told me she could feel something trying to grab her so we run down from the attic (we closed the doors) and we just watched a scary movie (not a very good choice) after a phew minutes the attic door flew open and we got so scared we locked our selves in her room, that kept on happening for a whole week. So you see that's sort of similar to your story
Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Hello ghost-girl!

The dark shape I can't really understand, but about the gust of wind, that can possibly be explained. If this happened during summer maybe, just the act of having one window slightly open can cause drafts all over the house. For example in my house I always have my bedroom window on the open latch, and on windy days this can cause the doors downstairs to bang. It makes me jump a bit but then I remember "the windows!" I wouldn't worry about this. As for the shadow, as long as it doesn't feel or do anything sinister, you should be just fine.
ghost-girl22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Thanks for your opinions guys:)
There was no windows open, air con or fans so nothing to cause the draft...
Jesus_soldier (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Thats a difficult question. Your lucky that I it didn't get attached to you though. They do follow people home. Thanks for sharing
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Hi ghostgirl22,
Difficult to say anything for sure. But as casper suggested, could it be the draft from a window? Also, you mentioned that the street light also lights up the room a bit. Is there a possibility of your experience being sleep paralysis with the light playing some tricks with shadows in the room?
These are just possibilities, and they still don't explain everything your friend spoke about. What else did you find out on speaking to her?
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Wow, that must have been some sleepover! About the feeling of getting blowed on could it of been the draft from an open window? I know its an easy assumption to make but it could also be the most obvious one. Or maybe there was a fan/air conditioning left on? As for the shadow you seen, I have no idea-how big was it? Thanks for sharing.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Hi ghost-girl22, I can't help you, but I can empathise with you. I also had someone/something blow on the back of my head, when there was no way for anyone to get behind me. I was just too close to a cupboard, for anything human to have been there; the force was too great & too concentrated to have been a draft, even had the windows been open. Thankfully, I didn't see an apparition.
Good luck, hopefully, someone else can suggest a solution to your problem.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: