You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demonic Haunting, God, And Psychic Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Haunting, God, And Psychic Experiences

 

I lived in a house in Wappingers Falls, New York. I don't remember if it was in the year 1994 or 1995 that this happened but I do know that I was either 14 or 15. I was playing with Ouija boards with my friends and I became sort of obsessed with it. One night, my mom and I both had a similar dream. In the dream, we heard what we understood to be the voice of God telling us to have faith. It was odd. Now I see it as a warning of things that were to come.

When one day I made a Ouija board and played with it in my own house with my sister, the planchette rose off the board with our fingers on top of it and pulled us out of the room, up the stairs, down a hall, into a room, and all the way back again coming to rest on the Ouija board downstairs. Before this happened, this spirit that communicated with us seemed playful, friendly, even funny in its responses to us. But it wasn't.

Shortly thereafter, from time to time, a number of experiences would occur. Glasses breaking, objects moved when no one was home, personal objects vanishing, even a pieces of paper that were torn up and thrown away, ended up whole and in odd places throughout the house. During this time I was often scared, feeling that I was being watched and that whatever was watching me felt a VERY STRONG HOSTILIY toward me.

There were times when I felt physically attacked... Such as when I would be falling asleep and felt an intense pressure on my chest and as if I was being choked with pressure around my neck. Another time, I was having a nightmare (as I often did during this time) and when I woke up to scream, I found that I couldn't as my whole body was paralyzed. After what felt like several long minutes, I regained the use of my arms and had to use my hands to pry my mouth open. I was going to scream as loud as I could but when I finally got my mouth open, I found I was too scared even to scream.

I had several dreams which suggested that this was not a ghost but a demon. I dreamt that my house was inhabited by demons and as I was trying to say The Lord's Prayer in my dream, in an effort to make it go away, the demon (which in this dream took the form of a large Rottweiler) was snarling and barking closer and closer to my face with ever line of the prayer that I uttered. I found that I could not complete the prayer in this dream. I was too frightened.

Another time worth mentioning is that early on when the activity started, I woke up with a key in my hand (one that I found did not open anything that I could find in the house). I hid it one day in a jewelry box in a secret compartment and put it in my desk drawer. When one morning, I went to school, I found that I had a momentary vision of a black shadow in my room moving towards my desk. When I went home, I went to my desk and got out the jewelry box. The key was gone. After searching all throughout the house, I finally found it on the opposite side of my room, on my nightstand underneath a stuffed animal that was there.

All of my family was always fighting with each other during this time. The house was always tense. We basically all hated each other and I was getting in a great deal of trouble in school as I was always angry and disrespectful and depressed and stressed out. Finally my parents couldn't deal with me anymore and they sent me to Florida to live with my grandmother. I didn't feel the demon follow me.

I never told my mother about the activity but she did find a note that I wrote to a friend about the activity and then tore it up and threw away as I decided against it. She found the note crumpled in one piece underneath the sink in a pot. And so now she knew everything. After sending me away, she said she always felt the dark energy even before finding my note and that she began praying and sprinkling holy water in every room of the house, everyday for a year. Her prayer was for God to send this spirit out of our home.

It took an entire year but finally one day, she saw a dark shadow in the form of some sort of reptile. She described it like a crocodile with an unusually long tail. It whipped past her face, slowly walked out the door and then disappeared. My parents decided to divorce and sold the house shortly after. Upon packing my things, my mother and sister both found many pieces of papers under my bed... All Ouija boards in my handwriting but I only remember making 3 and I tore them all up and threw them out. I cannot explain how this happened.

Both my mother and I have from time to time experienced spiritual and psychic dreams since then. I have personally seen deceased relatives and pets in dreams (and recently I saw a deceased pet while awake). I have also experienced premonition dreams as well as small instances of precognition while awake. It isn't a constant stream of psychic activity but we experience things like this a few times a year. We remain faithful in our belief in God and I no longer play with Ouija boards.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melissa3980, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vernon (1 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-02)
http://mentalfloss.com/article/12952/brief-history-ouija-board the boards were always spiritual first. That being said there is a video of a girl coming into contact with ZOZO before she collapses into uncontrolled hysterics. The feeling is similar to one attempt by demonic summoners to possess me, I started shaking almost violently on the right side and almost collapsed. Been dealing with this crap for about 15 years the last 4 being the worst as I started encountering covens through online contacts who requested help.

Ive dealt with a few covens in that past 4 years and they use your mind to create openings by sending strong feelings of anger. The more they can compromise you emotionally the more leverage they have. I also know what destroys them. I have felt many die with one confirmed fatality of a family member of a BM user demon summoner.

Demons used to be people, I float between the theory of the more powerful ones being counterparts of angels and god, as in the hindu texts, and them being rejected angels and spirits. But either way the mastery over yourself in the context of infinite and godly love is the only release, Even praying jesus christ into your heart works but the more humble you are to god and the more you align with divine love, the less these things can affect you and the more they isolate themselves into death.

The wide variety of sometimes excruciating agony these things can bring can cause your mind to damage your health, modern science knows this is true, the mind has a powerful effect on the body, so in order to defeat this you also need to overcome the conditioned mind, on that note Mooji is the real deal. I still get attacked but I have come so far, that its more like, is this an attack? And it fades.

They can't do shiat to you. Simple rules, militant discipline to positivity and love, the creator and jesus does help when prayed into the heart, and humility 24/ 7 and asking god for the blissful relationship you had as a kid. You don't have to be religiously perfect or religious at all, you do need to be extremely serious about overcoming because you can.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
That's a very nice story lass. But don't quit your day job...
zaphiod (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
I personally don't subscribe to ouija boards being in any way associated with the supernatural. Historically they started out as a psychological tool for dealing with your subconscious - exactly like free asssociation writing - both of which were claimed to be supernatural as fashion dictated. I see a lot of people placing a lot of importance on ouija because the media tells us to, but I feel they are far more controled by our own psychae.
Yhat's not to say your subconscious wouldn't use these methods to warn you of supernatural occurences
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
i think some people create their own demon's. Everything at that time was so negative so the house was in a dark place "we basically all hated each other" so the aura was depressing and angry. Everybody was fighting so there was a lot of anger and frustration hence glasses breaking. I don't believe it was a demon but the general feeling of the house was so dark that everybody acted out. And the dreams were worry, the "demon" was something you created as an excuse and distraction from what was going on.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
I'm with redphx. Sounds very well told, and I believe some details may be true, but this sounds like a) paranoia, b) meddling with things you shouldn't have been and c) sleep paralysis.

There seem to be trends that go through this site describing various creatures, almost like someone says "ooh! That sounds scary, I'll use that idea too!"...and now we have sudden outbreaks of little ghost girls with long black hair and white dresses, and repitilian creatures ranging from ghost gators to scaly incubi.

You know what? On second thought, let me do a 180 and give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Assuming that you believe in God and are either religious or agnostic, typically the idea is not to play with Ouija boards. If I were your mom, I would have been just shy of kicking you out of my house for playing with stuff like that. It wouldn't really be surprising that you attracted an enemy.

That idea is about as sane as leaving a trail of expensive gadgets up to your front door so you can "communicate" with a burgler, and expect him not to steal your stuff. With any luck you'll have a "nice" burgler who just comes up, says hi, answers a few silly questions and goes about his way.

I've never used one myself, because I'd rather not take the chance. Maybe it isn't the board, but the act of summoning a random spirit that causes "demonic" or spiritual attacks/infestations/whatever. No matter what it is, after hearing all the stories and bad experiences, you'd think people would have learned by now not to mess with that stuff.
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Incredile. If you can survive that, I would think anything after that would be a peice of cake! Hopefully others will take your story to heart.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
i don't think this account is true in the slightest. Thanks for your story though.
Melissa3980 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Oh yes, I've read about worse and personally, I don't know how people survive it. I would never do anything to cause that to happen again but in a bizzare way, I'm happy it happened. It gave me faith. I was so miserable before that. Now I have a reason to have hope. =)
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Good let's keep it that way ouija boards are asking for trouble life would be much better without them it could have been much much worse

Your freind,
The puppeteer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: