You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Autism And Being Psychic

Real Ghost Stories

Autism And Being Psychic

 

I have Aspergers syndrome which is in the Autism Spectrum and I can sense when there are spirits around but not see them or sometimes I have premonitions which came true.

When I was a little girl I could feel a presence of a 6 year old girl who died at our house and she used to play tricks on me which scared me a lot. When I got a little older I had 2 premonitions that came true, one was the family getting into an auto accident and the other was my cat getting run over.

I went to my friends house and sensed a spirit so I asked if there was a ghost in the house and he said yes. It was his grandmother who was haunting his house and he could actually see her which I was jealous about since I never really saw a ghost.

My cat died when I was 16 and he was my best friend growing up so I was sad. I had a beautiful siamese mix growing up and when he finally passed away I was devastated since he was 23. The first night he was gone I felt him jump on the bed and he was purring up a storm in my ear but when I turned over he was gone. That happened for the next two months until we actually buried him in the backyard next to our old siberian husky. After he was buried I saw him one last time sleeping in the bay window which was his favorite place to sleep and I still get teary eyed when I think of him.

About that time we had a Norwegian Elkhound who had to be put to sleep after she had horrible seizures and we knew it was time. In the winter she loved to play in the snow and would wait by the door to go outside. I saw her waiting by the door and when I looked again she was gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xshainax, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GrimmWolf (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-19)
My dad has a cat named abby that cuddles up to him once in awile at night, she's been dead over ten years. He finds her presence calming.
xshainax (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
stemah, it was during the winter, the vet kept his body in a freezer until the ground thawed
stemah (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Excuse me for perhaps being slightly OT, but why did it take you 2 months to bury the cat? Where was it during this time, it was obviously crying out for attention.
illuminati33 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
I believe I have Aspergers Syndrome however since I don't trust doctors and hospitals I have never been actually diagnosed as such. But there is no doubt in my case there is something different about me, and the experiences I have had in my life. I am going to write about my very recent experience having been to a graveyard while I was, let's say not in my right mind< because I don't have time to explain my theory on how possession is very real. Anyways I saw a green orb outside my house and have realized its from the graveyard. I usually don't have paranormal experiences in the sense I can predict things or am psychic. However I am very perceptive and can see and realize certain truths about how the world really is and works. Anyways the point is there is something special about Aspergers Syndrome in my opinion. Unless I am something completely different have have mis diagnosed myself lol
xshainax (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Its really freaky. I can feel the EMF they give off and it makes my hair rise
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
I too have Aspergers Syndrome and so does my son. It is very true that we are sensitive to the paranormal. I have had experiences and so seems my son ever since I can remember... I even dreamed my house that I was renting at the time would burn down and a few months later it did just that... I also had some experiences in that place that I am yet to post... But anyways back to this post-I would love to hear more of your experiences in the near future...

Just a note to anyone who reads this that's not familar with autism:People with this experience heightened smells, hearing, touch etc... Some don't like to be touched while others do, some noises are so horrible to what would sound normal for some are actually unbearable for us, this is also called "sensory integration" which is usually treated by an occupational or behavioral therapist...
Ruudhommel (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Interesting, though if it is said that people with autism are sensitive to paranormal things I'm an exeption. I have Asperger as well but I've never really experienced anything noteworthy. I lived in a very old house where I saw some "wierd" things such as two glowing tiny dots that reminded me of a rodent's eyes staring at me from under the chair in my room at night, but that's about it.
silentBob (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Nice story, its good that you saw your departed pets and not some scary apparition from beyond.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
i'm an asperger's patient too but unlike y'all, although I may be in the presence of ghosts, I'm mostly followed by demons... Literally
xshainax (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Well I looked up on it and it said that people with autism are sensitive to paranormal things
purpleheart777 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
I find this very interesting, because I also have Aspergers Syndrome and I've experienced many paranormal things in my life. The most recent one I had was last month. I noticed a black figure following me in the hallway I was walking in. I didn't really mind it because I've seen them all over the place in that area and am used to it. Later that same day I was coming home from Grand Junction and I noticed a white figure on my side of the road. There's something unusual about it though (well obviously, but I mean more unusual than normal). I had seen many other figures growing up and I always got an evil vibe from them but for some reason I didn't this time from either of them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: