You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: This Was Not Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

This Was Not Sleep Paralysis

 

My name is Josh, I am 20-years-old and have had multiple "ghostly encounters" since I was a child and all of them were physical.

The experience I'm going to mention happened about a year ago. I was staying at my father's house with my two brothers. My dad doesn't have a huge house, so he had the attic redone with carpet and beds. Basically turned it into a giant room. Both of my brothers had already claimed the beds so I was stuck on the floor for a night. Anyway, after staying awake for a couple hours on the computer, I finally got to sleep. I had a sleeping bag with multiple blankets on the ground for comfort, so I wasn't uncomfortable in any way. It was about 3:00 a.m when I woke up to a weird sensation on my arm. No, I did not just gradually get up, I jumped up scared out of my mind to find my arm was being lifted up, literally in the air. My hand was stuck in an awkward position and the whole arm was cold and just felt like something was wrapped around it. As I jumped up yelling out of fear to my brother, my arm was still stuck and it felt like I was being pulled. I couldn't put it down or anything.

As I started running to my brother, who was now sitting up in bed scared and confused as to why I'm yelling to him, I noticed a dark figure of a hand that was grabbing my hand as I got closer to the little lamp my brother had turned on. Its fingers were long and the fingernails had a chrome type of look to them, maybe metal. I was still in mostly darkness, but as soon as I got to my brother's bed, where the light was brighter, my arm was back in my control and the hand wasn't touching me anymore.

I have never had an experience that intense in my life, and to this day the only person who truly believes me is my brother. He had never seen me so scared in my life. The feeling I got was like nothing I have ever felt before, just complete terror. I have had a couple other experiences like that one but not as bad.

If anyone else has had something like this happen to them, please reply. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ImaGhost123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
this spirit meant to scare you and get your attention. Some spirits gets thrilled to put fear on others,becareful.try to have some light in your room bad spirits feed off darkness too. Thank you and keepin touch. ❤ ❤
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
ImaGhost123
It might be connected to your family but I really don't know so don't fully rely on this 😊
ImaGhost123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
Not recently no, nothing usually happens unless I'm at his house
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
I agree, I don't think this was sleep paralysis. I've suffered from sleep paralysis, well other people have on this site but I still don't know what happened. I physically couldn't move but I could feel something touch me, the only person in the house was me and the only pets were a couple of guinea pigs, a rabbit and canaries. Has anything else happened recently?
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
I'm not an expert but I believe that not all behavioral scientists preclude spiritual manifestations in connection with sleep paralysis. Not all of them right off manifestations during sleep paralysis as hallucinations. 80% of people who experience sleep paralysis also experience some sort of spiritual manifestation. In the past, it has been written off by science without ever having been investigated.

Sleep paralysis is neither a disease or psychopathological.
If anybody is interested, google "Soul Smack" or David J Hufford. Dr Hufford has both experienced this phenomena and researched it in depth over many years and many cultures.
R312EmoGirl (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
all I can say about this is don't go around that area for a while
I know what it was and its not something to mess with, it wasn't a ghost visit, it was an attack
You must have gone into an area that you didn't know was a 'war' zone
Right now my computer keeps messing up and I don't know if this will make it up or not, I typed something out before and it got deleted somehow
I know this may sound crazy, I thought it did at first and it took me a while to learn its real (when I was possesed and almost killed my boyfriend) what happens in the spirit realm and here on earth are different things, no one can tell what they are half the time
If it does happen to you again, think of someone you were close to that passed away that you know went to heaven, they will be able to help you (like a gardian angel) or have something like a cross or something religous like that near you so you can use it (truly I don't believe in god, but when I say something like this, its best to do it)
Its the best bet I can think of to stay safe from him
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Siri & Sds:
I never suggested it was (read carefully), just was curious if the OP has had it to compare to. It's a very strange sensation, one that is very hard to get used to. Doctors will always call it such for lack of a better description, but I'm also convinced that it's not always so cut and paste. This classic painting has an uncanny resemblance to my usual (every other day to week) episodes:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightmare

Weird thing is- I had one "episode" much like the author's a few nights back and felt "pulled backwards". Someone here suggested that we ask whatever it is to leave us alone. That worked after the third request. Try that if you can remember to and please share more with us. I like hearing such things from others. Makes me feel less...crazy?

Thanks for elaborating, ImaG.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Oops, sorry about the last line, wrong story! 😢
Please accept my apologies?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Hi ImaGhost, Years ago, our family had just moved to a very new house. The yard & surroundings were still full of long grass (very wild). One night, I woke up to feel a cold, heavy weight on my forhead. I lay for a long while, in terror, trying to figure out what it was. I eventually couldn't take this horror any more; I screamed, jumping out of bed at the same time.
My dad rushed into my room, in a panic, demanding to know what was going on. By this time, I was standing in the middle of the room, my one arm, stuck straight in front of me; but I couldn't feel it. The first thing that came to my mind, was SNAKE! I babbled out the story about the cold weight, & numbness of my arm; declaring that I had been bitten by a snake.
By the time my dad had made a cursory sweep of the room, my arm had 'come back to life'. It was 'pins & needles'! I had cut off the circulation to my arm somehow. There was no snake, & nothing paranormal.
Do you see the similarities in our stories? 😕
Your brother having a dream & making a drawing - coincidence? 🤔
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
Hi, I agree with Siri. I don't think it is Sleep Paralysis. What is really peculiar is that the drawing your brother made for you, which is actually what you saw in the night. Thats something. I think it is a paranormal experience. Did it happen again?
ImaGhost123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
He didn't see it, but hes an artist, actually going to school for it. And about a week later he had a dream where he saw a sinister looking hand. He drew it and showed me it and it was almost an exact replica of what I saw.
Siri (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I tend to disagree with Sacul that it's sleep paralysis. I'm not sure what it is... But not SP. There was absolutely no paralysis and you didn't just get the feeling that you were being touched or moving, you had an actual witness to the event.
Did your brother actually see anything of the hand? Or does he just believe you because of your obvious fear?
ImaGhost123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I havn't had anything that extreme, but when I was little, I would always lay in bed under my covers cause I just had a bad feeling. I did that every night, wether it was in the summer hot as ever or in the winter. And one night I was laying there and all of a sudden s fist came down on my stomach. I could see my covers get punched in. Right after it happened I started yelling for my dad, and when I got up both my brothers were still asleep. It seems to only happen when I'm visiting my dad, but hes moved twice.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
I know how scary and real that feels. Have you experienced sleep paralysis before -or- had similar episodes to the one described?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: