You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Ghost Woke Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Ghost Woke Me Up

 

Been a while since I wrote anything here, but nothing particular has happened, until 2 days ago. I can start by telling you all that I moved back to Sweden from Denmark with my fiancé, and we are currently renting a room in my mom's new house. The house is about 100-years-old, and is located practically in the middle of nowhere, along with some other houses.

Anyway, the first thing that happened recently was that me and my friend Jessica were watching a movie downstairs. Behind the living room where we were sitting, there is a hallway where the stairs to the second floor lead. Jessica turned her head against the stairs, and saw the shoulders and a head of a shadow ghost standing in the doorway leading to the hallway. Almost right after she saw it, it turned and walked up the stairs. She told me what she saw, and we didn't feel frightened nor threatened by the entity, so we assumed it was a good spirit. We talked a bit about it and then kept watching the movie.

A couple of nights later, me and my fiancé had gone to bed early (about 11 p.m) and I fell asleep almost immediately. A couple of hours later, I woke up by a pressure over my shoulders. At first I didn't really notice, but when the pressure didn't stop I opened my eyes, assuming it was one of the cats standing on me. But what met my eyes scared me to death. I was staring into a pair of bright white eyes, with small round pupils. I didn't see any details in the face, only the eyes. The rest was black, sort of shadowy. It had spiky hair, and some sort of robe or big sweater on. The pressure on my shoulder was the ghost, or whatever it was, holding me down. It looked like it was hovering over me, cause I thought I saw the legs straight out, almost touching my desk I have next to my bed. I started panting in panic and waving my arms, trying to make it let me go. It then turned it's entire body, rolling over to it's back on top of my legs. It kept it's head turned against me, and then it was gone. I flew up, sitting with my back to the headboard of the bed, breathing heavily and my heart was racing. My fiancé didn't wake up until then, and asked me what was wrong. At first I couldn't speak, but then I managed to tell him. He didn't say much about it, he just fell back asleep holding me. I didn't fall asleep again until a while later, when my heart had calmed down.

I'm pretty scared the thing will come back again. Do any of you out there know what this thing might be?

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
[at] Melime okayy, thanks... And thank you for sharing this story with us... (:
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
[at] DannyBaby
Alright, thanks for your advice. I will keep you updated 😊

[at] sacul & Shell1982
Hmm, I didn't consider sleep paralysis at all, I guess cause I never experienced it before. Thanks for telling me, I would very much prefer sleep paralysis than the entity I saw.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. The previous sighting of a shadow doesn't mean that the op can't have experienced sleep paralysis. The other sighting might be supernatural, but this one probably isn't, IMO. The positioning of the shadow as parallel to your body, head to head, toe to toe, sounds very much like a proprioceptive illusion to me. It's the kind of illusion that human brains naturally tend to produce when they misfire slightly.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
[at] melime, well if it doesn't feel evil... Then you do know that different vibes you feel indicate if it's a male or female... But you would have to look really close at the vibes you're getting from this being... On the other hand it does sound like it does want to mess around with the people in the house... And it's terrifying while in the proccess... But anyways just keep ignoring it (at first it will get mad) but hopefully it will either die down or go away... Keep us updated...
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Something similar happened to me just last night. The paralysis (in that form) has left me alone for almost a year but seems to be back in full force. You'll get used to it the more it happens.
I know it's terrifying. If it keeps coming back I suggest an EKG/Sleep Study. I was on a drug for some time that would either allow me to sleep through that sort of thing or not notice it. It's worth it when you experience that so often you are afraid to close your eyes.

Best wishes,

~S
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Thanks for your comments guys 😊 The vibe I got when I woke up was eager, and then surprise. I got the feeling it didn't meant for me to see it, that I woke up too fast. I've been telling it to leave me alone, but there are still some stuff happening. Like the other night, something (I strongly suspect it was the same being) pushed my mum in the back while she was in bed.
It doesn't feel evil though, maybe it's someone who just wants to mess around? 😕
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
-SilverBear thanks for agreeing with me and I do agree with you to... Just rand in the middle of your home and just talk... Sayin that this is your home... (opptional) and you can tell it to stay but cause no harm to you and who ever else is in the home living with you... This may sound crazy but maybe with everyone in the home you can introduce yourself along with the others... Letting that spirit know that you mean no harm to them and the house... But keep your guard up at all times... Even though it may sound that the person there is trying to get your attention... But you can't see them so just be on the safe side and keep your guard up... But then again be nice and comforting... Maybe at first you will hear banging or footsteps around the house... It may sound as if the spirit is mad but it won't be... You see here the spirit doesn't have enough energy to speak... So footsteps and banging and hearing things you don't normally hear... It's just trying to communicate... But be aware about the vibes... If you feel bad vibes then tell it go away... If good vibes keep doing what you're doing... And just moved along... In do time you will get used to the footsteps, voices, 'shadows', banging, anything... I did after awhile... I know I did... But be careful while doing so...
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
I'm going to agree with DannyBaby on this. It seemed more along the lines of,"Hey I need your attintion" then "Hey I want to do you harm." If you want to get rid of it or at least put space, tell it so. Set boundries. I know it feels crazy talking to a seemingly empty space without being able to see what your up against, but just stand in the "middle" of your home, and let it know. (For example) wakeing you up at night is not ok. Scareing you is not exceptible, and if he wants to stay, or needs your help he'll have to do it without scareing you or find another way to "hear" him. (said in first person of course.) Remember. It's your home. You don't have to share it if you don't want to.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Well when this spirit appeared did it give a vibe of some sort.? Like a vibe of it angry, sad, or even happy.? If so... There is a different vibes with female and male... So keep us updated... Thanks for sharing by the way. ((:
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
[at] DannyBaby
Yeah, it felt like it wanted to tell me something. And no, no one in my family or friends has died the past year. It was 2 years ago my granddad past away, and a few months earlier one of my friends. So I have absolutely no idea who/what it was or what it wanted 😕
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Well, for those of you who don't know... I do see ghosts and talk to them if I wanted to... But anyways... The "entity" or spirit you friend saw might have been the one you saw... But by judging of what you just said and the comments... This spirit was trying to let you know something... Something I don't know what... And I'd say let the spirit back... And one question... It might be to personal... I will understand if you don't want to answer it... But has anybody in your family pass away? Let's say in the past year or so.?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I was going to say sleep paralysis, but the fact that your friend saw a shadow prior to this happening leads me to think it is more than that. If you look through the comments on this site there is a cleansing ritual from Rook that may help you get rid of this.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Our room never really get completely dark. We have 3 huge windows with no real curtains. It was more of a "blue-ish" darkness (I'm sorry, I don't know the english word for it) by the time I was waking up.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Just a question, do you sleep in the dark, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see a thing without some sort of ambient light in the room.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: