You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Never Had A Chance To Say Sorry

Real Ghost Stories

Never Had A Chance To Say Sorry

 

Is there any circumstances in your life that changed you? An event that you will never ever forget? Perhaps a situation that taught you something? Well, I was just wondering if someone perhaps has the same experience I had when I was a kid.

To begin with my story...

I was in the province, nothing peculiar on that day. If I can recall, I was 7 or 8 years old that time. We were in my grandmother's house in Batangas, Philippines. Supposedly, there should be people in the house, since it was Fiesta during that day. I was not aware that they went out and visited some of my aunts and uncles near our village.

Just to give you an idea what our place looks like back in the days, roads are under constructions, there are no fences on each houses, houses are near to each other and there are lot of kids playing outside.

So, it was late afternoon, I just woke up and to my surprise there was a girl standing beside my bed smiling at me and she asked me 'Sino ka ga?' (batangas dialect which means 'who are you?') she's around my age that time. So, I answered her with my name and even tell her who my parents are. As a kid and being a jolly, I got excited because I know she's my cousin and we can play together. I asked her name but she did not answer me like she did not hear me but instead asked me question again, 'nakita mo ga si itay?' (Have you seen grandpap?') there are different ways on how will you call your grandfather in different provinces. I got shocked because 'our' grand father is dead I think 2 years already (only if I can remember that time). Like how come you have no idea that he's dead, right? So, again, as a kid I didn't bother why she asked that.

So, I went downstairs looking for my mom and even invited her if she can come with me but she refused and said ('hintayin ko ang itay at baka mamura ako kapag bumaba ako') ('I'll wait for grandpap. He'll be mad if I go down without him knowing it.)

I finally got the courage to tell her that (diba ga eh patay na si itay? Baket mo ba sinasabe na magagalet siya sayo?) (As a kid, I will tell her what I know with no hesitations) (Why are you saying that grandpap will get mad at you? Don't you know he's dead?) She got mad and ran to grandpap's room and I felt bad because I felt like I made her upset.

So, I went down still looking for my mom and my cousins but they are nowhere to be found, only our neighbors. Since it's fiesta, I went to one of my aunt's house and stayed there until they arrived and played with my other cousins.

Just to give you an idea what happened to my grandpap's room after he died was, they kept it empty. I went back in the house as one of my cousins told me that my mom and my younger sister is at home already. I told my mom about whom I was able to talk about that day and they were just laughing at me with questions on their face and asked where is the kid then? But I don't know her name, all I know she stayed in my grandfather's room so I lead them going there but as we approach the room I saw a picture of a lil' girl and told them that she's that girl I was talking about and then ran right away to the room where she was staying.

My mom and my grandmother just looked at me with horror in their face while I was opening the door I remember I smell a sampaguita scent coming out from that room and I saw a toddler porcelain doll standing in the middle of the room and the girl was nowhere to be found.

I cried after that because the doll was sooo creepy. The doll was just looking at me like even my soul got scared. I just found out lately that the person I was able to spoke to was just my grandmother, my grandfather's sister. My grandmother who really loves to play with me whenever my mom is out and when she's the only one left at home who can take care of me.

From that time until now, I am so creeped out to any types of doll and I don't know why. I always remember that whatever happens in our lives we always treasure the time we had with our loved ones and always express your sorry and your love to them and appreciation.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story. Thanks YGS!

Other hauntings by Eerie69

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eerie69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Hi Eerie69,

Of course I must know. I'm a Filipino myself:) So, I assumed there's really no concrete reason why she appeared to you, Natuwa lang talaga sya:)

[at] RSAChick, here in the PH, we have a culture to call all elders/seniors "grandma, grandpa" even if they're not part of the clan. It is a form of respect to senior citizens:) hope that helps with regards your confusion.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-18)
I know how you must have been afraid, she must have been looking for your grandfather and thought somehow you could help her. Maybe she needed to hear you say he had died and they are together now. I have heard it said spirit will show themselves more often to children. Who knows for sure why they come to us, but you are so right that we should cherish the time we have together with our loved ones. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-16)
Hi Eerie, thanks for this story. Unsettling to think you have a playmate only to realise later it was a dead relative. But I like the life lesson that you give at the end ❤️

I got confused because I don't call my grandparents' siblings my grandmother/father. Just aunt or uncle. But my colleague who has some Indonesian heritage, explained to me that she calls her grandpa's sister grandmother. A great thing about my country - multicultural, with the opportunity to learn something new from each other every day!

Dolls can be so creepy, especially porcelain ones. I have a young son and the closest thing to dolls are his Lego figurines and teddy bears. Nothing scary here 😆
Eerie69 (5 stories) (19 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
Hello Majarlika012,

In the Filipino terms 'natuwa' which means they got amused because I was a mew kid, new face someone new they can play with stuff like that. (That's what my aunts and uncle told me)

Thank you for reading my story ❤
Eerie69 (5 stories) (19 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
Hi Lealeigh,

In fact, she's not my cousin. My mom said, she was my grandmother whom I've never ever met nor my mom. She was my grandfather's sister who died way back before I was born. (I have no idea and my mom nor my dad too)

Thank you for reading my story. ❤
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-11)
Hi,

Did something happen to your lola when she was little? Wy do you think she made herself appear to you as she was your age?

Did you still encounter her after that in any other occasions?
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi Eerie69,

Did you know that the girl was a cousin of yours because of the picture in the hall?

I think that I would have been startled by this experience too, if it had happened to me. Dolls give me the creeps too.

My grandmother used to buy me and my sister beautiful dolls when we were little. They always scared me because there eyes always looked like they were following you. I always kept them turned around facing the pillows.

Do you remember what happened to the doll that was found in your grandfather's room?

Thank you for sharing, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: