You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Dogs Start Barking

Real Ghost Stories

My Dogs Start Barking

 

About a year ago my parents went on a road trip to St. Louis to go see my dad's side of the family and left me to watch the house. They were gone for about a week or two. One night around 2 o' clock in the morning me and my girlfriend were watching movies and all of a sudden my dogs started barking. The barking went on for about I want to say 5 minutes and finally I hear this grown man's voice say "Shhhhhhhh be quiet!" The tone of the man's voice was very angry and furious. I promise was not drinking anything and I never have been on any drugs in my life.

So after that I went upstairs and all three of my dogs were standing at the top of the stairs looking up at the ceiling and while I was walkig up the stairs I was hearing loud thuds in the attic as if someone was running or jumping in there. Eventually after 10 minutes of noises coming from the attic I had called the police and they ended up checking the house and sure enough there was no one in the house and there was no one in the attic.

Now just a few days ago my parents ended up taking another road trip to St. Louis and left me in charge of the house again but this night is a lot more intense. It was around 9 o' clock so it was fairly early and me and my girlfriend had just got back from the movies and we were watching TV in the SAME exact spot as the last incident and all of the sudden we hear the front door slam and we hear very loud footsteps going up the stairs. And my girlfriend says " Aren't you going to see who just came in?" I had told her it was probably just my brother he needed to laundry. Then she says "Don't you think he would have at least said hello?"

So then after that my dogs start barking again and as I went up the stairs my dogs were in the SAME exact spot at the top of the stairs staring at the ceiling. Later that night when I was trying to get some sleep I saw all three of my dogs in the hallway (I had my door open) just looking up at the ceiling. I had heard the footsteps in my attic again and at this point I was terrified so I grabbed my shotgun and went in to the laundry room (the attic door is in there) and I told whoever was up there if you don't get down from the attic that I was going to shoot you. When I looked up at the door to the attic on the ceiling part of it was opened as if someone climbed in there and forgotten to put it down all the way. I ended up going in the attic and sure enough nothing was there so I just went back to bed.

How come the man only came out when my family was in St. Louis? What do you think? I think that since I was living in Sacramento,CA, before there were any houses it was all wetlands and there were a lot of hunters during that time and my dogs barking maybe would scare the "Animals" away? But why did the man only show up when my parents were in St.Louis? HELP?

Other hauntings by WestCoastPrince

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WestCoastPrince, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WestCoastPrince (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Ahaha Javelina it's ok I've been a Laker fan all my life! And yeah there are some weird stuff that goes down there!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
WestCoastPrince,
So you've moved down the coast, eh? Be careful down there, they aren't too cool about Kings fans hanging around 😉. And if you really want to see strange, walk the Sunset Strip at night. It's nearly impossible to tell the dead from the undead, they all look the same. 😆

Jav 😊
WestCoastPrince (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Thanks everyone for the support! I actually just moved to my new house in Los Angeles and I havn't had any experiences yet... But I'll keep all you updated!;)
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
ok check to see if anyone died in the house or what ever and just be calm and if you hear it again talk to it hope this helped. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I have a sister who lives right near downtown on Y street. I lived out in Orangevale and Folsom before moving up to Placerville. The whole area is haunted. I believe much of it stems from the gold rush days, but there are some really hinky areas downtown that bother me immensely. Like that house where the lady killed all those people and buried them in the back yard? That place is messed up! I can't even walk by it! You can feel it from a half mile away.

Jav 😲
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I guess the entity is attached to you way back in Sacramento. It only shows up or let you feel it's presence when you are alone in the house and tells you that you have company or you are not alone. Just be happy that the entity is not malevolent. You could also ask a priest to have your house blessed. I know some of them could be a real pain in the neck.
Anyways, God bless and I hope it stopped already

❤shyenne❤
Hunter_11 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
why don't you check the history of the house. This might give you some info about the "MAN" and I am happy that it dosen't hurt you. And why he hunts you when your parents are not home. Please keep us updated 😊 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Mystery as to why it should happen when your parents are not there. Something trying to scar you, perhaps. Thank God it has not hurt you.
WestCoastPrince (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
XjazzyX I know right kind of creppy huh? Ever since I moved I havn't had any weird experiences soo thank god:)
WestCoastPrince (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
[at] Javelina I lived in West Sacramento at the time so I was like 10 or 15 minutes away from Davis but yaaa there is a lot of haunted houses down here in Sac Town
XjazzyX (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
it also happened to me b4 until now my answer is still not answered 😭
Reza84 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
If you can, check the history around the neighborhood. "body found" headlines or missing person.
Reza84 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I would toss out the hunter theory, Wetlands are typical spots for dumping bodies. If this spot was on the outskirts of town at one point and then developed. Who knows what or who could have been dumped out there. Unsolved murder?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Okay, just exactly where are these ex-wetlands? I used to live up there, and my sister still does. Are you closer to Davis or Folsom? And just for future reference, you were right to pay attention to the dogs. They see what we can't, this I truly believe.
Living anywhere in Sac will make you prone to having experienced paranormal occurrences. In my experience from living there, the whole freaking place is haunted as hell!

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: