You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Involving Psychic Stuff Moreso Than Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Involving Psychic Stuff Moreso Than Ghosts

 

This doesn't involve ghosts, however I have so much respect for the community at YGS and the psychics here that I'd rather get help from you rather than from anyone else.

I've never shared these stories in a public forum before... Because I think it seems crazy. I didn't get into the paranormal because I wanted to believe, but because I was forced to believe. Some of my closest friends have heard my stories. I recently looked into the "indigo child" phenomenon and I'm sort of freaking out. But my rationality kicks in and I say it's just a personality type. Premonitions are nothing but a hiccup in the time-space continuum. My mother and I discussed our experiences. She's seen people's past and future. She's seen their whole. We *know* people. (Psychics know what I mean.) That's our thing. Well, it was our thing. I guess we both walked away from it. I built my barricade after my 13th birthday. I suspect this is why I can't detect hauntings.

I don't see ghosts. I didn't believe in them for the entirety of my life until I started reading stories on YGS. I've never seen a ghost. I've visited "haunted" places with friends giggling and ready to scare me. I see and hear nothing. They freak out. They run away. I've been pulled quite aggressively from "dangerous" places such as the Maxdale Cemetery in Texas. I really wanted to see the awesome cemetery with all these old tombstones dedicated to people who died in service to their country. But no. My male military friends yanked me by the arms and dragged me back to their car because they had a scary experience there. By the way, I dug into the history of that bridge, and while it is true that a man lost his fiance to the river, he did not hang himself on that bridge. It's just folklore.

There have been so many occurrences in my life. I guess I'll start with the one which shows just how clear my premonitions are.

My room mate during my early college years had a boyfriend with whom she was incredibly close. They were basically soul mates, or even twin flames (I learned that term just this week). However her boyfriend decided upon graduation that he would go on a bike trip from Seattle to southern California, then settle down in San Diego where his job for the Autumn was lined up. They mutually agreed that a long-distance relationship wasn't feasible, so they broke up. I found them in tears in our living room. They love each other SO much. I asked what happened. They said they broke up. I was floored. How can two people so incredibly and obviously meant for one another not be together?

That night, I had a dream that he proposed to her in a hotel room in a desert-like place. I thought it was Nevada.

The next day, I told her about my dream while making coffee in the kitchen. She responded, "I'm moving to California." I said wait, what? It was only a dream. She said "No, in MY culture, we pay attention to prophecies." (She's Taiwanese.) So she found an apartment and moved to San Diego. Meanwhile I'm like WTF it was just a dream.

In my dream, she was really shocked at the proposal. Well, as it turns out, just one month later, her boyfriend proposed to her. In a hotel. And yes, she was shocked. I was shocked. We didn't think this would happen so soon! One month? Less than half a year later, they were married. And they are together to this day.

I thought she was crazy to follow the dream I had, but now I take great joy in knowing I'm the only person who saw the proposal when it happened.:D

However, it's a little weird because in every other premonition, I saw everything from my own point of view before I was in that moment. If that makes sense. Basically it was like remembering the future. I'd see something, then I'd experience it exactly as I remembered later on, whether it would be seconds, minutes, days, months, or years later. (And thanks to my diary entries, I finally figured out I saw things years before they happened. I didn't realize this until a year or so ago.)

This is a long-winded story and I'm sorry about that. But there's one thing that's been bugging me for a long time. I have no scientific explanation for it. I can sort of explain the room mate proposal away using the time-space continuum and how souls can move through it (my mother's and my hypothesis, anyhow). But I don't know what to think regarding this super weird experience.

When I was in high school, I was in marching band. Eventually I became drum major. We were marching down the street in the summer as we always did for practice to be in the parade and potentially the rodeo. Every weeknight. But one night, I started to smell smoke. I asked others if they smelled it. They said no. Then my left arm literally felt like it was on fire. It took all my willpower to not scream. I almost dropped my flute, but instead held it while bracing my arm and wincing. Kids asked what was wrong. I said my arm was on fire and I didn't know why. The trombone-players were right behind us. One trombone player, let's call him Bee, had a huge crush on me, so I'm sure he soaked in all the details. I spent the next half hour or so in terrible pain, breathing in smoke and having my arm on fire.

The next day in class, Bee asked me which arm it was I had felt on fire. I said the left arm. He then asked me if I'd read the news about the boy scout troop leader who'd accidentally set a barn on fire. Apparently he was teaching some kids how to start a fire without matches. In a barn. Surrounded by hay. His words were, "Guess which arm he burned." (My response: Uhm. What?) Then he asked me how I knew. I don't know! What the hell.

I understand the premonitions. I understand seeing people. But I don't understand feeling what someone else is experiencing at the moment it happens. Can someone offer me some sort of explanation? I'll love you forever if you can make some sense of this. This has haunted me for over half my life. I'm looking mainly at you. You feel it. You know it. Help. <3

Other hauntings by Triskaideka

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Triskaideka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-10)
Hi Triskaideka, thanks for the link to the Cuil Theory - it was hilarious! My head is still spinning 360 from its infinite possibilities.

If you're still having premonitions and strange coincidences, here's another theory for you: synchronicity. Carl Jung introduced that concept to describe simultaneous events that have no seeming relationship but are somehow related. He called them "meaningful coincidences" and "acausal parallelism."
Https://www.learning-mind.com/what-is-synchronicity/
Https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/passion/201712/synchronicities-sure-sign-youre-the-right-path

These messages through dreams could be signs from the universe (or some divine source) to tell us whether or not we're heading on the right path. If we follow the signs, we may be led to more. They are mini-mysteries pointing to a much bigger picture, of which we all have a part. The trap to avoid is misleading signs and false connections. Have you been keeping a journal of these signs too? It may help you to track patterns, analyse how you feel about them and identify any meaning derived.

Thanks for sharing a slice from your universe. 😊
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Wow, Val, that's incredible. And I don't doubt it for a second. I've read some twin studies on sensing the other's pain. There is undoubtedly some connection between people. I liked Orson Scott Card's explanation of this phenomenon, even if he kind of rather quite clearly went off his rocker during the writing of the final book of the Ender's Game series.

By the way everyone, I saw this. Some of you know EXACTLY what this writer is talking about. Prepare to laugh uproariously. (Don't watch if people are sleeping near you.) Don't drink water or eat while watching it, either. My poor nose.

Https://youtu.be/nfdEdE96En0
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Trisk,
I'm thinking that Miracle's is onto something with the empathy theory.
I've had experiences with feeling other's pain/ emotions.
I'll relate to you two of the ones that seem most inline with what you felt.
When I was in 6th grade, I began crying out in pain at lunch. It felt like a red hot poker was being thrusted into my side, and I displayed enough other symptoms the school nurse thought it might be appendicitis and I was taken to hospital. The doctor found nothing wrong with me, however, over 500 miles away my older sister was undergoing an emergency appendectomy, the time frame matched.
Another time, in 2002, I suffered what was called 'an apparent heart attack', that is I displayed all the symptoms of one. Severe enough that the summoned EMTs diagnosed it as one. All I really remember of it is the one EMT kept saying, "She's spiking! She's spiking!' Anyway again in the ER hooked up to machines and pretty high on morphine and a demerol drip, nothing showed as abnormal. No heart damage. Blood screen good. Only drugs the one they gave me. However, at the same time, half way across globe my father had suffered a massive coronary, resulting in a quadruple bypass. We didn't even know he had a bad heart.
Why did I feel their pain with such intensity? I don't know. I certainly wasn't think of them or 'reaching out' to them at the time.
The only thing I can think of is empathy to explain it. Perhaps physical pain can negate the time-space continuum.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I'm still processing that week that I posted this story. You see, I'd spent the previous days diving down the rabbit hole and researching these phenomena. Most sites discussing telepathy and "Indigo Children" seem rather nutty. Though some had some mind-blowing suggestions far too comparable to my own experiences. Anyway, that was a really strange day. I fell asleep early. And that was the same hour that an old family friend, my childhood pastor (a really great man) passed away. We've had wildfires up here in Washington State and a lot of my friends were feeling really strange that day. I suspect it's related to the wildfires. 😢 It's really nice to know that others have experienced such strange things (and I totally understand that waking up in others thing, though for me it's in strangers' bodies). Thank you whoever allowed me to publish this as well. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
A word of caution here concerning being A Psychic, Sensitive, Seer or whatever you want to call it and what 'New Age Dogma' has 'turned' Indigo Childern into. It all started with a lady named Nancy Ann Tappe... She has synesthesia and "the sight," (synesthesia = the production of a sense impression relating to one sense or part of the body by stimulation of another sense or part of the body.)

In Nacey's case she 'see's' colors and tastes shapes... (easiest way to describe it) Please visit THIS web site before beliveing that Indigo Childern are Alien Halfbreeds with GREAT telepathic abilities that are going to save the world.

Http://www.allaboutindigos.com/

Tweed, Biblio and Miracles all made very good points on just what you may have picked up on during this campout. The fact is it seems that for whatever reason you felt his pain... Not a comfortable feeling for you assuredly.

Thanks for sharing.

Respctfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Greetings, Trisk:

First, a disclaimer: several members of YGS are far more psychically aware than I: Redwolf, Miracles, Tweed, and Rook all have much more clarity in this field. I've had prophetic dreams, 1/2 an OBE (I sat up but my body didn't; then it was really awkward to put my right arm back into my physical right arm, though it all seemed to make sense at the time), one identifiable telepathic moment (with my mother --the one person I'd least like to have in my head!), and a few other odd events.

However, I am intuitive; my jumble of mental processes and psychic awarenesses leads me to jump to accurate conclusions that have no substantiating evidence until well after the fact. I attribute this to resonance. Much as a tuning fork will begin to vibrate if held next to a "struck" tuning fork of identical pitch, people's minds seem to me to fall into patterns or wavelengths. You may not have had anything in common with the scout leader (whose ineptitude sounds as if it may be unrivalled in the arena of alleged "survival skills"), but you were out in the open when he immolated his own arm. I can only imagine his searing pain would have been broadcast less like a precisely-tuned radio signal, as seems to be normal for people, and more like an air-raid siren running up and down various tones. I suspect that your awareness of others was like a radio switched on, but tuned to nothing in particular, when his broadcast erupted like a psychic tsunami. You didn't have a specific reason to feel what you did, you were just out in the open, unshielded, when he ignited the barn and began to panic.

The metaphors I've been using are similar to the way I perceive psychic impressions, and may have something to do with my ability to provoke supernatural entities/activity without intending to. The wavelengths (IF they are such things) seem to defy our physical perceptions of time & space whenever I'm paying attention to them.

It's rather late here on the East Coast, and I suspect I'm rambling; I'll sign off, post this, and check back in the morning to see if this was either helpful information or entertaining gibberish.

Best,
-Biblio.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Hi Trisk,

Firstly I read your first story when I first joined YGS and I remember it well. That story, with how you told it, really, really made me laugh. I'd like to draw your attention to what Granny said about being more in tune with yourself. I *think* there's a link between humour and self honesty. So I'm not too surprised you have premonitions.

Personally I don't believe in 'fate' as a predetermined path, I believe in free will. What I (personal belief here) feel happens with visions/premonitions is that we experience/see/know how a situation will unfold on a certain path. Like a choose your own adventure book, if you skip to the end and read all the endings, like I used to do haha. With the information we receive through a premonition we can *choose* to steer the ship as it were. Or we can when we have personal control over what we envision.

I totally know how you felt with your love bird college friends. I'm very black and white when it comes to romance. I suspect those two were trying to be 'practical' and 'realistic' because that's how they'd been raised.

I've been having a very bizarre experience over the last ten or so years. It only happens occasionally, but it might be in line with what you describe here. Occasionally I wake up in someone else. It's insane but that's the only way I can describe it. It happened the first time with a lady I used to work with. It only happens once with each person, it only lasts a few seconds and always happens very early in the morning, right before it's time to wake up.
However, this is a real time experience, not a premonition. But I thought I'd bring it up, as your dream premonition in your first story touched on perspective/view points of all involved in the (I think it was) snow in your dream.
I plan on submitting my experience with this to YGS. I have a habit of typing up stories and taking ages to submit them. I have typed this one up. Unfortunately I don't have any insight into how it happens, which is why I intend to submit it here. Indeed I really don't like waking up in someone else for a few seconds, as it's freaking intrusive and very creepy! I practice astral/OBE and have done for many years so I suspect there is a link to this. I trust that meditation techniques which I've been using will help prevent it from happening. So I can advise that meditation can help with pretty much anything really!
Like you do with your Mother, I had to go through the awkward and creepy thing of fact checking details with the people I'd 'woken up' in. It's important to do these things and I could easily have wrote this off as just a dream. I feel that a lot of 'out there' crap happens far more frequently than people realise because we've been conditioned (we condition ourselves) to blow it off as 'nothing'.

Well, I just wanted you to know you're not alone with freaky what the heck visions and/or perspective what-have-yous.
Val has been interested in visions lately and brought this topic up recently. The discussion is in the recent comments to one of her stories. It may interest you to read the discussion here:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=20577

OMG! Haha there's over a page worth of recent comments on this topic on that story. Wow we really had a lot to say. Well it's very interesting and you can see a few YGSers experiences with this sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone here. I'm sure you've opened a door with this story and many will come forward with their 'omg' moments. 😆
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
I love to dream, it is my nightly adventure
That is always different.
Having knowledge of what is to come can be
A double edged sword. On one hand it can create
An air of exciting anticipation and on the other feelings
Of absolute fear, dread and evil.
I have always seen it as a gift that I am greatful for and embrace totally regardless.
thank you all for the reminder of keeping a diary,
Something I always tell others to do but never do myself 😆 😆 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Miracles: Well, as you know, it does me no good to keep a dream journal since I usually don't remember mine. Seems like the only ones I can remember are spiritual visits and that one recurring dream about driving uphill so steep I feel like I'm going to tip over backward LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
granny - I forgot about the journal part! How on earth did I forget that? LOL
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Triskaideka: Dreams are weird. It's hard for some to distinguish premonition from a regular old dream. Keeping a dream journal helps, but it also helps to dissect the dream to see if there's anything going on in your life that would cause your mind to want to work it out.

However, I think those who have prophetic dreams are more in tune with themselves and more able to make those distinctions, although some never make the connection and write it off as coincidence.

I agree with Miracles. To have a friend with that kind of faith in you is a blessing 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Trisk - like you, I receive messages through dreams. As a matter of fact, last night I dreamed I was sharing two experiences in the comments section on this site. I guess this is why.

I have dreamed about situations that have no relevance to my life at all. It's always in the first person though, and I don't know why that is. I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but I dreamed about a car falling into a sink hole. I dreamed it an hour before it happened. This wasn't even in the state I live in.

I also dreamed of a helicopter crash that I knew the pilot didn't survive. This crash happened a month after I dreamed it. This also didn't happen in my home state.

I can think of a few times when I experienced something physical that someone else felt. Each time it was a very emotional situation.

The only theory, thought, idea I have is empathy. I am an empath so I know that's why I feel things others do. I'm guessing you are too.

Also, I think it's great that your friend listened to your dream, didn't think you were off your rocker, and made a move like she did by faith alone.

Thank you for sharing this with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: