You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Small Pink Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Small Pink Haunted House

 

The small pink haunted house was where my best friend, L, lived during high school. Their family bought some land 30 minutes outside of a "big" town in South Dakota. They bought many acres of land and on the land stood the small pink haunted house. They were building a big house on the opposite side of their land but decided to live in the small pink house to save money while the big house was being constructed. Even though, L, her mother (D) , and her younger sister (M) knew the little pink house was haunted.

L's family is extremely sensitive to paranormal experiences. It seems like ghosts are "comfortable" around their souls because they are always encountering ghostly experiences. Many occurrences have happened in the pink house. The house has shown its spirits many times, in many ways. Although, I have not been there to witness many of the occurrences, I have experienced one that no one else saw...

It was midnight on Black Friday. (Black Friday is after Thanksgiving when there are many sales for Christmas.) L and I decided to drive separate because she was going to come back home and I was going to stay in town where I lived. The driveway to the small pink house wrapped around the entire house. (Imagine the number 6. Inside the circle is where the small pink house was and the actual number is the driveway.) Because the way the driveway was set up, the parked vehicles just pulled slightly off of the driveway. There was no actual place for parking cars. L's car was parked to the right of the house and my car was parked to the left of the house. When I was walking down the wheel chair ramp to my car (the house's previous tenant was wheelchair bound) I looked into her younger sisters, M's, car and I saw someone sitting in the driver seat. I look away for a split second. But when I looked back, the individual sitting in the driver seat was gone. The individual who was in the driver seat was a young girl with long blonde hair. My eyes immediately teared up along with every hair on my body stood up as high as they could. By the reaction that occurred within my body, I just knew it couldn't have been a human being.

Once I realized that I may have seen a ghost, I called L in panic. I did not want to scare her, for the drive back into town is quite long and dark. So on the phone, I asked her how long it would take for her to reverse and get onto the road. L could hear how anxious I was when I called her. She knew something was up by the tone of my voice and what I had asked her. As you can imagine, the drive was extremely long and frightful. I could not stop thinking about what I had just seen.

When we arrived at the mall in town, I got out of my car extremely fast and enter L's passenger seat. I tell her what had just happened to me at her house. She then understood why my phone call was so strange when we were leaving her house. I described in detail what I saw in M's car. We both came to the conclusion that it was a friend (named K) who had committed suicide a year or two prior. Although, I was only friends with K during elementary school, L was friends with her throughout middle school and the little time in high school before the tragic incident.

K has been to the small pink haunted house before her time ended. But K experienced something that no one had experienced in the small pink house. That story I will save for another time.

This was my first ghost experience that I can recall. But since then, I have had many more occurrences happen. Like I said, stories for another time.

Thanks for reading!

.

By the way

I know this isn't the scariest story ever. But it gave me the creeps. I have had many experience since then and this story is still the one that gave me the weirdest chills up my back. It could be because L and I believe it to be a past friend.

Again, thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rexxxy421, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
Good grief--what a conversation! I just read it and am disappointed that the original poster wasted so much of the readers' time.

I think the YGS mods are unusually patient and try very hard to explain things clearly. They do a professional-level job and invest a lot of time and thought into these submissions.

Thanks, mods, for your dedication and hard work.
~Seraphina
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Since rexxxy421 has deleted her account and moved on, I suggest we do the same. I think we've made it clear, that WE don't think of Miracle's as the B word. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
RC

I read your story. You're fine you were part of it.

Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
rexxxy

There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch.
You wrote that K experienced something in the small pink house. This implies that she, and she alone was present when she had the experience. That's how I read it.

Now you can un-twist and un-clench and apologize to Miracles because your own words caused the confusion and you got really snarky with her. Mods have a hard enough time without this crap.

I got her upset with me a few months back. I deserved it and felt so bad I e-mailed her an apology. But you can apologize in open forum for calling her a B*tch.

Red
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
And just like that I fixed it! LOL I refreshed the page and now I finally know what the ad is for! A "Free Magik Ability Test"! Grrr πŸ€”
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
RCRuskin - without having read it, I can't tell you that it isn't within guidelines. If we have to return it, we will let you know why. Hopefully it'll pass 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
babygoatpuller - I have no idea πŸ˜• My desktop and phone seem to be working fine. If it continues, I'd contact Martin and see if he can help, or has any suggestions.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
[at] Miracles, now I question my most recent experience submitted. It is from my notes and experiences checking out a coworkers haunting, so maybe its okay?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Miracles- What is up with this website? For the past week and half or so it's been acting strange. My screen jumps up and down, it lags seriously and sometimes only half the page will show up. If I give it time it'll show. I've noticed that one of the ads doesn't post. The little circle thing just keeps going around and around and around.

The other day I tried to close it down and when I went to my email page a message popped up that said another web page wasn't loading correctly and did I want to "wait" or "close it". I'm old. I don't have time to wait. πŸ˜†
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
I gotta tell you Miracles, if I don't "vent" when someone's wrong about something, it comes out on inanimate objects later. πŸ˜† It just isn't healthy to keep that stuff inside!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
babygoatpuller - thank you so much! There are times when I question my comments, whether or not I should say what I want to say. Sometimes I give in to that desire, other times I delete and either walk away from the computer or revise (tone down my attitude LOL) and submit.

I think sometimes people mistake sternness for rudeness, or they just want something to complain about πŸ˜† "She hurt my feelings" is one I get so tired of seeing LOL
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Miracles,
I have never, (and for the 50 limit character thing), ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seen you be rude! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
Thanks, Tweed 😊 I had honestly thought about letting it go and see what happened when the next story was submitted but decided to try and nip it in the bud before we got that far. Guess it worked LOL
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-30)
This was seriously someone trying to side step a question about a future submission using guilt and damsel tactics. The story and the original comment in question both allude to some almighty backpedaling about who was where and when.
Miracles, you stepped in at exactly the right time. I think this time of year brings out some errr, testing folk, shall we say.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Thanks for the support, babygoatpuller 😊 I didn't think I was being rude but this is like texting or emails: anything can be misinterpreted, leading to situations just like this. You've been around long enough to have, I'm sure, seen me rude LOL πŸ˜†
DirtCreature (guest)
+4
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
It works both ways rexxxy. Miracles WAS polite in her first comment. She said "please" and you in turn snarked back at her. If you had politely informed her that you were present at the time of K's incident from the outset, none of the rest of this would have been necessary.

Miracles is not only a great MOD, she's a highly regarded MOD and an icon around here. And she is absolutely right. If your fee fee's get twisted in a bunch over something like this, maybe it isn't the site for you. Having been a member for some time now you should be aware that she's also on top of EVERYTHING and steps in when she thinks it's necessary.

You said "K experienced something that no one else had experienced in the small pink house". I gathered that it was told TO you and not experienced BY you. Miracles should have and did step in when it was necessary.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
DirtCreature:

Would you mind posting the link to that article?

Reading through the conversation, it seemed to me that there was a minor misunderstanding which led to responses which were cautious/defensive in tone. Sadly, each of these statements antagonized the other person. Having been the inadvertent cause of a similar conversation in the past (which lasted close to a week!), I think it may be a good idea for all of us to take a look at the article before we make New Year's Resolutions.

Best,
Biblio.
DirtCreature (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Rexxxy girl calm down o.o

There's no reason to insult someone like that especially a mod... Funny I was just reading an article a couple days ago that talked about why people blow up and get angry on the internet:/

This comment from rexxxy421 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
rexxxy - if you misinterpret the tone of a comment, and your feelings get hurt that easily, maybe this isn't the site for you.
rexxxy421 (guest)
-2
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Miracles51031

I totally understand that!
But its different when you are already kind of being rude for no reason!
I am sad to say that you have made my first post experience absolutely terrible. So terrible in fact that you make me want to delete this account. I hope in the future you approach stories with more care and caution. Especially if you notice they are new members. There are many more ways of communicating much nicer than you have.

I hope you have a great day. I also hope that you become more aware of how you question and speak to people on here.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
rexxxy - if you've been a member here for awhile, you should realize if we have questions, we ask them. We don't automatically assume everything is paranormal. We try to rule out every possible normal explanation before assuming it to be paranormal. The questions aren't intended to attack anyone. They are to help clarify the member's story.
rexxxy421 (guest)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Miracles51031

I can answer you questions but please don't ruin this website for me. I have finally gotten the courage to write my experiences on here. First you say I shouldn't write my next experience and now you are questioning my first story ever posted. I feel like you are attacking me for no reason.

But to answer you question. I have dark short hair and the person/spirit I saw in the car had long blonde hair so yes I am sure it was not a reflection. I was able to see in the car at midnight because they have a huge city sized lamp post by their drive way because they live in the country. I hope that answers your questions.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
rexxxy - I'm not going to debate this with you. I have a question about this story. If it was midnight on Black Friday, how could you tell the person you saw sitting in the driver's seat of your friend's sister's car had long blonde hair? And are you sure it wasn't a reflection?
rexxxy421 (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Miracles51031

That makes sense why you thought you should share the rules because I am new. But I have been reading on this website for quite some time.

But I don't know why I would have to rethink K's story? I was present while it happened. Besides K has passed away since then and if I don't tell it no one would hear about it. But thank you for your concern. Have a great day!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
rexxxy - I wasn't sure whether or not you were aware of the Guidelines since your profile shows you only registered as a member 9 days ago.

For the record, your story and comment led me to believe K was the only one who experienced whatever it is you intend on writing up. Maybe you should rethink telling K's story 😐
rexxxy421 (guest)
-3
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
Miracles51031-- I understand you are the MOD but you should not assume things. For I and others were present when something solely happened to K. But thank you for the stating the rules again.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
rexxxy421 - unless you were with K and have first-hand knowledge of her story, please do not submit it. Per our Guidelines on the Submissions Page - REAL, PERSONAL GHOST EXPERIENCE ONLY. Getting it second hand from your friend doesn't make it a personal experience.
rexxxy421 (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
You guys are right, not all ghost stories have to be scary. But I will get to writing about K's experience in the house! I'm glad to see you enjoyed and are excited to read more!

Thanks!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: