You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Follows...always

Real Ghost Stories

It Follows...always

 

I don't have anyone to turn to. Everyone who experienced the following events with me, laugh it off as nothing, or disregard the events as a whole.

It started off when my grandparents first purchased their house, the year I was born, well, a few months before to be exact. Due to my parents not being able to find an apartment I lived in that house until the approximate age of two.

I have no recollection of my early years there. I go off testimony when I say that the entity that resided in said house, developed a connection with me. My uncles, aunts, and parents claimed that the paranormal occurrences would center around me. My swing would move on its own, and would continue to play music, after the batteries were taken out. I would wake up late at night and point to nothing and say something was there. The worst part is all these incidents occured in the basement, because that is where my parents and I would sleep.

Long story short, we ended up moving away. My parents and I moved three hours away, but for some reason I always found myself back inside that house.

At 6 or 7 we moved back. The neighborhood was peaceful and the house looked quite nice. The sun was bright and always peered its way in through the windows of the house, but as a kid I would sit in the main living room and it would feel dark. It would feel evil.

A few months ago, I was sitting in the main living room. I looked out the window and saw a tall figure looking back at me. Wearing all black, with an expressionless face. I turned for a second to tell my brother to look, and when I turned back it was gone.

I moved away a few weeks later, happy to be out of the house. In my new house (a 45 minute drive away from my grandparent's house), weird stuff has begun happening. I hear voices at night. My bedroom door opens at night all the way, to reveal no one there. It has gotten so bad that I now wear headphones to sleep, to block the voices, and lock my room door at night, so it won't open. It seems to be working, but I don't know for how much longer.

It follows me. I know it's here. If you guys want more in depth stories about individual incidents please tell me in the comments. Also give me any advice.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, humz101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-23)
Hi there!

It seems that whatever it was, latched itself to you. The only advice I could give is maybe seek help from whatever religion you are practicing. There are many cleansing methods that are being done and shared in this platform, maybe you can do one of them. I hope you are okay and I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more stories from you!

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-23)
Hi Humz101 -

Thanks for sharing your story. I have a few questions. From the first time you moved away until you moved back, age 6 or 7, do you remember having any incidents, feeling or hearing anything in the place you were living at that time? Have you talked to your parents and grandparents about what you feel in the house and about what you saw that day? Have you ever heard them talk about feeling or seeing anything?

This thing you saw, you say it was a figure with an expressionless face, was it man or woman? You say it was wearing all black, was it a dress, suit, robe?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to better understand so I can try and help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: