You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Pink Guitar

Real Ghost Stories

Pink Guitar

 

I don't want to categorize this as my first experience because I don't remember much of it but this is the first paranormal thing that happened to me when I was a 2 year old. Before I was born, my mom lived in Dallas with her oldest brother and his wife. They had two boys and two daughters at that time and one on its way (the boys and one of the daughters were from my aunt's first matrimony).

One day, my aunt found a Pink guitar at a yard sale. My mom liked that toy guitar a lot, and she was willing to buy it for me, just that my aunt had her eyes on that guitar first and bought it for her youngest daughter Kristy. My mom didn't care though, but she wished she could've bought something so cute as that for when I was born I could play with something. My cousin Kristy would play with that guitar a lot. She would be the happiest child when she would play with that guitar. It was pretty odd why it never run out of batteries, but as a child that's the least thing on your mind.

When my mom left the US with me I was a year old and we went to live with my grandparents at Mexico. A year later (now me as a 2year old) my uncle and aunt from Dallas sends stuff. We were happy to receive many things and from the many things they got, we got the pink guitar. My mom was glad that the toy she wanted for me was now in my possession and I could play with it. I sort of remember playing with it and it was my favorite toy, the only thing that I didn't remember it was why they had to throw it outside the house so I couldn't play with it anymore, until a year ago I found out the question that I always wondered.

My mom told me that one night she heard a guitar sound coming from my room. She thought I was playing but in her mind it was so absurd that almost a 3 year old would be playing in the middle of sleeping time. She went to check on me and her surprise was that I was asleep; the only problem was that the guitar was playing by itself. The guitar didn't had strings to strum it only had buttons that would make sounds. My mom freaked out then grabbed the guitar and tried to take the batteries out. The creepiest part of this situation was that it never had batteries. She grabbed the guitar and throws it outside. My mom thought to herself maybe that's why my aunt was giving it to me and that's why maybe it was in a yard sale in the first place. She never gave that guitar to me and it stayed outside and probably sometimes playing randomly on itself.

The last time I remember seeing the guitar, it was when I was seven years old and the stickers and the color of the guitar were faded because of the rain and the dryness of all the years it has been outside without any use. I remember grabbing it and putting it back where I found it. When I put it back, it started to play with a weary slow melody. It didn't scare me because at that time I didn't know that batteries gave some toys energy for them to function (and if this doesn't convince you, I was really naive).

Now as an adult, I wonder why they never threw that guitar in the first place if it was haunted. Maybe they forgot to do that because it got mix into the junk we had outside and they didn't care after that. I also sometimes think this was not much of a paranormal experience, though it has its creepy moments. I know if that ever happened to me today that I have more knowledge about the world, and that I know there's a spiritual world too, I know for sure I would be scared and take this experience more seriously than how I'm taking it right now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedMoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Noah67 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
I feel a cold sweat after reading this. She threw it away... That was a bad idea. Brainwave... Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little? That could answer it all. You see, some of them can be those ghosties this site deals with. Anyway, if you did have one, it must have left you (as a ghost), [Scared] and then... Wanted to play once more, prompting it to play with your cute toy guitar, that it tried to use to wake you up... Sorry if I scared you that time... I run to random conclusions when I deal with stuff like this. I agree, things can be possesed. Every time my sister went outside with her doll she would point at the old, tall, tall tree. We really don't know its history, only that we get creeped out by it, and that the family that owned our house planted it, and left suddenly. I like avoiding it when i'm outside, since its backstory is as creepy as a dark cave full of giant flesh eating spiders. I feel like i'm being watched every time I pass the tree. I know that sounds like something from a horror movie though it was my first time I tried dealing with anything paranormal. If your mother hadn't thrown that thing away, you could have found out more.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I would appreciate if you could clarify this point, which appears to be the crux of the whole story: "it never had batteries". What do you mean by that? Was it a toy that did not take batteries of any kind and ran on some other kind of power? Did your mom open the battery component and find it empty? Or maybe your mom didn't find a battery compartment, but in fact there WAS one, complete with batteries, that she didn't notice? I only ask because your description of the guitar playing a "weary, slow melody" sounds like what toys do when the batteries are low. Are you SURE there were no batteries?
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
heyy redmoon I think this story is horrofying keep up the good work
Thanks ❤
❤ - ghostgirlforever
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hypothetically speaking---

IF ghosties exist, then they must some form of 'energy' that we've not encountered yet.

Continuing with that hypothesis- ghosties using that self same energy must be able to... Lack of a better term... Channel it.

Which begs the question: Why?

I've encountered stories from many associates who've had the exact same thing occur. Not guitars of course, but usually child toys...
Ergo- they may be attempting to communicate. Perhaps some form of Ghostie Morse Code.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
This was a very creepy story-brilliant!😁Going straight into my favourites! I have one question though, what did it run on if not batteries?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
loved it! I one time had a elmo doll that when you like pressed it's belly it would say "belly!"
Me and my brother though it was just plain creepy, bbut we got our mother to buy it because we wnted to make a scary movie out of it. Of course we never did, and somehow it got up into my MESSY room. Again someone it in up at the foot of my bed. Though I still thought it creepy I was to lazy to move it. So that morning I got woken to elmo saying "belly...belly...belly" it did this about 3 times, each time I was getting more awake, and scared. But then I realize that very time I strighted my legs it would hit the doll just right so it would say "belly". Well you can tell how happy I was when I figured out that. Neverless I think it still ended up back at the theif store. 😁
*I'm not saying your is fate dear, just sharing my experiences with you ❤
GIRILE 😉
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Things can be possessed, it doesn't matter it is a doll, a piano or a guitar. This guitar must has its own story.

Nobody can answer why your mother kept the guitar outdoors for 7 years and didn't throw it away at the first place. You can only get the answer from your mother.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: