You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dreams of my Dead Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams of my Dead Aunt

 

I was just wondering if anyone out there can help me with this. My grandparents were killed in a car accident five years ago on July 2. My aunt and my cousin were in the accident as well, but they both survived. However, one year ago, on June 30, my aunt passed away in her sleep. She was only 45 years old and died from an accidental overdose. A combination of her pain medicine, nerve medicine, muscle relaxer, and very little alcohol.

I have never had a dream about my grandmother since she died. I had one dream about my grandfather where he was just standing on a dock by the water, looking back at me.

However, with my aunt, I keep having dreams about her. I have dreamt about her for the past two months. I have had three dreams regarding her. She is very much alive in these dreams. In one of the dreams, I am hugging her and then she asks me "Why are you the only one who can see me?" I then turn to her daughter and say "Shannon, did you not just see me hugging your mom?" Shannon looks at me like I am crazy and says NO!

My aunt and I use to be close when I was younger, but as I grew up and noticed that she was an alcoholic, we became more distant. We still talked before she died, but not like we used to. Her daughter is not doing well in life. She has starting doing drugs, partying a lot, and very sexually active.

Some people seem to think my aunt is wanting to live through me, while others think she is wanting me to help her daughter, Shannon. (I used to have custody of Shannon when she was younger, I took care of her every time her mom, my aunt, was in rehab.) Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me understand these dreams?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nicole Rogers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
My Dad comes to me in my dreams too. He used to come more often than he does now. I used to think he was just my subconscious, but then one night he woke me from a sound sleep in Iraq,. He screamed at me to get up, and I woke in time to react to a mortar barrage. After that, I tried to figure out what the other dreams meant, but some I have to think were just him coming to visit. Since then, he's let me know that he's kept his eye on me and is happy at how I'm doing. I had a friend that committed suicide when I was in Germany. It was a big surprize for everyone and no one seemed to know why. He visited me in a dream and told me he did it because his wife was having an affair. I haven't seen him since. Your aunt may have something for you, or may be just visiting, since you appeared to be a bit close at one point. Maybe its her way of making up for letting things go distant. Enjoy the visits. That's about all of the advice I have for you. Have a great day.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
I heard that ghosts/ spirits can contact you when your asleep because your mind is open. Same with family relatives and friends who have passed away they can get in your dreams. They can talk to you just like strangers can in your dreams. I think that is a sign of your aunt. She can give you a dream of her in it/ letter/ phone call. I do believe that our friends and family relatives watch us and see how we're doing. They want to see us happy they don't want us going through bad things. They can warn us of things. If they don't like something what someone is doing they will tell you in a dream. I think she doesn't want Shannon doing the same thing as she did. That I think your aunt is sorry of what she did in life. When your watching your family when you have passed away you learn that you should of done things differently. It can affect others how you were in life. I think you learn your lesson after you have passed away and if you didn't do that then you life could of been different. You can regret some things which you have done but you learn your lesson from it. Next time you will do things different. Hope this doesn't sound bad I hoped I helped. I tried explaining it to you. Sorry If it sounds bad. Sorry about your aunt.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Dear Nicole,

My belief is that the dreamer is the best one to interpret their own personal dream.

I agree with Shane and his comment.

Please do in your heart what feels right to you. You can extend your hand of help, offer your love and support, as well as point her in the right direction to get her life back on track. At the same time, allow her to be responsible for herself and let her always know that you have boundaries with consequences. Please also consult with a counselor who is experienced in these matters and let them offer you the advice you need in which to help her. Remember the old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. It is always the responsibility of others to want to change themselves and their lives. You cannot carry another nor can you carry their baggage, as neither belongs to you. Your life and your experiences are your own, and are not meant for others to live through you or to use you in anyway that is not healthy on all levels. May you find the answers, peace and wisdom you are looking for starting with what you feel and think is best for you. Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Dream interpratation is best done by the person who had the dream. I could tell you that it means your Aunt wants you to care for her daughter as you once did and that she wants you to forgive her for her faults in life. But that would only be one interpratation.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: