You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mimi Said Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Mimi Said Goodbye

 

My grandma, who was like another Mom to me passed away in November of 2011. She unexpectedly developed a blood clotting disorder. My one year old son, who loved her dearly and had always been excited to see her, was acting funny at the hospital like he knew something wasn't right. She promised when she was well enough to communicate that she would look out for him when I couldn't.

The next day our family met with Hopice and while we were talking with the nurse my Dad rushed down the hall telling us her heart stopped. He begged her to come back and tell us all good-bye and as I walked in I could see the monitor and she had no heart rate and was flatlined. Then her heart started beating as we all gathered around her bed and told her we loved her then she left us. She was a very family oriented person and loved Christmas. She especially liked to spend time with my son who called her "Mimi".

Mimi Said Goodbye 1

Mimi Said Goodbye 2

A few days before Christmas I was at work (I am a ICU nurse) and my husband was at home with my son who was playing in our family room. He was blabbering and laughing for awhile over and over again so my husband checked on him. He kept talking and saying Mimi. My husband took a few pictures.

We do not smoke in the house but one has a mist and my son is clearly looking at someone/something during his conversation. The other pic you can see a reflection towards the bottom of the middle of the fireplace glass that closely resembles my Grandma's face. She loved him so much and I believe she came to tell him good-bye.

Losing her has really helped me connect with patients' families and give them hope to hold onto the belief that she is always looking out for him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coleyjo11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I'm sorry for your loss 😢
This is a wonderful story and the pictures are great, I am sure Grandma Mimi is as close to you and your son as she was when alive... Her love for you will never die.

I can not wait to read the experiences you had while living in that scary house.

Take care
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
wonderful post thanks for sharing coleyjo 😊
These kind of posts are the reason I enjoy this site so much, the ones that make you smile, and prove that loved ones do come to us after they have passed.
Taz
coleyjo11 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
I never feel anything bad in the house but something is there. We moved from a scary house in IL where there was definately something bad. We even moved our son into our room, slept with the dooors closed, and had the house and property blessed and smudged it with sage. I do hope it was her and I keep her memory alive with pics, stories, and passing on traditions to my son that she instilled in me as a child. Thanks for the feedback. I see so much as a nurse that does make me feel like there is someplace better and we may be with those we love again one day!
smiley101 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
Oh my god! My grama's name is Mimi too.😊 but I really hope this is not a negative entity pretending to be Mimi.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
coleyjo11 - this is a wonderful story and I, for one, believe Mimi was speaking to your little boy.

There might be people who will try and tell you that this is "residual" cigarette smoke stirred up by heating or whatever, even though you don't smoke in the house, but I have deliberately taken a picture of one of my friends smoking so I could have a comparison. This is not cigarette smoke.

I can't prove it's not something else that is not paranormal, but under the circumstances, I'd go with your heart. Mimi came back to say goodbye. It happens all the time. Most of the time we're not lucky enough to have physical evidence like this though. 😊

Thank you for sharing your little boy's story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: