You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Era Spirits And An Indian Chief

Real Ghost Stories

Old Era Spirits And An Indian Chief

 

My paranormal experience happened when I was about 12 years old. Our house was a ranch-style home in Benton Harbor, Michigan. My bedroom was towards the back of the hall. Directly across from my room was my parent's bedroom. Towards the hallway entrance there was a bathroom and directly to the right of that was my sister's room. My sister had moved out at that time and was living on campus at Western Michigan University.

One night I awoke to use the bathroom down the hall. I woke up coherent because I really had to use it. I got up out of bed and made my way down the dark hall. As I began walking I saw many people in the hallway, ghostly and slightly translucent, standing, sitting, and walking around. Some appeared as though they were speaking to each other, but I heard little to no sound. They were crowded around the bathroom and my sister's room. The people were dressed in what I describe as "Titanic" era clothing (1910-1930's type of clothing). Not one of them seemed to notice me. I was extremely scared. I had goose bumps. I looked in the bathroom and there were many figures of people. I turned to look in my sister's room (whose door was already open), and a few were in that room, standing and sitting on her bed. At that time I decided to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming or imagining things. It hurt. I left a fairly deep and piercing mark on my skin. The ghostly people were still there. I decided to look up and count to 10. I looked up, closed my eyes and counted to ten slowly. When I was finished counting I looked down and the people were still there. At that point a guy, who looked like a teen boy with an old flat cap, looked up at me. I ran back to my room full speed! I jumped into bed and kept the door open just to be prepared if something was coming for me. I still had to pee like a race horse but I held it like crazy and stayed up for at least 2 hours, simply watching the door. After I could not hold it anymore, I called out to my dad the best I could without raising my voice too much. He woke up and came to my room after a while. I explained what happened to me and he dismissed the whole thing as a dream. I tried to show him the mark on my arm to convince him but it faded over time. He turned on the light and I made sure I had back-up as I finally went back to use the bathroom.

The house was built around 1982 by my father and some others, so I'm not sure what the deal was with what I experienced.

I've had one other smaller experience since then. I was riding in the back seat of a car at night and I saw a face appear in the window next to me. It scared me bad. The face faded after about half a minute. The face appeared to be a Native American Chief-type face, old, wrinkly, and with a headdress. The face seemed to be looking at me/watching me. I found out some years later in life from my mother that we descend from Creek Natives. I don't know if that had anything to do with the sighting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thekeys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I think it makes sense that you have some native blood. You should probably research your roots and/or traditions or talk to your local medicine man. The figures seem to have to do with you yourself and your spiritual potential or anointing rather than the locations themselves, that's my take on it anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: