You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Wife Says She Is Haunted By Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Wife Says She Is Haunted By Ghosts

 

My wife has maintained throughout our relationship that she has been haunted by a ghost. I tend to be skeptical of this, but would like someone else's opinion of this. My first experience with it was several years ago.

We had both fallen asleep, but several hours later I woke up to find the bedroom light on. I remember turning the light off before falling asleep. I stayed there for a minute thinking that I was confused and we had fallen asleep with the light on, when I hear our oven turn on in the kitchen. I should mention here we were living in a small apartment with the bedroom next to the kitchen. The sound of the knob clicking into place on our oven got me out of bed. I come out to the kitchen to find the oven heating up, and the lights on in the kitchen as well. My wife slept through the whole event.

The second experience occured last summer. I had been deployed to Iraq and was home on R&R. We had locked up the house and gone to bed. I know everything was cleaned and put away before we went to bed because I saw to it myself. In the morning when we went into the kitchen for breakfast we find every cupboard door opened. Not opened like someone was looking through them. Each door was opened perpendicular to the wall.

I've seen war, but this event here scares me more than getting shelled. I think it is because there still is no explanation for what happened. I still maintain that there is a reasonable explanation for what happened, but I would like to gather someone else's opinion. My wife has told me of other events that have happened to her before we met, but because I wasn't there I can't verify the truth of the story.

So any ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, soldierguy29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
soldierguy29,
Where did you go? Lots of insightful questions and things that would allow you to further decipher this mystery... Please come back so we can see how this one "ends".
Watching a skeptic turn is like the sunrise... I never get sick of watching the light come on. I agree all things need to be evaluated before allowing room for the paranormal... But I think that if you are honest with yourself you will realize that you would be a lot more accepting of this phenomenon if you did not think that you would be leaving your wife to deal with it alone the next time you ship out. Your service is admirable and much appreciated; and so is your wife's.

Lou
ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
hello soldierboy I hope that as you read my comment you are in good health. Sometimes you don't have to see to believe your feelings sometimes setd you to make a decision and your own conclusion, don't be in denial when you have seen the obvious. Be strong and I recommend leaving a small recorder or video camera to see what you catch. Thank you for sharing your story. By the way I had similiar experience with the light but minw was my closet light. ❤ ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Interesting story here, soldierguy29.
Thank-you for service to America (i'm a Kiwi girl myself# 😁.
It is not unlike Spirits to haunt or "attach" themselves to certain people. Spirits were attached to me, but not so much now. I would believe what your wife says. Men usually don't believe in this until they actually see it with their own eyes #no offense to men#.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
First I'd like to thank you for your service for us! Thank you very much!

I would listen to your wife. Not all supernatural can be played off as something else. If she says she's been haunted... Just believe her. Your support and service to your family (your wife) is really important. Like you said, You have seen war. But this has scared you. If you yourself have been scared by this. Just assume that it's real! I was having a hard time to get my hubby to be to believe me. I have had my mother and my father both explain to him that this isn't the first time this has happened to me. I am 22 so my childhood years are still so fresh in my mind! Truth is... When a person thinks they are haunted with no belief by their made support (your wife and you) she will usually always get frustrated with you. So even if you don't believe her. Make her feel like you do! I would have to say that your house is haunted, maybe not the house itself. But maybe your wife is, So the only way "they" can let you know they are there... They have to do so by the house. Just support her in all she says. If she seems perfectly sane... Then why question her? Good luck... And again thank you!
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Maybe its sleepwalking. I'm sure if your house is haunted those things will happen more and more throughout your life. If the same thing occurs more than once that's when I'd start to get worried about it.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
First and Formost, Thank you for your service!

You may have a ghost but I agree with the questions that adsouza said, the big one being how long have you known your wife? Another thing I would wonder is has any of these things happened BEFORE you were married? And finally, good luck, I would definitely go with the cleansing that Rook has suggested, a little help can go a long way.

Good luck and Stay safe ❤
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
soldierguy - You don't need to post the answers here, but the questions below may help you.
1. For how long do you know your wife?
2. How long have you dated?
3. Do you remember any instances that may have triggered any reaction that was out of the ordinary?
4. How much do you know of her growing up years?

These answers will help you analyze the present situation. In addition, granny and rook have presented their views.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Granny, I thought the same thing about the self cleaning oven too. My brothers wife just brought a new wizz-bang oven with a self cleaning feature. She was awoken one night to my white faced brother shaking her telling her there was "a ghost in the kitchen baking cookies" LOL! 😆 She had set the timer on the self cleaning mode and he was smelling cookie crumbs in the bottom of the oven heating up! 😆
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
has anything opprressive or negative happened? If so I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 out of the king james bible every day at least once, also if you want low level manifestations to stop leave bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt to evaporate around the house. Refill as needed
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
soldierguy: Rook's comment also made me wonder whether your oven is equiped with "self cleaning"?...The temerature in the oven during this cycle is extremely hot, and for safety reasons, there's a lock on the oven door so it can't be opened during cleaning... If it's a newer stove, the self cleaning cycle can be set to start at a certain time and click on by itself... I have a newer stove, and it locks the door automatically as well...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
I see while I was typing and finding the words I was looking for a couple of people have posted...I'd like to say this...

Not all 'Haunting's' are caused by spirits... Some activity comes from sources that are strictly 'energy based' and can not be communicated with... Poltergeist Activity falls into this 'Category'.

A Poltergeist may be a Spirit, a 'Trickster' that has been attracted by the 'energy' of a preteen/teen ager entering puberty... Or any 'High Energy / Stressful Environment'. It may also be a release of that same 'Energy/Stress' in a 'Psychokinetic' manner... This is when things move because of an 'unconscious effort' mentally by an individual. Events such as these will be 'viewed' as a Haunting / Paranormal because there is no 'ready' explanation as to what is happening.

Just something to think about before assuming every Haunting is an Intelligent Haunting.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
soldierguy,

I'll address your second experience first... Because I thought of a 'mundane' reason that may have happened...

The cabinet doors... Could this have been a case of 'sleepwalking' and a 'reflexive' action by you to have 'extra cover' between you and any possible 'shrapnel'? It's a thought...

The oven turning itself on however is a bit different. A couple of questions... Gas or electric? Older Stove or Newer Model? I ask because if the knob got stuck in a position that allowed it to be off and yet it 'slipped' into the on position which you heard. (I'm reaching for you here...) I know that is a remote possibility but it's with-in the realm of the possible.

Journal time, start documenting things... Do they increase or decrease when you return or depart... If either which and how long does the 'spike' in activity last? I ask because Poltergeist Activity, mostly associated with pre-teens and puberty can happen due to high stress/emotionally charged atmospheres. (Not saying there are issues between you and your wife... But parting and returning generate a certain amount of stress in the household (I am US Navy myself...Retired...OEF, OIF vet so I know about deployments). These 'events' could be caused by a psychokinetic release of those 'stress' levels. More commonly refereed to as Poltergeist Activity. If I was a betting man this is where I'd put my money cause the 'sticky switch' and 'sleepwalking' suggestions, while viable... Are an extreme Long Shot.

Respectfully,

Rook
Csprstrykpr (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Wow! You say at the beginning that you tend to be skeptical. That must be hard to do given this set of circumstances. Do you know who might be haunting your wife and has she had this stuff happen before? Perhaps it's female, being as it likes the kitchen. Have you tried to contact it, find out what it wants?
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
I have no doubt about your apartment is haunted. Maybe some ghosts attach to your wife as well. Have you ever thought about getting rid of them? A lot of people here can give you good advice on how to do that.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
soldierguy: Here's an idea: you have a ghost 😆...Has anything happened during the day?...Does your wife seem scared to be alone while your deployed?...Have either of you been physically messed with?...Do you live on the base?...Have either of you heard strange sounds/noises; disembodied voices, like your name being called and it wasn't the other one calling?...

Sometimes our ghosties like to do stuff while they think they won't be noticed by us...But, I think we need a little more info before saying what/who this might be 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: