You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Demon Woke Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Woke Me Up

 

The story goes this way...

When I was around 12 years old, my father got a new job, so we moved house to a different city, it was summer, when we moved in the new house, my father bought a pool and the day it was installed something woke me up in my sleep.

My bed was right under a window that opened sideway. My bedroom was in the basement. I went to bed early and fall asleep easy. When suddenly in the middle of the night, I felt like something was on me, enough for me to feel it when sleeping, I woke up, and as I opened my eyes, that thing was on me, imagine a huge lion or tiger, rip off the furs from his body, and you have a bloody cat-like creature, that thing was huge, as big as my single-place bed. I could see this creature's muscles and veins; the end of the tail was very demonic looking, like any normal folklore Satan picture. When I opened my eyes that thing stared at me, I could sense fear in his eyes, it screamed/roared and disappeared dissolving in smoke through the window and slammed it shut like I wasn't supposed to wake up from my sleep.

Still today I can't forget the look or expression on that creature face. I scared it away. In that brief moment, from the moment I opened my eyes, it was the first time I had a true fear of something. I grew up near the forest here in Canada, so I have seen all kinds of wild animals and all, went in the forest at night and all, all kinds of stuff, I wasn't really scared of anything. But what woke me up, I don't know what it was still to this day, but it wasn't from this world. It was scared of me. I don't know what it was, why it was there, why was it scared of me, why vanish through the window so many questions I have in mind about that event.

When I woke up, I had a feeling like this thing was scared, or pissed maybe because he couldn't finish what he was doing or why he was here. I looked on the internet and try to find a portrait of that creature or something that look alike but, I couldn't find anything. I looked on a lot website and never seen anything like what I saw. So if anyone has any clues of what it was or whatever please reply!

Thanks for reading or wasting your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mudvayne819, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kida07 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
I'm thinking it was an incubus as they can come in many shapes and forms.
MeganDear26 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Glad that demon left I wouldn't show my fear I'm hoping it won't come back that is scary please tell more stories I would like to know more about this very interesting story I'm new here I like reading others people stories paranormal just pray to God he will protect you always keep faith in him:) 😲 😁
little-demon (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
hey guys I'm new and I just had things happen to me tell me what to do please.
Morgy232 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
if it happens again put it on here asap so we can help you
Morgy232
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Nice post, I've been skimming this site for such things. I believe I experienced the same "demon" at age 6 or 7. It is very creepy to hear you describe it in such a similar way. The "thing" started towards me while I was dreaming, yet when I awoke it was in the room. I hid under my covers and it curled up on top of me, letting out a yelp and disappearing when I dared to stir under the covers. I was able to move

That was the first of more similar experiences than I can remember or perhaps care to.

Thanks again for your time, OP
jane19870 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
i see ghost, sometimes I wake up to my clothes floating... Two years ago in my old apartment, I was to broke to move into a newer apartment, so my manager gave me my sister in law old apartment. I believe to this day that there was a vortex in one of the rooms... My boyfriends mom passed there and so did his aunti. His mom once told me to never sleep with the lights off, to always have a light on. Well one night my stupid boyfriend turns off all the lights leaving my daughter in the dark after I complained numerous times about her tv flickering and turning off. Well in the middle of the night her dad woke up frantic and screaming, about the light being on, he was really pissed. The next day he didn't remember... On another accasion a man was killed by a train, well the next day my daughter was outside playing and she said mom, there's a man standing by the window... I ran outside to see, but no one was there. When I returned inside, I walked into my living room and discovered a man standing in the window with a blank stare... On another accasion I woke to a tall black image standing aside of my tv... Once I moved from there, I was told every tenant moves in and moves right out in weeks prior to moving in... At my new apartment, I got a poodle, she was a puppy, one night I put her in the bathroom and I heard her barking like crazy, when I walked up to the door, it sounded like she was slammed against the door... I'm sorry everyone but I was too scared to rescue her. She was dead when I found her, I moved to a house as soon as I got paid. Now I am in a house. Things like my AC will turn on, or my ceiling fan will come on. I always thought I was dreaming when I dreamed of sprirts or ghost, me being native, I am prone to it I guess. But anyways they came in my dreams, to the point they would still be there when I wake. I had experiences where I woke feeling as if something was holding me tight, seeing my clothes I set out for my kids floating, and seeing black shadows and so forth. I noticed when I am pregnant I am truely prone to them. I once had a dream last year of virgin mary, then I had another dream of virgin mary and a man with curly hair with a face of the sun, I was forbidden to see it. But I believe it was a sign I was having my first bon son. Who knows...
Kltpl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
that's right
! Show no fear your stronger and everybody is stronger than a demon you are the best person to give example
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Can you explain what the roar sounded like because I really want to know. If you search for like let's say it sounded like a demonic entity roar or something, look up something like that and see if anything is similar to that noise, maybe you could find out what it is. If you can;t, it could be just a really vivid dream or something. 😊
Shira (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
mudvayne819,
this was most interesting to read. I am thinking of several creatures this could have been. A Hellhound is a strong possibility. I have always seen creatures of the spirit realm. And it fits the description. Also there is a chance it may be a Manticore... If the end of its' tail was sharp (if you can remember) than it most likely was.
Whatever it was/is, the way you described it the entity may have been asking for help. It may have been harmed by another spirit, and came to you. Also I have several theories as to why it ran away. Upon awakening and seeing it whatever you were thinking at that point could have transferred to it. Through emotion or thought pattern. Another theory I have is that (and I don't mean to discourage you by saying this) he/she may have been running from something else, an angel perhaps or another demon.
Unfortunately I cannot recommend a good site with info or pictures-
Best of luck finding answers
Shira 😁
PS: if you look up manticore on the web it won't look anything like what you saw, I personally know one (he is my spirit guide/guardian) and those pics don't do justice
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
There are all kind of ugly demonic creatures lurking in the spirit realm. Good thing we only get glimpses of what behind the veil because it would make most people to go insane. I want to send you to a resource to see if you can get the answers to some of your questions.

There is a book that I will paste the link below called DEMONS AN EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT. Howard Pittman was permitted to see behind the veil to see demonic activity that is going on all around us. Some of the demons looked like animals and humans mixed but some were so nauseating to look at it makes your hair stand up. Check it out

Http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.org/demons-pittman.pdf
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
it might of been an incubus trying to have intercourse like they say they do attack at night and mainly to females...
mudvayne819 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
nah, dreams don't wake you up... I used to dream when I was young, always the same dream, then it stopped and I don't do dreams or nightmare anymore.
IsaacBPS (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I'm not dismissing your story, but it might be possible it was a dream.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Hey mudvayne819, I just looked at your link, looks absolutely scary/frightening. I was actually thinking Hell Hounds, hehe. I'm sorry but I have no idea what that thing was. All I know is that thing probably didn't like you waking up. This creature also reminds me of the movie "I Am Legend", where similar looking dogs appear. But, I'm just saying.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
mudvayne819 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Exuse me I try figure that you want to know what all that picture even that Demon lion but Let see I know its scary anyway THere are diffrent Demon lion that I Type down demon lion picture so I Copy and Paste here... Here you go:http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=demon+lion+picture&qpvt=demon+lion+picture&FORM=IGRE#x0y422 Anyway I too into ghost and paranormal stuff...
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Yeah, definitely freaky. Something that looks demonic, that is actually scared of a person! That's a twist. Well, just thank your lucky stars it didn't want a another look at you.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Mudvayne,

Thanks for sharing your story, if that happened to me I would have passed out or wet my pants lol!

I have heard and read of others telling of monster like creatures that defy explaination, maybe it was a shape shifter, posing as a monster in case he was discovered checking you out! Since he went from bed size to a wisp of smoke in an instant, that must not have been his true identity.

Glad it was you and not me - and glad he was tame, not true to his appearance!

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
yes it seems you scared him away. Despite what other ceratures look like they are not all bad. Sometimes they are just as curious of us as we are of them. I think the was just checking you out. Maybe he never saw one of you before. Maybe he was trying to be sneaky and it didn't work. Despite what his physical appearance was, as scary as he seemed, he was obviously a very gentle creature.
mudvayne819 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I was like 11 years old when this happened, I'm 29 now, and nothing new paranormal have happened since then, or almost.
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Well. I would never sleep again, I enjoyed reading this:) Sadly, I don't have a clue where to start looking to provide you with portraits, I've never witnessed anything physical either so I've never looked.
bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
creepy story, I'm so into ghost and paranormal stuff that I never heard anything like that. If something happens again please put it on here. I like to hear more about that demon lion thing. I think it was surprised that it seen you that it roared and ran outside the window. What ever it was and what ever it was doing its not done yet

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: