You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Serenading Guitar

Real Ghost Stories

Serenading Guitar

 

It was the summer of '72 on a hot summer night. I was rather lonely that night because I couldn't find my friends that I usually hang out with. It was dark outside and I was laying on my bed reading a book. I lost track of the time and began to get sleepy, so I put my book away and turned off the light for sleep.

As soon as I laid my head down on the pillow I couldn't move?! I felt a cool tingling sensation come over my body, I got goose bumps. I could hear some kind of wrapper being rolled up and tossed. I lay there trying to move, it was very quiet. All of a sudden there was someone standing there at the side of my bed wearing cowboy boots. I couldn't look up or in any other direction. Then I heard a guitar begin to play. It was soft and so lovely, music I had never heard before. It went on for some time and I felt this sadness as if the guitar player was telling me something through the music. It touched me to my soul. I remember I just wanted to cry, but I couldn't.

I lay there in my room listening until the guitar player stopped. All of a sudden I could move, I sat up in bed as fast as I could but no one was there?! I even looked for the wrapper I heard being crumpled up and tossed on the floor, nothing. I just sat there with the lights on trying to process what had just happened, was it a dream? I just knew it wasn't. I finally calmed down and turned off the lights to go to sleep. As soon as my head was on the pillow the whole episode started all over again?! I couldn't move and my body had this weird kind of tingling sensation. I've never heard the melody before or since. But I could feel those guitar cords being played all the way to my soul. It was so beautiful, sad and sweet at the same time. I still remember this happening from time to time, and wonder...

Other hauntings by Cherubim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cherubim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
There are musicians in my family. I don't know a lot about the history of my ancestors like so many do. I was apprehensive the whole time this strange melody was being played. I'd love to know more about the song! I knew nothing of the neighborhood at that time in California. ❤ Thank you AugustaM for taking the time to read my story.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-10-07)
I remember my first camping trip where after a utterly sleepless first night of stormy weather and sounds that to my child's mind could not possibly have been anything other than the approaching footsteps of large hairy bloodthirsty beasts - I dreaded the prospect of nightfall on the second night. When at length I may my head on the pillow, soft guitar music started up. I have no reason to believe that the serenader was anything other than a completely mortal being in the next camp site but -just the same- he kept the music up all night and just knowing by its sound that somebody was out there let me rest soundly - I know what comfort such music can bring.

Your experience is fascinating - do you have any late musicians in your family? Do you know the history of your home/neighborhood? This fellow sounds like he has a story to tell.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-26)
No, it was more crinkly like cellophane. Strange, but at the time I knew a lot of musicians and would sometimes get invited to private parties to listen to them play their guitars and other instruments. I LOVE music and we'd have sing a longs. I like what you said about it's solely for the listener. For the most part I was a lonely teenager. Thank you for your comment. ❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-26)
I immediately thought of a guitar player I once knew that would put in a stick of gum just before playing his guitar. I wonder if the sound of the wrapper was something like that? Ethereal melodies are often meant solely for the listener.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: