You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Gift Or A Curse?

Real Ghost Stories

A Gift Or A Curse?

 

I guess that even though most of the events that have occurred to me take place in Baton Rouge, La. I feel that it is important I start my story from when I was a child and lived in Mexico.

As far as I can remember, I've always been a little different from everyone else. I really can't remember much from when I was a kid, but my mother always talks about how creative I've been since I was a little girl. She tell stories from when I was a kid, of how I would sit myself and talk and talk for hours. Carrying on conversations with myself.

She says that at first she just thought I was lonely due to the lack of friends. She thought it was a good thing that I let my imagination fly. Most six year old have an imaginary friend, so she didn't give it much thought. Until one day I came to her and told her that I wanted her to meet my friends. She asked where they were and I look at her with a big smile and told her they were right there next to me. Of course she didn't believe me, and told me that they were only in my head and that she thought it was time I started spending some time with other kids my age. She says that I started crying and repeated several times that I wasn't lying that they were right there. After some months, she says that I still had my "imaginary friends" and even though she repeatedly tried talking to me of how my friends didn't really exist, nothing changed.

After some time she decided that a change of environment would be good for me so she filed for our visas and two years later we came to the United States. We arrived at Louisiana in the year 2000 and I was now eight years old. I started school and was giving my best to get accustomed to my new life. My mother pretty much worked all day and so I didn't really get to see her much. And even though we lived with my cousin and her son (we're the same age) I spent a lot of my time by myself. In that Angel is a boy and I am girl so we didn't really get along well back then.

So I spent most of the time watching TV, doing homework, and playing with my dolls. Everything that a normal eight year old girl would do. Months went by and we got accustomed to our new lives. At that point my life was normal. Nothing weird happened. No voices. Nothing. My "imaginary friends" were long gone and I was truly a happy child despite the fact that I didn't get to see my mom a lot due to her job.

Every Friday though, I would stay up late and wait for my mom to get home. But, there was one specific Friday that I can remember clearly. I was in the living room watching cartoons and eating popcorn. When a noise caught my attention. I looked towards the hallway but didn't hear it again, so I continued watching TV. Minutes later I heard the noise again so I looked in the direction I thought it came from and saw a small shadow in the hallway. At first I freaked out, but then curiosity got the best of me so I got up to see what it was. To my surprise it was my new porcelain doll. It was just laying there outside our room (I still slept with my mom at that time).

I remember asking myself if I forgotten to put it up. But I hadn't played with her that day. I came to the conclusion that my cousin Angel was trying to scare me, so I just put my doll back in the room and returned to watch TV. After that incident every Friday I would hear the same noise. I just tried my best to ignore it. But then it wasn't just on Fridays. I started feeling scared. I would hear the doors creek and I didn't know if I was just imagining it or if I was really hearing it.

It got to the point where I didn't want to play with my dolls anymore. At night I would grab a blanket or towel and put it over the shelf where I kept my dolls in that I had a creepy feeling of them watching me. My mother noticed this and asked why I did that. I told her everything but she didn't really believe me. She told me I was imagining things and that I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies anymore (I was a huge fan, until I started experiencing weird things). I told her that I wanted her to take me to church every week (I come from a very religious Catholic family) but since she worked every day, she made arrangements for her cousin to take me. After I started attending mass every week everything went back to normal. Months later I did my communion and my mom was able to spend a little more time with me. I was happy once again.

Everything stayed normal for some years until I was 14. By this time my brother (23 years old at the time) had finally gotten his visa and was living with us. My mom rented a two bedroom apartment and it was just three of us (I shared the room with my mom).

One day my brother and I went to Walmart to buy a chess game. While we were in the game isle we found a Ouija Board game. We thought it was interesting and bought it. We went home and our cousins were there. My brother showed them what we bought and they immediately wanted to play with the game. The instructions said to concentrate but instead they just moved the pointer themselves. So I just watched the boys be boys. When they got bored of it, I took the game to my room and decided to give it a shot. I didn't really believe in that sort of thing at the time. But I was very curious to see if it really worked. So I did a session. At first I got no answer. But I still kept my fingers on the pointer and concentrated really hard. After some minutes the pointer move to "yes" (I asked if anyone wanted to talk to me). I couldn't believe that it actually worked.

I asked it some questions and it gave me answers (that years later came true). I was fascinated! But then I remembered my experiences from when I was eight. I didn't really want to get harm or anything so I went online and researched on how to properly use the Ouija board. I learn prayers to say before every session to protect me, of how NOT to ask any spirit to move things in your home to prove they're truly there (never do this, for you are giving it power to move freely in your home and the spirits are not always nice spirits), etc etc. So once I learned everything I needed to know, I did another session. To me it was just a game despite what other people thought.

And so, months went on without me "playing" with my Ouija board. One day shortly after the 2006 school year started I decided to play with the board after all my chores where done. So after everything was done, I took the game from under my pants in the closet. I went to the living room, lit some white candles for the mood, said a prayer of protection and started the session. But, this session was different from the other two I had done before. I started communicating with a spirit but it didn't really last more than two minutes. The pointer stopped moving so I asked again, if there was anyone that wanted to talk to me. No answer. I waited and asked again. The pointer moved to "yes" and I asked what was it's name. It move to D,I,E and stopped. For some reason my brain was in Spanish mode even though I was asking in English. Since the pointer didn't move I sat there trying to figure out what name it was, I thought Diego (I truly wasn't thinking of something negative). Then it hit me, DIE. I immediately dragged the pointer to "GOODBYE", flipped the board, put in it's box and stored it.

I knew that one should never burn or throw away a Ouija board. In that if something did come into your home, how would you get it out if the door was broken (remember the Ouija board is a portal). So it stayed at the bottom of my closet. Days went by and nothing seemed to have changed. But it wasn't until a couple of months later that things started happening. I started hearing the doors creek, weird noises, and I got paranoid. I told myself that it was the air conditioning making the doors move when it came on. So I started to make sure every door in the apartment was shut (I still do this), specially the closet door where I kept the board. It creeped me out at night if my mom left it open even if it was just a little crack. I got up and closed the door shut.

By this point, I hated being alone. My room felt weird so I spent most if not all of my time in the living room. I only went into the room to go use the restroom and to sleep. Other than that I stayed in the living room area. Well one day as I mopped the living room floor, the microwave turned on. I thought my brother had used it in the morning and didn't let the timer go off, so I simply turned it to zero (it was an analog microwave). I finished mopping and as I was washing the mop the microwave went on again. This time I freaked out a little but thought that maybe there was some electrical surge or something. So I disconnected the microwave, then took the mop out to the balcony. I went back in and turned the TV on. Then I heard the microwave's turntable spinning, again. I went to the kitchen and I was simply astonished!

I had disconnected the microwave but somehow the turntable was spinning. The light inside wasn't turned on, but the turntable was spinning as if the microwave was being used. I got scared to the maximum level and started crying. I ran next door to my cousins house and waited until my brother or mom got home from work. I went home and decided not to tell anyone about the incident. For the next year or so weird things kept happening but I did my best to ignore them.

On January 2008 we decided to move, and I was really happy with this decision. I packed my belongings and didn't even think of the incidents I had experienced in the past. All I could think of was how excited I was to move to a new apartment and go to a new school. As we were unloading our things to the new apartment I remember I had the Ouija board in the closet (like I said, I couldn't throw it away even though it crept me out). I asked George (my boyfriend at that time) to drive me to the old apartment. But when I got there the Ouija board wasn't in the closet. I asked my mom if she hadn't seen a box in the closet and told me "Oh you mean that Ouija board? I threw it away."

The first thought that came to my mind when she told me this was, "Let it be known that I didn't do it!" But, besides that I was super happy I didn't have it with me anymore. I thought I had been really silly for believing something bad would happen if I threw it away. I was happy. I was starting fresh at a new school, new apartment, and living just with my mom. Things were at peace.

We settled very quickly into our new apartment and soon we had returned to our daily routines. Everything was normal. But I guess that in my life things can't stay like that. At the beginning of my 2008 winter break I was home alone doing my chores and listening to music. I was in the kitchen washing the dishes and heard that the jukebox had stopped playing. I figured the CD had finished playing so I dried my hands and went to put on another one. As I was going to take the CD out I noticed that the CD hadn't finished playing, it was paused. I tried thinking of a logical explanation for it, but deep down I had a feeling that there wasn't one. I simply didn't give it much attention and just unplugged the jukebox. I turned the TV on and went back to the kitchen to finish washing the dishes.

When I had finished with all of my chores I sat on the couch to watch TV. Then my mom called and asked me if I could look and see if she had forgotten her glasses in the room, so I did. It probably took two to three minutes for me to go in the room and come back out into the living room. To my surprise when I came out of the room, the TV was turned off. I freaked out and started crying. I called Jean (my current boyfriend) and told him everything or at least I tried to tell with what ever words came out between my sobbing and stuttering. It took him a few minutes to calm me down and then told me to pray, so I did. He said he would come over as soon as he got off work. But meanwhile I didn't want to be alone so I went over to my friends house. Months went by and nothing weird happened. I tried really hard not to think of the past incidents, and tried to simply go on with my life as normal as as possible.

For a little more than a year nothing strange happened in my life. And the events from the past hardly crossed my mind. In the summer of 2010 I was now 18 and curious about many things. One of my curiosities was learning to read tarot cards. I had always been attracted to this sort of things in that I was told my father did something similar (though he didn't use it for good things). So I bought a deck of cards and a book to go with it. It turned out I was actually good, taking in mind that I was just a rookie. Every night I would learn a new card and try to connect to it. At first I did readings just for me then I started reading to my closest friends (for practice) and this went on for some months. But nothing strange happened. Then on January 2011 the scariest thing I've ever experienced happened.

It was around 2:30 AM and I was laying on the couch watching TV. I heard my mom's room door creek open. I thought it was my mom coming to tell me to turn the TV off because it was late. So I rapidly turned off the TV laid face down and acted as if I was asleep. A couple of minutes passed and I didn't hear anything else. So I figured it must have been the air conditioning and decided to go to sleep. As I cuddled myself into the couch I felt a grip around the back of my left ankle. I immediately screamed the way I had never screamed before. It wasn't a scream like the ones one makes while watching a scary movie. No, my scream came out of pure terror. I was horrified! In all of my life I had things turn on and off inexplicably. I had heard noises, but never had anything touched me before. It's hard to explain this, but in those few seconds between me screaming and getting up I thought of looking back to see what it was. But I was too horrified of seeing something horrendous. And in those seconds I guess my instincts of survival took over, because without me thinking of it I was trying to open my mom's room door. As I opened the door I saw my mom getting out of bed and asking me what was wrong. I was literally in shock. Everything happened so fast. All I could say was "something grabbed me" over and over as I sobbed.

Minutes later went by and she was finally able to calm me down and then I told her what had happened. She then started telling me that it was because I "played" with those cards (the tarot cards). That they were from the devil and not from God. She went on and on about how the cards were evil. But all I could think of was that grip around my ankle. I knew it couldn't be because of the cards, though I didn't discard the possibility. And as much as I tried to think of a rational explanation, I simply couldn't find one. I was so shaken up that I couldn't sleep, so my mom started to say prayers over my head until I finally went to sleep. That night was the worse night of my life. It is a feeling of terror that no words can describe. How to explain something like that? There are simply no words that can describe the feeling of that grip around my ankle. And the horror I felt for those few seconds.

After that I neither liked or wanted to be in the apartment so a month later I decided to move in with my friend and her girlfriend. And even though I had to sleep in an inflatable bed in the living room I was happy to move. I moved out in February and had moved back two months later because my mother got ill. I stayed three weeks and she got better so then I moved out again. But this time I moved in with my boyfriend. I thought things had gone back to normal but it didn't. I hated being alone. I hated taking a shower when I was home alone. It felt that every time I closed my eyes I was going to see something. I always had that feeling of someone or something looking at me. I don't really know how to explain it; it's just a feeling one can't shake off. Every time you turn, you move, you talk, you feel eyes fixed on you! I don't know if I was just paranoid because of everything that had happened to me before; I just felt surrounded. Sometimes I would just sit and cry my eyes out while Jean simply listened everything I felt. He was and still is a huge support to me.

And it was during the time we lived together that my insomnia started. It wasn't something that happened over night. No, it started with me just not being able to sleep some nights. I would feel something looking at me even when the room was pitch black. Sometimes Jean would go to sleep and I would just lay there trying to fall asleep; as much as I tried I couldn't. I would start hearing noises coming from the living room, then the bathroom in our room, and then the closet; I tried tuning them out, but most of the time I ended waking Jean up. I would ask him if he could hear the noises too, but he never did. He would just hug me and say a prayer and didn't go to sleep until he was sure I was asleep. I swear that at that point I really started questioning my sanity.

Then the worst thing that could have happened to me at that time, happened. My boyfriend had to work the night shift so I was left all alone in the apartment at night. I was so afraid of being alone I literally turned on every single light in the apartment. I made sure every door was shut and locked myself in my room. Since I couldn't sleep I would watch movies until Jean got home from work.

During that time I didn't read or even own tarot cards or anything of the sort. So I really didn't understand why things like that kept happening to me. I would tell myself that maybe I was just being paranoid and really tried to just ignore everything. The months went on and my mom got ill again. Jean and I talked and decided that it was best that I moved back in with my mom so I could watch over her; by November 2011 I was living with my mom again.

When I moved back things were normal until the afternoon of December 11, 2011. Which is a day before devout Catholics celebrate the day that Our Lady Of Maria Guadalupe (Virgin Mary) appeared in Mexico. So every year we sing her "Las Mananitas" (Happy Birthday) exactly at 12 AM of December 12. At the time my Aunt Clara was staying with us for the holidays. Well on the afternoon of December 11, 2011 while she and my mom went out shopping I was told to decorate Virgin Mary's altar. So I put some fresh flowers and a couple of candles on the table. I went to the kitchen to get matches to light the candles and as was searching I heard a 'thump' sound come from the living room. I went to see what it was and saw that one of the candles was on the carpet. I had no explanation for it. I picked it up and put it on the table again. I sat on the couch just thinking to myself how could it have happened; I simply had no answer.

When my aunt and mom came back from the store I told my mom about the candle falling off the table and she said it was probably the wind. I was astonished with her answer. All the doors and windows were closed and even if they had been open; there is no way a simple wind could knock off a candle that size off a table. It just wasn't possible. I was frustrated that she didn't believe. So I did what I had done in the past, try to forget and move on with my life.

Things stayed quiet for around two weeks. It was around 3:40 AM on December 24, 2011, and I was picking up the mess from my mom's birthday party. I was almost finished cleaning and all I had to do was close the blinds of the balcony door. This had to be done one blind at a time in that someone broke the stick to close the blinds during the party. As I was finishing up I saw a shadow with the corner of my eye come from my mom's room toward the kitchen. At first I thought it was my mom so I asked what she was doing up and got no response. I looked up and saw no one. I went to her room and asked if either she or my aunt had gotten up to go to the kitchen; her answer was no. She asked why was I asking but I told her it was nothing.

Since I couldn't sleep I went to the living room to watch TV until I got sleepy. But of course that didn't happen. For some reason I can't sleep at night. I toss and turn and I can't go to sleep. Never in my life had I had problems sleeping well, in fact I've always been a heavy sleeper. But seems that lately I can't go to sleep until the sun rises. I just don't know what to do anymore. At first I thought that it was my old apartment that had some sort of bad energy. But it seems that everywhere I go something always happens.

For example, after the December 24 incident everything was normal until the end of January 2012. I was in the living room watching TV and playing chess in my laptop when I heard a noise from the kitchen. I looked toward the kitchen and saw nothing so I returned to my game and as soon as I took my eyes from that direction the noise started again. So I sat quietly trying to figure out where exactly in the kitchen was the noise coming from. And then I heard it again and it sounded as if someone was trying to start the blender. So I got up and went to the kitchen to see what it was and saw how the blender's blades spun and stopped. My first reaction was to unplug the blender but when I did this it sounded as if someone was pressing down the blenders buttons repeatedly.

I was really scared and didn't want to stay in the apartment a second longer so I grabbed my cell phone and went outside. I sat on the stairs crying and called my mom to see what time she was going to be home. I couldn't take it anymore and told her everything that happened. She said she would be home in around an hour and that I should go inside and say a prayer. But I had absolutely no intention of going back in the apartment alone, so I stayed outside and called Jean.

The past month was some what peaceful. I still can't sleep very well at night and I still feel like someone's watching me 24/7. I still hear noises but try to ignore them. My mom insist that I should start going to church again (I haven't been to a mass in years) but I really don't feel like going.

A couple of weeks ago a cousin came to visit from Houston, Texas. She is a very religious person and dedicates a lot of her time to church. We were talking and I thought that since she was very devoted to the church that maybe she could help me. So I told her of some of the things that I had experienced and to my surprise she didn't look surprised at all. She said that the first time she came into the apartment she saw a shadow pass in front of her and felt as if all her happiness had just left her. So she started praying in silence ordering whatever this thing was to leave at once. Minutes later she felt okay again but didn't mention this to my mom. In that she wasn't really close to us and didn't know how to explain things to neither me or my mom.

As she told me this I got goosebumps all over my body. For I hadn't told her about me seeing the shadow. I kept explaining everything and told her that lately sometimes when I was in the apartment I felt angry or depressed. She told me that I should stop reading tarot cards and start going to church. She said and I quote, "El malo te quiero agarrar" (The evil one wants to get a hold of you). She told me that if I started going to church again everything would be okay. But every time I want to go something comes up. So I still haven't been able to go and honestly I don't feel and urge to go. I know I should but I never do.

Other than some close friends no one knows of my experiences. And the reason I decided to post this is because I truly don't know what to do. I need help. I need an explanation. I hear all sort of theories; that maybe I have a gift, that it's because I read tarot cards, that it's because I played the Ouija board when I was younger, etc. But I'm not really sure they're correct. I still live in the same apartment I still hear noises from time to time. I hate going into my mom's room, and I still can't really sleep at night. If you have any advice or know what could be going on, please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dayala_819, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Travia29 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Hi I live in Baton Rouge also and our home is very haunted. No one believed me at first either. Seems as if a lot of houses and apartments here are haunted. I had problems in all the apartments I lived in Also. Now that I own a house I still have problems. We had top get a medium to come and remove an entity from our home. He helps solve cases with the police departments around the country but he also told me that I have a special gift so they will always be around me. Maybe that's the case with you
Mf99k (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
first of all your username has a deviation of a magic number in it. I'd be curious to know how you came by that number and/or if it has any meaning to you. It may help me figure out what could be going on.

I have had some paranormal experiences, so I believe you, though mine were much fewer and farther between.
(sorry something bad just happened while I was writing this, that was odd)

OH

I'M so sorry I'm going to have to stop typing now because something else bad just happened and I'm freaking out now.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
[at] fanny - "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.",Paul Boese πŸ˜‰ 😁 soo no hard feelings:)
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Sorry all, this is what will happen when you leave your laptop open at your parents house! I'm not a troll nor am I a giant b&^%h! Sorry to have upset or offened anyone.

Best,
Fanny ❀
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
[at] WReck72 - Thank you for your advice! I will try the medition. I actually bought a CD a while back but haven't used it in a long time; I will look for it. And as far to my "imaginary friends" well to be honest I've never really looked at it that way xD. Maybe they are friendly:) But thankfully these past few days have been peaceful. The only thing that happened was today around 7PM while I was on Facebook. I heard foot steps run from my mom's room towards the kitchen. But other than that I think the praying and the cleansing are working 😁
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
dayala_819-
Prayer is always good but you could also try meditation there's lots of guided meditation youtube videos you can check out some are really some are not, but guided session are good to help get started or when you are having problems calming your mind on your own. This might seem like an odd suggestion but any time I focus on calming myself it seems to help calm my surroundings as well. As far as the insomnia goes try to stop eating at least 2 hours before bed and try taking melatonin at the same time every night for a week or so you should notice you start feeling tired around that time naturally, however every one has natural sleep cycles and while they can be altered and set to an unnatural pattern it will reset it's self back to your natural cycle any time you let it. I think you are probably nocturnal and have just always been set on a day schedule. When you stayed up nights when your boyfriend was working you probably let your body shift back to it's preferred schedule. I have the same sort of issues I get tired until just after 9pm then I am VERY awake again. As far as all the crazy events going on they may be a result of your "imaginary friends" you had as a child. They could be completely innocent attempts to let you know they are still with you. I understand they my not come across that way but if you where invisible to an old friend and wanted to let them know you were there your options how to let them know with out scaring them are pretty limited.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Dayala - I believe you.
Way to go with your response on the drama bit!
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
by the way, IF ANYONE ELSE DOUBTS MY ETHNICITY BACKGROUND I WILL GLADLY SEND YOU THE SAME EMAIL I SEND Scbsd. πŸ˜‰ 😊

-dani ❀
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
[at] Scbsd - Like I've said before, I DON'LIKE DRAMA. I DON'T NEED DRAMA. AND I MOST DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO START DRAMA. So I thought that instead of making my "feelings" regarding your comment public, it was best to handle this in private. So, CHECK YOUR EMAIL.

[at] Darkness - Thank you for your comment 😊; I too don't think the tarot cards had anything to do with my current situation (despite what my mom thinks xD). I did my research before I started reading tarot cards and didn't think they were evil or anything like that (that's why I started using them). And I agree with you that unless someone chooses to use tarot or anything else for bad things, it doesn't necessarily mean they were evil from the start (did that make sense O_o) lol. Rook said, "It is possible that by using both these items you increased your own awareness of 'spirits/entities' and that 'energy output' from you lured 'something' into your home" I think that he's right. And today is my second day of the ritual Rook advice me 😊. Hopefully everything stays calm from now on.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
dayala_819: I believe a lot of what you have experienced may have been looked too much into, a lot of the sounds you heard may have had normal explanations also the electrical issues.

I truly believe that you have witnessed paranormal events aswell, you mentioned that your father was heavily involved in this sort of thing, this was something that was passed down to you I believe and has made you sesitive to the spiritual world. I think you need to look into protection rituals and cleansings for yourself, Rook has his listed below which is tried and proven.
Your use of the Ouija Board I believe may have not helped with the things you experienced, I am glad you where able to be rid of it I believe that was for the best even if it was out of your control!
The Tarot cards, as a user and practicer of these myself I highly doubt you attracted anything from them, they are not evil and if they are it is because you want them to be!
I hope you find comfort in light and love, look to protecting yourself and cleansing. All the best to you. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Scbsd (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
I don't believe that you speak Spanish. Your quote, "El malo te quiero agarrar" actually translates as "The evil one YOU want to hold".

Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of the Spanish language would see your error. The correct way to say "The evil one wants to get ahold of you (grab you) " is, "El malo quiere agarrar le".

This error of yours makes me doubt that you speak Spanish, which makes me doubt that your family is from Mexico and that you used to live in Mexico, and if that is untrue then it makes me doubt your entire story.

I think you're lying, and you didn't even have the courtesy to make it a quick read.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
[at] fanny - If my story bothered you, simply don't comment. I posted it because I truly needed advice on how to solve what I'm going trough. And really if you don't have a positive thing to say to me please just don't comment next time. For I didn't join this site to start drama or be in drama. I simply joined to read about the experiences of others and see if I could relate and find an answer to my problem. And to the fact that I cry too much well, all I can say is that I'M SORRY FOR BEING SENSITIVE; can't really do much about that, it's just the way I am. And about my age well I simply have no comment to your comment... I wish you the best of luck in your life😊.

[at] Rook - Thank you! 😁 That's all I will say πŸ˜‰
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
Uh...Fanny? 2010 - 2000 = 10... 8 + 10 = 18...

I don't mean to be rude but the math is spot on...

Have I been 'Troll Baited'?

Respectfully,

Rook
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Either your math is bad or you don't know how old you are. You can't be 8 is 2000 and 18 in 2010... Just saying. Also you cry a lot. Usually I am not so mean, but something about this story bothers me.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
[ [at] ]Rookdygin - Thank you so much for your advice! I should do it tomorrow and see how things go. 😊

[ [at] ]Ibelieveheshere - Yeah this state has a lot of hunting places;though I've never been to any xD hehe
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Hello, I from Baton Rouge Louisiana been raise here all my life and do believe paranormal and I understand what you going through. 😳
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
dayala,

Thank you for such a detailed answer.

I am not sure how much the board or cards may have played a part in what you have experienced... From what you have described you closed the board sessions and after many, many years of reading the Tarot I have never know them to invite spirits in.

Having said that... It is possible that by using both these items you increased your own awareness of 'spirits/entities' and that 'energy output' from you lured 'something' into your home. Please try this method as it may help...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
[ [at] ]supernatural - I wish I would had known how to get rid of it back then and thank you for the advice. I must say that I read your advice (reading the psalm and the bowls of water) on someone else's story and decided to apply it to myself and so far it has been quiet around here. Hope it stays like that...

[ [at] ]jesus_soldier - I'm not so sure that they were attached to me from my dad, in that I didn't live with him and much less spend time with him (my mom didn't allow it). I'm not even sure what they were but I guess I'll never really know how or why these things happen to me. And I do believe what you say about the Bible and I made a promise to myself that I would take back the path of faith for I have been away from it for many years. Thank you for your cmt 😊

[ [at] ]Lunar_Libra - My father didn't read tarot cards. He did some sort of magic and what I was told was that he didn't use for good things. He did some sort of "jobs" for people (like when someone didn't like someone, they would go to him)...if you catch my drift. But, I didn't know of this until recently and I had to find out by an aunt. And as far as I know besides my cousin Socco (the one that saw the shadow in my story) no one else in my family has ever seen, heard, felt, anything paranormal. And I'm not even sure I have a gift or if I'm being hunted or what's going on with me😒. It's just that I'm so frustrated that it only happens to me and I just want it to stop. Thank you for your opinion 😊

[ [at] ]Rookdygin - Yes, when my mom found the ouija board she did get a little mad and told me that I knew not to use that sort of thing, but she didn't really give it much importance. Because at that point I hadn't told her about the things that were happening to me. And when I was grabbed I had already tried telling her a few things but she didn't really believe me (but I think she chose not to believe). And I guess that that night when I was grabbed and saw how frighten I was, she finally somewhat believed me (though she's never admitted it). And since at that time the only "bad" thing I did was read tarot cards I guess that she thought that that was the reason these things were happening (I dedicated a lot of time to it and she didn't approve of it from the start. She threw away a few decks -_-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I have a couple of questions...

Your Mother finds your Ouija Board while you are packing for a move and says nothing to you about using it, but when you experience being 'grabbed' by 'something' she lectures you about how it's your use of the tarot cards?

What in her life changed that made a difference... Most people 'feel' the board is 'worse' than the Tarot? Just asking.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lunar_Libra (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
What Jesus_soldier says is true. These spirits could have been attracted by your father. And same thing with the imaginary friends. The thing about it is, you only made it a heck of a lot easier for them to reach you by following in your fathers footsteps. Not the evil part but, you still did tarot cards, which as you stated your father did as well. Not to mention the portal you created for them to freely make contact with you. I'm not here to offer suggestions to get rid of them, because like yourself, I too have these experiences, and some of these things are inherited gifts you cannot get rid of. Contact with the lord is very good, and ignoring it can only get you so far. Although the difference between us is I am in contact with all of my family and we all know that it runs in my family, and my family being gifted in this art, we are able to overcome and confront these situations. Like I was saying earlier though, I'm not providing solutions, just explanations. If you truly wish to get rid of this gift, I suggest you can hold it off with a lot of church and you should be good, you should definetely get rid of all your cards and anything relating to this matter. You should probably pray a lot and ask the lord to put a hedge of protection around you keeping yourself safe from all harm and evil. If you feel you need more closure on this thought and conversation. I'm free for PMing
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I have a feeling that these spirits were attracted to you from your Dad. You said that he did similar stuff, and he didn't do it for the good. Those imaginary friends could have been evil spirits. I'm just throwing a thought out there. You should start studying the Holy Bible daily. It brings light and strength to the spirit. It also brings a closer relationship with you and The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. The Holy Bible is a sword to evil spirits. I'm not just talking to hear my voice either. This has worked for me. Even though I still battle these evil entities, I would be dead by now if it wasn't for God. I'm glad your going back to Church. I hope and pray things get better. Thanks for sharing
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
The way to get rid of a ouija board is to take it to the forest and dig a big hole and bury it face down put sea salt on it then put holy water on it. Then fill the whole and let the earth take care of the rest.

For your protection say psalm 91 and 71 3 times out of the king james bible before going to sleep and when waking up. Take baths with sea salt and rue in the water. Leave bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt around your house and when they evaporate refill them. If you need more than that pm me.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Hi missyKoneKo,

I do agree with you that praying helps. That's what has kept things quite around here for some days. But I truly don't think that the ouija board has anything to do with what I'm going through. Or maybe it does. I really don't know anymore...
&& thanks for your advice. My mom and I talked and we're going to start attending church as a family, together 😊
MissyKoneKo (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I don't know what to say, but I think You need to be more close to god, praying always make things go better in no matter what You do. I played the Ouija board when I was en la secundaria in Mexico, and for like 2 weeks I did hear noises coming from the living room and stuff, but they stopped, and now once in a while I feel scared, like someone is watching me, but what I have a lot nowdays are nightmares, I don't know what advice to give you but to pray and get close to god, it works for me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: