You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Bloody Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Bloody Mary

 

This story is about my friend Cassie, Cassie's step sister, Macie and I after what happened in Party gone wrong we were at my house and were telling ghost stories and reliving our past experience when Cassie decided to try "Bloody Mary". In my bedroom my closet doors are mirrors so it's like having four full length mirrors. The lights were already off so we sat on my bed and looked at the mirrors.

We chanted bloody mary three times and nothing happened so we just laughed it off and turned the lights on. Nothing strange happened until my parents left to go see my aunt and uncle. We were laying on the floor getting ready to go to bed when we heard someone walking up and down the hallway and we knew we were the only ones home. Then I saw the hall light come on and my bathroom door flew open and the tap started running full force and the shower came on. Macie went and turned everything off and suddenly it was calm. Then we heard someone drumming their fingers on my door outside in the hall. We all held our hands up to show we weren't doing it and it kept going. I jumped up and flung the door open and it stopped, then my closet doors burst open. We started praying that it would all stop and suddenly it did.

Nothing has happened since and I am so glad. Now Cassie and I don't look for ghostly encounters and we pray that they don't look for us.

Other hauntings by Nikki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Have to say, I actually like the origin story that Rook summarized. I've heard many Mary stories, but never rook's version. If you think about it, the story concerning the eyes and dying in front of the mirror-- as well as Mary's spirit wanting to take revenge on the girls who did the prank all tie in to make the story very much believable. And FYI...I've done previous research for a college paper once and learned that in the entire world, every country has its own version of Bloody Mary. That was interesting to discover.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
Oh I wanted to confirm that "Bloody Mary" was the daughter of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon, and indeed her name was given to her by the Protestants, due to how many people she'd had executed. Well, at least that was the Bloody Mary of history.

I believe the menstruation story. It was also a chant in olden times done before looking into the mirror, as it was supposed to reveal a woman's potential husband. But if she saw the face of death, that meant she'd die without getting married.

Eventually that old chant, I suppose, got mixed in with the Bloody Mary of history. I'd not heard that the chant was linked to the oncoming of menses, but that actually kind of makes sense. Poor young Mary suffered from irregular menses and terrible depression. (I'd be depressed, too, if my father and mother claimed they'd never consummated their marriage and I'd been suddenly declared illegitimate, then my mother died when I was only 20.)

Alas, poor Mary never bore any children. As it turns out, she suffered from ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and possibly liver cancer (which caused two phantom pregnancies.) So I suppose that would explain her wrath, especially toward teenage girls giggling in front of a bathroom mirror, taunting her.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-06)
Bejek: It would had been a great mistake to trow away such a cool story! 😲 And not because of its literary value, but for thread of comments, they are very funny! πŸ˜†
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-06)
Best. Thread. Ever.

Also, I'm inspired to purchase some V8.

I love you guys. πŸ˜†
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-06)
Also [at] princessLotus - Mary Queen Of Scots was never called Bloody Mary, that nickname went to her English cousin, and future queen Mary, eldest daughter to Henry 8th and sister to Elizabeth 1st...

'Brush up on your History kiddies.' πŸ˜†
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-06)
Some of these tales sound remarkably like the Stephen King book/film Carrie... Come on, who thinks there was a bucket of pigs blood at a prom involved? Anyone?
Bejek (10 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
How did this even get published to the site? Someone should have thrown it out.
Paranormal_Activity (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
None of those are the true stories. Wanna know the true one? Here it is. Mary was in college and went into her bathroom. She called upon a demon. She died of a heart attack and smashed into the mirror so the name caught on. Bloody Mary is not true.
I tried it when I was 7.:)
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
Yesterday I read a story about this "Bloody Mary" it was like a witch who lived in a village she started killing the young girls of the village. She was caugh when she was chanting a spell on millier's daughter. The soilders shot at her and the bullet hit her in the hip and she fell down! The soilders grabbed her and burnt her and she cursed on the villagers that whoever fool enough to chant this spell (saying "Bloody Mary" 3 times infront of a darkened mirror) her soul will come up to them and will tear them into pieces and they will be locked in the mirror forever!
DannX68 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
I've tried saying Candyman five times in front of a mirror, and I'm still here 😊
Granny, you also know your Lizzie Borden, I see πŸ˜‰
Teneki, you made me LOL hard πŸ˜†

This comment from ForbiddenShadows is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Nargacuga14 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
i don't dare call you know who, I wana live a normal life not a paranormal life: (
Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Do you's believe in her? I'll leave that up to you to decide πŸ˜‰ make sure you be careful of what you wish for some spells can't be changed! If you believe in them that is...
j20lover (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I did it nothing happened but one night after my mom had gone to bed I swore I herd a tv on and no one was down there and foot steps
missberry (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
With my family being from southern Mississippi and Louisiana, I was raised on superstitions. You couldn't pay me to do this. I would advise anyone reading this to not call on this demons name. You're opening your soul up with this deadly "game" and your don't even realize it.
Ariyannoor (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
It's unbelievable I never belived bloody Mary is real but today at morning I was holding my iPod with Allah's name written and went to the bathroom and cried bloody Mary 3 times. At first nothing happened then suddenly I saw my upper nose bleeding hard I ran out of the toilet. I don't know does she appears at day time too 😨
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
My niece tried it and due to the anxiety caused forgot about the curling iron in her hair. She turns to leave, the curling iron pulled on her hair, and she screamed bloody murder.
cheyennelee (1 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
The nickname Bloody Mary derived from Mary I of England, daughter of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon. She'd killed 283 Protestant Martyrs during her reign as queen, thus earning the name 'Bloody Mary' after she'd died. They also believe that it could be because of her multiple miscarriages and false pregnancies.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
You guys are funny! I have a good one for you. I read an article by a sociologist that theorized that the bloody Mary "ritual" is actually about the onset of menses & the fear / apprehension that creates.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
This is the 110% True Story behind Bloody Mary, as told to me by her sisters first cousin twice removed... It happened in the Early 1960's...

Mary was a college student, she was what would be described as a 'plain Jane' and went around campus almost completely unnoticed. She had developed a 'crush' on the schools Quarterback and would write love letters to him that would never be delivered as she was to nervous to do so. While walking between classes one day she managed to drop the notebook that contained these letters, they were found, and read, by the Head Cheerleader who happened to be dating the Quarterback and a group of her friends.

As a joke they returned the notebook, in it was a typed letter that said...'I never knew you felt this way, I have noticed you... Your soft brown hair and sparkling eyes meet me behind the field house tonight so we can talk.'

Mary went that night and as she stood behind the field house waiting the Head Cheerleader and her friends were hiding on the roof and as Mary passed underneath them they dumped a bucket of bleach over Mary's head. Little did they know that Mary was highly allergic to the chemicals contained in bleach... As they watched her skin began to bubble and split... She began to bleed, turning her white sweater red with blood. The Cheerleader and her friends rushed Mary into the Women's Locker Room and over to the sinks to help wash off the bleach... This BACKFIRED as the water ran over her face it washed the bleach into Mary's eyes and the last thing Mary saw was her reflection in the Mirror as the bleach burned out her eyes and she fell over dead.

She never saw who had done this to her but with her last breath she swore revenge on those who did. Now anyone foolish enough to face a mirror and call out her 'Name' fall victim to her unending wrath.

Granny...ya got's ta be careful what you ask for...πŸ˜‰

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
[at] zzgranny,
WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!
I think you're right! But the one I heard about was wearing a white dress. Yeah, and then she got mad because they wouldn't stop calling her the lady in white and she went on a killing spree screaming "My name is Mary!" But by then she was covered in blood.
Yeah, that's the ticket...

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Good one granny!
Okay, kids! The real deal?
Bloogy Mary is a drink made with tomatoe juice, spices, tobasco, celery stick as a garnish, and VODKA! Have a nice tall one next time you have a hangover.

Jav 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
ooo ooo I got one!...

Mary was the wife of a prominent Puritan pastor... Together they had 19 kids!...One day, Mary discovered her husband had been bewitched by the town imbecile... That night she went searching for the witch, and when she found her, she chopped her head off with an axe... She took it home to show her husband, only to be told that the witch was helping to keep the spirits from the Indian burial ground that their house was built on away!...Being in a state of fervor, she was easily possessed by one of the savage brutes, and proceeded to use the axe on the rest of her family... When she saw what she had done, she gave her mother forty wacks and her father forty one!...She then turned the axe on herself and cut both of her own arms off, and her feet... Then she wedged the axe in the wall under a mirror and ran at it full speed, killing herself... While watching herself die in the mirror, she vowed to return and have her revenge on all the imbeciles of the world who chant her name in a mirror...

That's what I heard, anyway... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Jetbooster123 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
b-Mary lived in america. She was a rich woman, she lived happily until she heard a voice saying that there is bad hope for her. She never believed. One day a man came up to her and pulled out her eyes and then killed her. Now who ever does the B-Mary ritual either gets killed, stays alive but with scars or gets serious injuries or pulled in the mirror 4 eternity,b-Mary kills her victims thinking it is the man who killed her.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Bloody Mary is Mary Queen of Scots nick name. I know this & just to back up the fact I Googled it to make sure.

Http://englishhistory.net/tudor/relative/maryqosbio.html

Brush up on your History kiddies.

~LSD~
bellaswan321304 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
i know the true story of her and here it is.
A long ime ago, there was a girl named mary, she lived with her father and mother, one year, she got very sic and fell into a coma, she was in a coma for 3 months, and then the doctor finally said that mary was pronounced dead. But her parents thought she would come back alive so they got her in a coffin and buieried her in their frount yard but they left a little hole in the coffin and through the dirt and put a string in it that was attached to a bell and put it in her hand. They waited for hours and when they were about to go in, they herd the bell. They dug her up as fast as they could but by that time, she was dead and her finger nails were all off and she was all bloody, (this is how she got named bloody mary) and it turns out, her parents beat her before she got sick and now she haunts because she thinks that the people that are her victoms are her parents grate grate grate grnd people or somthing and she wants them to suffer just like her.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
Bloody Mary. Mother of plastic surgery?
OR---
Author of nursery rhymes?
You be the judge...

The itsy bitsy spider
Climbed up the water spout.

Jav 😲
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
What the heck? First of all, if something bit your face off so bad that there was nothing but muscle left, no amount of makeup would cover it and you would probably develop an infection and die. Who comes up with this crap anyway?

Lou, your comment made me smile.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Mary, Mary,...why you buggin'?

And that's all I got to say about that.

Lou
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Sorry, that's Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon...sheesh... πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: